Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 02:40 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,348 times

Advertisements

Garrett tried to play Survivor like a hand of poker. Everyone sitting around the same table trying to read and bluff each other. He was not good at verbal communications, but at the poker table you only need to say a few words at a time. One hand of poker only takes a short time, Survivor lasts for weeks. Except not for Garrett!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 03:05 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Shell, Spencer did not vote to kick Garett out. He voted to send J'Tai home. The vote was 3-2. The 3 women for Garett and Garett and Spencer for J'Tai.
Oops, you're right! However, I do think he considered it by the look on his face. But yea, now I remember. Thanks for the correction...maybe I was thinking I would've voted for Garrett. You know, even though J'Tia screwed up with the rice (especially), I still think she could be a real asset in that now she has a lot of making up to do. And one thing she said (which may be true) is that she's loyal. Who knows though???

Old 02-27-2014, 03:22 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Garrett tried to play Survivor like a hand of poker. Everyone sitting around the same table trying to read and bluff each other. He was not good at verbal communications, but at the poker table you only need to say a few words at a time. One hand of poker only takes a short time, Survivor lasts for weeks. Except not for Garrett!
That's a very good analogy. Maybe his big mistake was over-thinking and over-strategizing. He just wasn't adept at reading the others' thoughts.

I wonder now if the "Brains" have a chance of winning the next challenge. They have little to no food, no shelter and they have to be demoralized. They are just not in good shape. Next week will be really interesting. They really need to win one or they will be picked off really fast.

If Garret left the idol back in camp, will they find out about it? He would have had to go back to get his stuff so he would be turning it in I guess but I wonder if the others would be told he had it. Will it be hidden again?

Old 02-27-2014, 04:38 PM

248 posts, read 243,899 times
Good start to the season however... I am so tired of seeing clips of snakes and lizards! When was the last time we actually saw a snake and a cast member in the same frame? Last I can remember was a sea snake in season 3. You can count on one slithering across the set just prior to every TC. I need to check the credits next week to see who the snake handler is. I am positive they are imported.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:03 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
That's a very good analogy. Maybe his big mistake was over-thinking and over-strategizing. He just wasn't adept at reading the others' thoughts.
That's right, he needed a "Spy Shack". I'm just say'in....

So what is the "Tyler Perry" Idol going to be? Anyone have a guess???

Old 02-27-2014, 06:53 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
"Hey, Jeff, why don't you stop yelling about how crappy we are, why don't you get your butt out here and try it?"
Dimples was getting on my nerves during the challenges too but he is planting seeds of doubt in teammates. I suppose it could be an advantage since while you are in the challenge you can't see how everybody is doing. To me though Dimples is manipulating the game by his constant jabbering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post

So what is the "Tyler Perry" Idol going to be? Anyone have a guess???
I don't because I don't know what you are talking about sorry.

Garrett would be a good fit with Colton not wanting to do any work they both were pretty prissy. How does being a poker pro put you on the brains team? I could tell just by his speech he wasn't a brainiac.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:25 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,348 times
I'll bet that J'Tia is going to be crying the loudest because she's hungry!

Old 02-27-2014, 08:24 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I'll bet that J'Tia is going to be crying the loudest because she's hungry!
If she does the other 3 should pounce on her with a fistful of dirt. I hope they win a food challenge and everybody gets to go but her.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:32 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
I love my CD Survivor watching/commentating buddies. HOWEVER () I don't know why the majority are focusing in and putting blame on Garrett. He didn't do something that has never been done before. There have been multiple times when a team mate was told they were going home. I don't get that that was a big deal. And yea he probably would have been sent home soon enough.. But to keep a player who sabotaged the entire team by throwing away their food source--that is unheard of and unforgiveable. AND she was useless in every way possible prior to her Hantzlike temper tantrum. I gave Cass more credit than she obviously deserved because she seemed visibly shaken by the rice toss. The other chick defending the saboteur, and I don't yet know her name, why wasn't she mortified and incredibly peeved at the actions of her so-called ally?

I'm still sitting here like that her torch was not put out. What she did was inexcusable. Period.
Garrett was an idiot but..........come on...................

Rant over.............

Old 02-27-2014, 08:37 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,143,960 times
Well, it comes down to who do you want to be playing the game against ... someone who acts like they're running the game, or someone who's done something that will make no one vote for in the end?

I'd keep the no-voter around, personally.

Not to mention, after however many seasons of Survivor, if he's that dumb about telling someone they're going home ... he deserved to be blindsided. You don't give them any opportunity to 1) wreak havoc on the camp, or 2) to sway the vote. He gave her time to do both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV