Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Brains work better when they are in a mix. Remember Yul, he was a brain who won Survivor and so was Cochran. But these "Brains" all together are just bad. Or maybe it's these particular brains. Now that they are going to do some merging next week, it will be interesting to see how well each of them do.
That is only 2 out of 27 winners not good odds for intellect folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
but I'm also pleased she took it like a good sport. Not something you see everyday...
I have to disagree her final words after she owned her mistakes were "I hope my team starves" that is not good sportsmanship in my book. Beside there is something deep seeded for a person to go to the level of destroying food that sustains you. She's cracked in the head to me sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 02:00 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
I think Tony is jealous of Cliff and wants him gone. I don't think it's just because Cliff has money. Cliff is likable and that's a threat to Tony. Maybe Tony is afraid Cliff is a better athlete. Or maybe he just doesn't like that Cliff is just better looking. But whatever the reason, the excuse he is giving that Cliff doesn't deserve to win because he is already a millionaire is just lame.

Tony simply doesn't want to compete with Cliff and wants him out as early in the game as possible even though Cliff has been an asset to the tribe while others haven't been as much. It will be interesting to see how much influence Tony has when the switch happens.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:00 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,494 times
Of course, that's your opinion. I know she said what she said, but I still think it was not indicative of her overall character. Now, I get what you're saying about the food, but she did it because she thought she was being voted out. Garrett made massive mistakes trying to control everyone's game...that was her way of controlling something of her own. He should never have made her feel like he did when he had his little meeting.

Again, as I said before, I wasn't happy with her choices, but I do think it was a result of her being out of sorts. I can't hang her out just because when she was finally booted, she made a half-a$$ed comment. It didn't seem too severe to me nor was it filled with angst or hatred. JMO though...

Old 03-13-2014, 02:03 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I think Tony is jealous of Cliff and wants him gone. I don't think it's just because Cliff has money. Cliff is likable and that's a threat to Tony. Maybe Tony is afraid Cliff is a better athlete. Or maybe he just doesn't like that Cliff is just better looking. But whatever the reason, the excuse he is giving that Cliff doesn't deserve to win because he is already a millionaire is just lame.

Tony simply doesn't want to compete with Cliff and wants him out as early in the game as possible even though Cliff has been an asset to the tribe while others haven't been as much. It will be interesting to see how much influence Tony has when the switch happens.
Oh yes, this exactly. I don't know the reasons Tony hates Cliff, but this sounds plausible to me. And yea, I was really sweating them trying to lose to get rid of him. I like Cliff...he's just so enjoyable and seems so happy to me...it makes ME happy.

Anyway, it'll be really interesting when the merge takes place...nothing is for certain!

Old 03-13-2014, 02:29 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,146 times
Ouch @ that Reward Challenge and all that bumping into abdomen level lumber 2x4s. That hurt to warch.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Ouch @ that Reward Challenge and all that bumping into abdomen level lumber 2x4s. That hurt to warch.
Oooh! Me too. Those are the challenges that make me not want to look. Those challenges just look so dangerous.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
That is only 2 out of 27 winners not good odds for intellect folks.

I have to disagree her final words after she owned her mistakes were "I hope my team starves" that is not good sportsmanship in my book. Beside there is something deep seeded for a person to go to the level of destroying food that sustains you. She's cracked in the head to me sorry.
Yeah, she said half of her wanted to say she hoped her team starved but she said it with a little smile on her face so I took it to mean she was kind of joking about spilling the rice but didn't actually mean it. Who knows, I think she was losing it and just didn't know what she was doing or saying half the time.

I agree with you about the 2 our of 27 though. I just meant that they do better with others not so brainy around them because they need them. I don't think that brains has ever been outstanding in the game of "Survivor." Brains doesn't equal strategy. Teamwork does so brawn, which often involves teamwork, probably has the best chance.

I didn't expect Brains to do well in this competition although I didn't think they would be doing this badly.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:54 PM

5,515 posts, read 7,106,662 times
I have to disagree her final words after she owned her mistakes were "I hope my team starves" that is not good sportsmanship in my book. Beside there is something deep seeded for a person to go to the level of destroying food that sustains you. She's cracked in the head to me sorry.[/quote]

I was going to say the same thing Jax, you beat me to it.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:10 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
It cracks me up how quickly the brains were dissolved. All because they thought keeping the weakest link was the smart thing to do? They may be smart but they can't strategize!

Old 03-13-2014, 03:16 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Of course, that's your opinion. I know she said what she said, but I still think it was not indicative of her overall character. Now, I get what you're saying about the food, but she did it because she thought she was being voted out. Garrett made massive mistakes trying to control everyone's game...that was her way of controlling something of her own. He should never have made her feel like he did when he had his little meeting.

Again, as I said before, I wasn't happy with her choices, but I do think it was a result of her being out of sorts. I can't hang her out just because when she was finally booted, she made a half-a$$ed comment. It didn't seem too severe to me nor was it filled with angst or hatred. JMO though...
This is why I love this thread we can disagree with somebody and get our points across without name calling, screaming or other behaviors.

I see your point but I still have to respectfully disagree with the highlighted part above. So if a person is getting evicted it is OK to do as much damage before they leave essentially is what you are saying? Even though it was their own fault for getting evicted they still should make others pay for it.

Our world is to messed up now because we stopped holding folks accountable for their actions IMO. So we'll split you give the pass & I won't OK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV