Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 09:54 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
The girls from Brazil and Russia are so young! Paola is a little older, she seems like a firecracker. She might be using her guy to stay here.

I thought Mormons were suppose to marry Mormons . Or will she have to convert to Mormonism? The Mormon guy is really insecure.

I can't tell yet about the Russian girl, the IT guy seems shy and yeah they are awkward together .

I'll keep watching this one, it looks interesting and next week they bring in a fourth couple.
Right, the Russian chick looks like she's 12!!! The Brazilian girl is a doll, literally, she is soooo gorgeous!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 11:59 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
The girls from Brazil and Russia are so young! Paola is a little older, she seems like a firecracker. She might be using her guy to stay here.

I thought Mormons were suppose to marry Mormons . Or will she have to convert to Mormonism? The Mormon guy is really insecure.

I can't tell yet about the Russian girl, the IT guy seems shy and yeah they are awkward together .

I'll keep watching this one, it looks interesting and next week they bring in a fourth couple.
I think I read on the website that the Mormon guy met the Brazillian girl while he was on a mission to her village in Brazil, and that she's Mormon, too. They Skyped and then he went back, and now they want to marry. But, he does seem really insecure from what I read, and she's from a really rural village, so LA is going to be a real test for her.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:08 AM

431 posts, read 446,090 times
So, I was finally able to catch up and watch this last night...

I think Paola and Kirlyam are genuine in their love for their fiances. I think Kirlyam's fiance (forget his name) is definitely got some jealousy/control issues :-X

I think Aziza is definitely just using her fiance to get to this country though...something was really off about her, she did not seem genuine at all.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:47 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,236,641 times
I really thought this show would be a snoozer, but I liked it. As soon as I saw the little cute one, I said she'd be a model as soon as she's seen by the right person. Her fiancé has no chance of keeping her, he's a jealous mess. I'd hate to be his friend and have to sleep over.

The Russian is an obvious scam, I feel sorry for the guy as he seems naïve. And while I get the parents of the one guy being upset with the situation, they should've been a bit more polite. Get after your kid, not the girl.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:53 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
And while I get the parents of the one guy being upset with the situation, they should've been a bit more polite. Get after your kid, not the girl.
I was really impressed that the girl came right out and asked the parents what the problem was. The boyfriend is a putz. He didn't break the silence, he went along with it. And if mom's looks could kill, the girlfriend would be dead right now.

I thought Kirylam was so cute on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but boyfriend is an insecure mess. He's afraid she'll get approached to be a model. She's a sweet, naive girl and he should trust her, and himself. Really, a friend over to chaperone?

Old 01-17-2014, 05:46 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,267 times
I didn't like it when Kirylam's boyfriend reprimanded her on the walk of fame with "carefully" comment. He does seem very controling and she will definitely pick up work but he won't allow it.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:48 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,169 times
I watched this show for the first time tonight and I'm going to keep tuning in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I really thought this show would be a snoozer, but I liked it. As soon as I saw the little cute one, I said she'd be a model as soon as she's seen by the right person. Her fiancé has no chance of keeping her, he's a jealous mess. I'd hate to be his friend and have to sleep over.

The Russian is an obvious scam, I feel sorry for the guy as he seems naïve. And while I get the parents of the one guy being upset with the situation, they should've been a bit more polite. Get after your kid, not the girl.
hahah! I thought the same thing when I saw her too. And what was up about that Aziza woman just sitting at the dinner table while everyone else was eating?

Old 01-20-2014, 10:34 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,236,641 times
Did anyone else what to hug that sweet little girl crying last night? She broke my heart, and I couldn't imagine that poor thing having to stay with strangers. Why couldn't her honey stay there also? I really thought most of these women would be scammers, but not this one. He wont be able to hang on to her though, he's a controlling jerk imo.

Moe, I felt bad for the Russian girl. I used to be like that as a teen. Its truly something you cant control, she wasn't being rude. It was harder on her than the family. To this day I don't like eating in front of others, but I do and it took a lot of work to get over that problem. I remember going to a boyfriends house and his mom taught me how to make pork chops. When it came time to sit and eat, I said I wasn't hungry. They all refused to eat until I did. It was so hard and I couldn't wait to leave.

I'm liking her better than I did in the 1st episode, but I get the feeling she isn't attracted to her fiancé. I don't believe she wants to sleep with him. I predict a broken heart for him. Omg the cowboy boots girl! Who does that? I'd never pick the most expensive pair, or drink like a fish in front of people I just met. He'll be broke in no time with this one. The new girl seems nice, hope they work out as he seems like a nice guy and I love that she's his age. I'm with you Moe, this show is on my must watch list.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:28 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,795,598 times
Drats! I missed it last night - DVR here I come!

Old 01-20-2014, 10:27 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,202 times
Love Paola & Kirlyam (I felt really bad for Kirlyam crying, poor baby!) Paola is hilarious & manipulative, I can totally see her doing great in a big city like Miami, but Owasso, OK, hail no!

Aziza is strange & is planning her escape route.

The Filipina girl is asking for it with those 2 spoiled boys. I can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV