Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2015, 06:12 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Oh my gosh the next weeks preview of Loren saying "do you think he wont marry me over this ? " really Loren if Alexi gets upset over you going to a male strip club then maybe he is not the one for you . She seems very insecure and I think her being an only child and her parents spoiling her has done this . I think she might see Alexi as being controlling I mean that would say tons to me about him being upset about a strip club .
Alexi is from Israel, a religious state. It is run by the Jewish religion. It's not a control issue it is a culture issue. Of course he is upset she went to a strip club without even telling him (or that her friends didn't say anything to him about it). Where he is from that kind of thing is NOT ok. Not only that, but it's abundantly clear that the guy has issues with how Loren idolizes physical appearance, it makes him uncomfortable. I feel bad for him, she doesn't seem to really understand where he comes from or what he wants. She treats him like a pretty toy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 07:03 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,419,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Alexi is from Israel, a religious state. It is run by the Jewish religion. It's not a control issue it is a culture issue. Of course he is upset she went to a strip club without even telling him (or that her friends didn't say anything to him about it). Where he is from that kind of thing is NOT ok. Not only that, but it's abundantly clear that the guy has issues with how Loren idolizes physical appearance, it makes him uncomfortable. I feel bad for him, she doesn't seem to really understand where he comes from or what he wants. She treats him like a pretty toy.
There is truth to his being uncomfortable, but although he is from Israel, he is not very religious. I think he is just offended by her going to a strip club and acting out. (If they were religious, they would not be wearing the attire they do ... they are definitely Jewish and I am sure they identify with the religion and culture, and I dont want to be all preachy but he/they are not religious...).

Old 11-26-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
There is truth to his being uncomfortable, but although he is from Israel, he is not very religious. I think he is just offended by her going to a strip club and acting out. (If they were religious, they would not be wearing the attire they do ... they are definitely Jewish and I am sure they identify with the religion and culture, and I dont want to be all preachy but he/they are not religious...).
He may not be religious but he was raised in a religious state. His exposure and acceptance of things like male strip clubs is going to be different due to where he grew up. It doesn't have to do with him being religious but his level of exposure to that kind of activity being acceptable. The clubs there aren't like the clubs here either. They are often a cover for the sex industry and even have human trafficking issues. In Israel you're average guy (even if he isn't religious) is not going to look at these kind of establishments with nonchalance. To most it's a hub of criminal activity. That's been his experience and exposure to these kinds of clubs. At a minimum her visiting one warranted a discussion with him beforehand.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:16 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
That's how I see it. If they were religious they would act like the Mormon and Evangelical couples from this and past seasons and their living conditions pre marriage would not be daddy saying "I don't want to hear it", but rather they would be in separate houses to take away the opportunities.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
That's how I see it. If they were religious they would act like the Mormon and Evangelical couples from this and past seasons and their living conditions pre marriage would not be daddy saying "I don't want to hear it", but rather they would be in separate houses to take away the opportunities.
Again, I'm not saying he is religious. He was raised in a religious state, a government that is run by the Jewish faith. Obviously there will be some major cultural differences between here and there. A quick search shows that they only have strip clubs in Tel Aviv and even then there's articles about how they aren't exactly "clean" businesses. It isn't the same experience there as it is here. Here it is a business. There it's not uncommon for them to be involved in criminal activity. His exposure and view is different because of where he is from, not his religious beliefs.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:44 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
okay well now that we have settled the religious state /cultural issue . I have tried to join that site on fb but have not been approved yet does anyone know how I can get approved to join it ??

Old 11-26-2015, 04:47 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
Give them a little time, it shouldn't take that long but since it's Thanksgiving, they may be busy and not able to check FB to see requests, probably soon imo.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:06 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,419,194 times
Yes phonelady- I think I joined yesterday or the day before and approval took maybe 12 hours or so. See you there~

Old 11-27-2015, 07:47 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,164 times
Just joined. .OMF. ..Danielle and fam at Golden Corral. .

Old 11-27-2015, 09:39 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Man I still am not approved to join wth is going on with that fb site .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV