Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2014, 10:01 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times

Advertisements

Did anyone watch last night???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 10:11 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,733,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Did anyone watch last night???
I never saw an episode before, but I watched last night as nothing was on....

The 41 year old lady with three kids made me so sad I don't think I'll tune in again. I am saddened that she has three teenagers herself and is modeling poor behavior for them.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:43 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Oh the one that got to me was the philipino girl daya and the divorced guy with a lil daughter . She came off as very rude and from looking at upcoming episodes it does not get any better .Then the guy who had all the dirty dishes in the sink and he wanted the girl to clean em up for them ...Ugh some of these ppl I see why they go to foreign countries looking for people because most American women would not let them get away with this behavior ..I watched the recap from the first couples and I noticed Louis and Aya did not want to participate in that program and Im wondering if they are in the process of getting a divorce ? , with his ex wife and the brat boys I could see that happening .

Old 10-20-2014, 12:56 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,733,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Oh the one that got to me was the philipino girl daya and the divorced guy with a lil daughter . She came off as very rude and from looking at upcoming episodes it does not get any better .Then the guy who had all the dirty dishes in the sink and he wanted the girl to clean em up for them ...Ugh some of these ppl I see why they go to foreign countries looking for people because most American women would not let them get away with this behavior ..I watched the recap from the first couples and I noticed Louis and Aya did not want to participate in that program and Im wondering if they are in the process of getting a divorce ? , with his ex wife and the brat boys I could see that happening .
I didn't see the first people, but I also found Daya annoying when she was mad that her fiancé did not bring her roses. He seems like a sweet, but very strange guy though. It is weird that his roommates were his mother's age and his best friend was another lady who looked older than his mother! I am assuming the fact that he is sort of weird is probably why he was going to the Philippines to find a bride. I found it odd that he specifically targeted Filipina women because of their culture's attitude towards marriage. In the Philippines, a woman cannot divorce a man! It has nothing to do with the culture's marriage values, but what is allowed there! If anything, the women there want to get here knowing that they have the ability to divorce freely. I can't say I blame them for using men to get here, but that it is sad that the guy seems nice, just weird!

I really wish that most of these people truly researched the cultures that their intended is coming from, just to better understand them.

I think I feel the most sad for the lady with the kids, but I don't really feel sad for her but for the kids who are placed into a situation where they will have to try to pick up the pieces of their mother in the best circumstances or be ignored in favor of the fiancé... Then, I feel sad for the Columbian lady who moved into the guy's bachelor pad, because she shouldn't be treated as a maid! After that, I feel sad for the couple where the guy is a pop star, because I think they are honestly in love and she will get a lot of the heat from his band for taking him away. I think I feel the least sad for the nice but strange guy. It seems like he has people who are warning him that he will be used and it seems like another situation where a parent is putting their wants ahead of what their children need. If you're willing to go to such lengths to find a bride, why are you not so willing to go to great lengths to be somewhere near your child or spend the money you spent on your trips to the Philippines as savings for your child's college fund or to take her to Disney World? Just seems selfish and that if the child and the mother do not get along, that it will be the child who suffers!

I feel like I don't want to watch because there are so many children effected by this that I am sad about it. Similar to in Teen Mom.... where the kids have no say that their lives are being documented for us all to see.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
I didn't see the first people, but I also found Daya annoying when she was mad that her fiancé did not bring her roses. He seems like a sweet, but very strange guy though. It is weird that his roommates were his mother's age and his best friend was another lady who looked older than his mother! I am assuming the fact that he is sort of weird is probably why he was going to the Philippines to find a bride. I found it odd that he specifically targeted Filipina women because of their culture's attitude towards marriage. In the Philippines, a woman cannot divorce a man! It has nothing to do with the culture's marriage values, but what is allowed there! If anything, the women there want to get here knowing that they have the ability to divorce freely. I can't say I blame them for using men to get here, but that it is sad that the guy seems nice, just weird!

I really wish that most of these people truly researched the cultures that their intended is coming from, just to better understand them.

I think I feel the most sad for the lady with the kids, but I don't really feel sad for her but for the kids who are placed into a situation where they will have to try to pick up the pieces of their mother in the best circumstances or be ignored in favor of the fiancé... Then, I feel sad for the Columbian lady who moved into the guy's bachelor pad, because she shouldn't be treated as a maid! After that, I feel sad for the couple where the guy is a pop star, because I think they are honestly in love and she will get a lot of the heat from his band for taking him away. I think I feel the least sad for the nice but strange guy. It seems like he has people who are warning him that he will be used and it seems like another situation where a parent is putting their wants ahead of what their children need. If you're willing to go to such lengths to find a bride, why are you not so willing to go to great lengths to be somewhere near your child or spend the money you spent on your trips to the Philippines as savings for your child's college fund or to take her to Disney World? Just seems selfish and that if the child and the mother do not get along, that it will be the child who suffers!

I feel like I don't want to watch because there are so many children effected by this that I am sad about it. Similar to in Teen Mom.... where the kids have no say that their lives are being documented for us all to see.

yes thank you I see that too ...whoa the rock star and the blonde girl and yeah if that does not work out then he is right back where he started from and might not be lucky enough to get another band to work with him if something should happen and he wants to go back to Nicaragua ...who knows either way it is sad all the way around for all of the kids involved in this .

Old 10-25-2014, 07:36 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
I never saw an episode before, but I watched last night as nothing was on....

The 41 year old lady with three kids made me so sad I don't think I'll tune in again. I am saddened that she has three teenagers herself and is modeling poor behavior for them.
This season isn't interesting me; especially this one. How much do you want to bet he goes for her oldest daughter?

Old 10-25-2014, 08:10 AM

7,363 posts, read 5,478,151 times
All kinds of red flags this season! I watched the 'where are they now' couples from last season. They only showed three, the guy who married the Filipino woman didn't participate, but the other couples were all doing fine.

The 41 year old woman and 15 year younger guy is a huge red flag. She seemed very emotionally needy and I feel sorry for the three teenage daughters. This guy is probably only here for the green card.

The guy who said he looks like Alec Baldwin (NOT) seems sexist and taking advantage of the Columbian girl. She wasn't off the plane for a few hours and he already had her in bed and then washing the dishes while he watched football.

The boy from Nicaragua I don't understand. If he is such a huge star there as he claims why would he want to move to a small rural town in Illinois? What is he going to do there? I agree with his manager that if he went to Miami or some other big city with a large Latino community he might have a chance at making it in the music business.

Brett seemed slow to me. And it seemed odd his roommates and best friend were older, mothering type woman. The fiancee, Daya, I think is here for the green card. She didn't even hug him at the airport and then ******ed at him for not bringing her the roses she requested. BIG red flag!

Old 10-26-2014, 07:07 AM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
All kinds of red flags this season! I watched the 'where are they now' couples from last season. They only showed three, the guy who married the Filipino woman didn't participate, but the other couples were all doing fine. snip..

Brett seemed slow to me. And it seemed odd his roommates and best friend were older, mothering type woman. The fiancee, Daya, I think is here for the green card. She didn't even hug him at the airport and then ******ed at him for not bringing her the roses she requested. BIG red flag!
While the cultures are compatible they are not identical. Similar type comments were made about Aya in the first season. Public displays of affection is generally a no go among Filipinos except bar girls trying to hold on to their customers. I am sure that among the other nationalities American TV viewers bring their own cultural prejudices to their snap judgement.

However the missing and perhaps better story then we don't have money for a dress and my mother in law thinks I am a Green card prostitute is Brett's collection of older women friends and roommates.. It is a pitch for a sitcom that many writers have to be upset that it would have been stolen from them if TLC had a bigger market share.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:19 AM

OMG Brett honey you need to dump that money grubbing Daya on the next plane home ...the comments she made about the ring shows she is nothing but a money hoe short and simple and she needs to go ...if he marrys her , he can better count on a divorce really soon after she gets the green card .... Danny that guy dumped the girl(from south Africa ) in the middle of isolation and did not think twice about it . Come on what made him think that would be okay to leave her alone in the middle of nowhere ...jeeze give me a break now we know why you had to look at another country for a bride .... Okay now onto Justin , he is way too scared of his family to even think about getting married . Grow a set will ya dude jeeze . Poor girl Chelsea from Illinois and the fellow yamir from Nicaragua . I do feel for them especially him he is going to be in the Midwest with farmers and no idea how to do anything . That 40 yr old woman is pathetic and so is her family I mean really they look like white trash when they are all piled in that van like a bunch of hillbillys ...that is the nicest thing I can say about them .I can see so much going wrong from the start and yet they don't see it or at least they are not trying to see it .

Old 10-27-2014, 07:55 AM

7,363 posts, read 5,478,151 times
I felt sorry for the girl from South Africa. She's only 21 and the guy left her with his brother and wife who she didn't know. She seemed so scared.
Daya is a piece of work, she doesn't seem to appreciate anything Brett does for her but then kisses him and tells him she loves him, then orders him to have her diamond ring checked out because she thinks it's fake. And there is something off about Brett, I don't know if it's that maniacal laugh of his or what?
I also think it's fishy Justin is dragging his feet about introducing Evelin to his family.
The 41 year old lady, she looks older than that, and Mohamed...I will be surprised if that lasts, her son asked him flat out if he was scamming his Mother. He had an oh **** look on his face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV