Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 07:01 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times

Advertisements

Yep, I agree. This is one of the best shows to come along in quite a while. And with only four episodes left, I assume things will move along pretty quickly in each episode.

Can't wait to see who HBO will cast next season. Matthew and Woody have been killing it so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 10:39 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
I didn't like the fact that there was a "teaser" preview for this episode showing the drug cooker in his yard wearing underwear, but they never went there.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
I didn't like the fact that there was a "teaser" preview for this episode showing the drug cooker in his yard wearing underwear, but they never went there.
It was an early teaser. They haven't gone there yet. They're still looking for him.

The biker dude he "saved" in the project shooting is going to take them to him.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:22 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yes, and it is a shame there will only be 4 more eps.

So well done....amazing.
Yeah, that is a damn shame. I think I read somewhere the series will continue, but with a different cast for each season.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:22 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Another great episode. Now they're not just hinting that they suspect he's the murderer. If it turns out he's the murderer, I'll be disappointed that they made it so obvious from the beginning. Before the investigators even pointed it out, I suspected that he might have made the phone call. I asked hubby, "If it's him, why would he do that? Nobody was investigating the prisoner's death. He didn't have to make a big deal about it and draw attention to the phone call." Hubby suggested maybe he's on a power trip---rubbing their faces in it. The investigators did ask him if he has any lost time. Wouldn't that be something if he is chasing and investigating himself, like he has a split personality and doesn't know it. The only thing that doesn't make sense is the prisoner said "higher ups, big people know who the killer is and has protected him." That would mean that it's not a split personality but more of a cult.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:55 AM

6,968 posts, read 4,809,652 times
I agree, excellent! I've been in the "It can't be Cohle" camp since the beginning, but now that the detective suggested that he may be blacking out, losing time......I have doubts! He's such a bat**** crazy character, it would fit. Especially the way he drinks and drugs.

I was also confused/disappointed that the teaser shot of who I had thought was the meth cooker/murderer was never shown. It was obviouly the same place, and although Ledoux was in his underwear when they cuffed him, they never revisited that shot.

And there's still all the unanswered stuff about the church, the school associated with the church. It can't be Cohle, lol.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:04 AM

5,126 posts, read 6,123,485 times
The guy in the mask and underwear was a throwback to the sketch the little girl provided the cops that was shown in an earlier episode right? The cop had said they could not send it out looking like that.......but in a little girls eyes it is easy to see her envisioning the cooker looking like the sketch.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:04 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
I'm surprised people are falling for the "Cohle did it" theory. I think he's still investigating the murder and I also think he might still be working with Hart.

In the jail cell, the prisoner said the murderer is still out there and big people are involved.

When the 2012 detectives show Cohle the pictures, he says "How did you keep this out of the papers? You must be working with some big people".

In the car, Hart tells Cohle they must have got the murderer because there have been no more killings and Cohle says maybe there are but we just don't know it.

Could Cohle have made the call? Sure but that could have easily just been because he wants to know what the prisoner knows. But if the calls were monitored and "big people" heard, they could have killed the prisoner to silence him.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:21 PM

11,755 posts, read 14,644,267 times
If they want to determine who made the call they would call the guy's attorney, who will undoubtedly say that he never did.

I think the show is telling us the truth, and that Cohle is still investigating. He feels bad that they didn't dig deeper back in 1995.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:55 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
This show is so good, its starting to make me angry LOL.

Mconaughey is crushing his role, possible Emmy award.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV