Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 04:22 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
While I am not one who cares to listen to people drone on and on about their religion, I can't say that Candace has gone overboard. I recall her mentioning in her original story and then a second time regarding the dance last night.

I thought she did very well in distinguishing between sensual and sexual and that was perfectly fine to me for her to make that divide, no matter what her reason.

Adding....if this show was all about dressing provocatively and dancing sexually then the female dancers would be required to dress the same. No one seems to care that Diana Nyad and Nene Leaks are covered up and not doing sexy dances.
What bothers me is the constant repitation. She's said it now be quiet. And she *picked* a rumba knowing its a sexual dance. If she was so prim and proper then pick another dance. It wasn't about the dress. It was about the way the dance seemed missing too much of the feeling. If she wants to profess her religion, I say go on some other show and talk all she wants. Maybe she can be kicked off eventually and go on Kimmell and tell how she was still pure.

To me the dance didn't really connect. She didn't have to wear something skimpy but at least do all of the dance. And leave religion somewhere else. I like that this show is about *free* expression, not that limited by labels. If I was a vegitarian, would I enter a steak cooking contest? A lot of the dances have sexual conitaions and is she going to 'delete' all of those? If she is, quit now. I watch to see good danceing. Sad she's good as a dancer but if she defines good and bad experesson she doesn't belong there.

The problem with some of the dances being sexual came up when they had the younger contestents. It just felt wrong with them, especially with an adult. I notice we've had no non adult contestents lately. If she really feels this way, she should have said no.

I normally don't vote but if she says one more thing, I'll start voting for everyone but her each time in hopes she and her smugness is gone sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 04:36 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
I don't think we're watching the same person. She has she given? Besides her bossy opinion? It's clearly her way of the high way.

I think a lot people think I'm saying "OMG SHE'S CHRISTIAN! I HATE HER!!!!!!!". I don't really care, but she's the one putting herself out there as this modesty lamb of God type, but being bossy and a hypocrite. Even though Amy is doing good, I don't care for her either. She always has a sob story. Yes, what happened to her is sad. Why is she doing a dance contest and then saying "My legs could fall off. My legs make noises. I'm scared/ect". Here's an idea: don't it. Look at Donny Osmond. I can't stand him. You never heard him say "I'm a MORMON! I'M MARRIED! I CAN'T DO THAT. KIM YOU CAN'T DO/WEAR THAT". He was a good sport about it. That's probably why him and his kin have had longer career than the Cameron clan...
We really don't know that Amy is whining though. All we see are the bits where she maybe is simply giving this information to her partner during their rehearsal because as her partner he would want to know how to handle her or maybe it's just a part she is explaining to the camera that is included in a longer interview. The editing is of this portion is being shown to us as chosen by the producers. There is probably a whole lot more they don't show.

Reality shows are heavily edited and we see only the portions the producers think the audience will take interest in. Each contestant has some sort of backstory that is played up that is supposed to make them watchable. That story is emphasized throughout the show. They probably don't always get a say in the matter.

What may look to someone as whining on Amy's part could very well be just a simple response to being questioned on the logistics of using her prosthetics but we the audience don't get to hear the question(s).

Old 03-25-2014, 04:48 PM

973 posts, read 1,452,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
What bothers me is the constant repitation. She's said it now be quiet. And she *picked* a rumba knowing its a sexual dance. If she was so prim and proper then pick another dance. It wasn't about the dress. It was about the way the dance seemed missing too much of the feeling. If she wants to profess her religion, I say go on some other show and talk all she wants. Maybe she can be kicked off eventually and go on Kimmell and tell how she was still pure.

To me the dance didn't really connect. She didn't have to wear something skimpy but at least do all of the dance. And leave religion somewhere else. I like that this show is about *free* expression, not that limited by labels. If I was a vegitarian, would I enter a steak cooking contest? A lot of the dances have sexual conitaions and is she going to 'delete' all of those? If she is, quit now. I watch to see good danceing. Sad she's good as a dancer but if she defines good and bad experesson she doesn't belong there.

The problem with some of the dances being sexual came up when they had the younger contestents. It just felt wrong with them, especially with an adult. I notice we've had no non adult contestents lately. If she really feels this way, she should have said no.

I normally don't vote but if she says one more thing, I'll start voting for everyone but her each time in hopes she and her smugness is gone sooner.
I have a feeling when the partner switch happens, she'll either be gone or taken down a peg. I can't imagine Maks or Derek putting up with that bs. Tony and Val aren't that good. So, she'll get worse routines.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:52 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,407,499 times
I think they should put CCB with Karina. Karina won't put up with that crap, and she likes to dance nekkid.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:09 PM

973 posts, read 1,452,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMNan View Post
I think they should put CCB with Karina. Karina won't put up with that crap, and she likes to dance nekkid.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:31 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times
Quote:

Like I said, I don't care for people droning on and on....however I don't consider twice to be constantly repeating it.

When they all chose their dances for this week it was before they had even met their dance partners, hadn't started any rehearsals and didn't fully understand what kind of dances they were choosing. Poor Drew said the Jive and had no clue it was nearly as fast and demanding as it turned out to be, he just thought it was a fun dance. Perhaps her thought of the Rumba was that it was a romantic dance, as she mentioned, and knew she didn't want it turned into a dance all about sex as it can be.

Rumbas can be beautiful, romantic and sensual without having to be dirty. I'd much rather watch the former rather than the latter on this show. But that's just me. I'll take my Dirty Dancing in that movie. :-)

Only because it was mentioned....The Taste just had a vegan as a competitor and she had to cook with things that were not vegan and could/would not taste her own dishes. She was out in episode 3.

Side note - Cody Simpson is only 17, so there is a teen on this show as well.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
We really don't know that Amy is whining though. All we see are the bits where she maybe is simply giving this information to her partner during their rehearsal because as her partner he would want to know how to handle her or maybe it's just a part she is explaining to the camera that is included in a longer interview. The editing is of this portion is being shown to us as chosen by the producers. There is probably a whole lot more they don't show.

Reality shows are heavily edited and we see only the portions the producers think the audience will take interest in. Each contestant has some sort of backstory that is played up that is supposed to make them watchable. That story is emphasized throughout the show. They probably don't always get a say in the matter.

What may look to someone as whining on Amy's part could very well be just a simple response to being questioned on the logistics of using her prosthetics but we the audience don't get to hear the question(s).
I found her presantation very good, and even moreso in that she is wearing artifical feet. Just imagine the encouragement it gives someone newly operated on, or newly injured and feeling their life is over. She is really doing something courageous, since some of these moves could make her fall or lose the connection. Sure they show her talking about the doubts and fears but then she does it anyway.

In no way is she to compare with Candice and her 'I'm too christan for that" attitude. She's hawking religion. Amy is showing others that there are no limits to what you can dream if you dare. Candice should think about that before she opens her mouth.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:16 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
I found her presantation very good, and even moreso in that she is wearing artifical feet. Just imagine the encouragement it gives someone newly operated on, or newly injured and feeling their life is over. She is really doing something courageous, since some of these moves could make her fall or lose the connection. Sure they show her talking about the doubts and fears but then she does it anyway.

In no way is she to compare with Candice and her 'I'm too christan for that" attitude. She's hawking religion. Amy is showing others that there are no limits to what you can dream if you dare. Candice should think about that before she opens her mouth.
I am just not paying much attention to Candace anyway. She isn't one of my favorites so I tend to zone out when she says something.

I think Amy is amazing. I would never have imagine the logistics or the difficulty of dancing on prosthetics. I actually find it interesting when she describes what it is like to dance on them. Like when she talked about how she couldn't feel the floor but had to use other instincts as to how to tell where her feet were and how to maintain her balance. Each time she talks about her situation, I have a bit more admiration for her and I find it fascination to learn how she does it.

I usually don't watch DWTS because there is too much talking for my taste and not enough dancing but this season they have so many people I like on the show I decided to watch. I am not disappointed so far. I just can't pick a favorite yet although Danica McKellan and Merle Davis are coming close. I like Drew Carey too. Ne Ne Leakes is fun to watch. Of course, I am also cheering for Amy.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:45 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
It's not overboard to tell her partner how to dress? You know, everyone would be up in arms in a pro (male or female) told a celebrity how to dress for the dance. I think if she's going to question every thing, it's hypocritical (and IMO annoying) for her to be there. What's her reason? Charity or greed? Probably greed. I'm just saying, she's not coming off as the good Christian lady she intended to.

this is also a little bit upsetting, because I want to see mark with no shirt on.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Like I said, I don't care for people droning on and on....however I don't consider twice to be constantly repeating it.

When they all chose their dances for this week it was before they had even met their dance partners, hadn't started any rehearsals and didn't fully understand what kind of dances they were choosing. Poor Drew said the Jive and had no clue it was nearly as fast and demanding as it turned out to be, he just thought it was a fun dance. Perhaps her thought of the Rumba was that it was a romantic dance, as she mentioned, and knew she didn't want it turned into a dance all about sex as it can be.

Rumbas can be beautiful, romantic and sensual without having to be dirty. I'd much rather watch the former rather than the latter on this show. But that's just me. I'll take my Dirty Dancing in that movie. :-)

Only because it was mentioned....The Taste just had a vegan as a competitor and she had to cook with things that were not vegan and could/would not taste her own dishes. She was out in episode 3.

Side note - Cody Simpson is only 17, so there is a teen on this show as well.
I can't believe that someone who wanted on the show and had been watching it would have not known what the rumba was about. I can believe that a fast dance doesn't look as fast and challenging as it looked, but the rumba has been done numerous times by many people, and she should have known. I'm not talking about 'dirty', but the gentle contact which has always been there. It looked very incomplete and half done. Done as others have it wasn't 'dirty' but a complete dance.

If she is not willing to do that then give someone else a chance on the show.

Seventeen isn't so bad, and not what I was thinking about. It was the fourteen year old girl. Bad bad bad. She may have been a disney ringer, but she was still way too young for the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV