Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 11:07 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times

Advertisements

Amazingly good show! The really neat thing was they all had to play a known character. This is shaping up as one of the best seasons yet, surprising after the last one. I loved the opening dance, and that the contestants dance in it too. It still lives on my dvr so I can watch it again.

The elimination was dissapointing. I think he should have stayed. But based on this week all of them need to win.

Wonderful working with the animation. Dancing with something you can’t see if a great challenge.

Drew and Cheryl were entertaining, and it was neat with the animation. Charlie was awesome. Danica and Val were awesome. Val in that blue outfit looked delicious. Amy and Derik was beautiful and much cudos to her. Cody and Whitnew was the best yet, Donnie’s comment true, thought, from the eyes of a performer. NeNe and Tony sold the character well and it was very enjoyable. One of the best contemperary dances from James and Pita they’ve had yet. And I love conempary. Meryle and Max were delightful. Candice and Mark worked. She should have let go before now.

I hope for more seasons as good to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 11:14 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Wrong star went home should have been one of the 2 women gone.

What is the stuff at beginning judges told Amy they couldn't treat or score her any differently than the others? Now tonight they give her a pass on the lifts "because of her circumstances".

This show is so bogus anymore it is taking away the entertainment value for me.
So agree, wrong person went home. Big shock to a lot of people.
Scores were so convoluted it was pitiful.
Are we going to see Max in bed with Meryl next week, such fawning.
Speaking of fawning, Bruno was in heaven tonight with his holding hands and crawling all over Donny, then his getting a 'huggy' from Max. He sure was beaming.
Erin looked hot to me. Carrie Ann did not.
I read somewhere last week that DWTS ratings are down about 50% from last season. Hmmm, wonder why.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:13 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I read somewhere last week that DWTS ratings are down about 50% from last season. Hmmm, wonder why.
Wow, that's surprising because I think this season is much better than last season. I think there's more talent, more diversity (Disney night was a good idea), and without Brooke, it's fun. I think Tom likes Erin better as he banters with her in a way he never did with Brooke. I hope the lower ratings isn't a death knell for the show...

Old 04-15-2014, 07:16 AM

973 posts, read 1,453,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Interesting how Candace's prudishness in dress and hip action went out the window when she was at the bottom of the leaderboard tonight.
I agree, but it was nice to see her stop whining.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Wrong star went home should have been one of the 2 women gone.

What is the stuff at beginning judges told Amy they couldn't treat or score her any differently than the others? Now tonight they give her a pass on the lifts "because of her circumstances".

This show is so bogus anymore it is taking away the entertainment value for me.
Honestly, Amy is really on my nervous. I thought she was going to chillax with the whole "I HAVE NO LEGS" shtick. I love how she highlighted her strong points, but then she reverted to her woe is me. Honey, there are people a lot worse off than you. I think some of the stars are seeing how they come off though, like Candace.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:24 AM

This week, I really like James and Danica. Everyone else was sort of meh. I don't care for most of the themes they do. I hope since they did this, we don't get a movies theme. I'm actually surprised they let James have a perfect score. He's deserved it, but they really try and under play him. I know a lot of people think she's the best, but I think this week showed how overrated Meryl is. I felt bad Cody went him. He's a lot better than Drew, NeNe, and Candace. I wonder if being a ABC kid is saving Candy. She isn't very good and I can't imagine she has legions of fans. I wonder if Cody going home was a slide of the hand. He solid scores and a big fan base...

Old 04-15-2014, 07:45 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Really enjoyed DWTS last night!!

The Disney theme was so beautiful. ALL of the dancers are so incredible!! Was not going to watch the show this season. So far the best DWTS ever!! IMHO

The dancers are all class acts; hate to see anyone leave; they are all winners!!

Old 04-15-2014, 09:10 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
Fun show! I enjoyed it quite a bit.

First though, my complaints:

Erin was making me so angry tonight with her bitchy comments and the way she was talking to people. What gives?

Cinderella wore a blue dress not pink. That drove me crazy!

The way Nene talked to her partner was ridiculous. Get over it. I honestly cannot stand her.

The judges keep talking about how they try to be fair in scoring when it comes to AMY, but frankly we all know that is wrong. First of all, I feel the smoke on the dance floor was their way of covering any of her mistakes with her feet (or lack of). You couldn't really see her steps. They kept talking it up in her before story about how she was frustrated with her steps and her movement.....than boom.... smoke! Cheating!!!!!

Candace was a great dancer in the beginning, I feel like she just isn't trying any more. What happened?

Now for the GOOD:

Danika as Belle was such a great decision. I enjoyed her dance the most. She is just so graceful when she dances. She has improved every day since day one.

I enjoyed Max and Meryls dance. I thought it was cute and quite entertaining.

While I cannot stand Nene, I thought this was her best dance of the night. She sold it! I can see why she stayed.

Drew Cary is just too darn adorable for his own good. he really lights up the dance floor and I enjoy watching him each week. He may not be the best dancer, but he has fun and he tries so hard. I like him. I want him to go far.

Charlie did a great job. Even his little cane mishap wasn't enough to ruin that dance for me. He is very talented.

That's really all I enjoyed from the night. I still adore Candace Cameron, but I hope she picks it up next week and dances like she did in the beginning. James was good in the beginning, but he has slipped a bit in my opinion. Didn't do much last night.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Fun show! I enjoyed it quite a bit.

First though, my complaints:

Erin was making me so angry tonight with her bitchy comments and the way she was talking to people. What gives?

Cinderella wore a blue dress not pink. That drove me crazy!

The way Nene talked to her partner was ridiculous. Get over it. I honestly cannot stand her.

The judges keep talking about how they try to be fair in scoring when it comes to AMY, but frankly we all know that is wrong. First of all, I feel the smoke on the dance floor was their way of covering any of her mistakes with her feet (or lack of). You couldn't really see her steps. They kept talking it up in her before story about how she was frustrated with her steps and her movement.....than boom.... smoke! Cheating!!!!!

Candace was a great dancer in the beginning, I feel like she just isn't trying any more. What happened?

Now for the GOOD:

Danika as Belle was such a great decision. I enjoyed her dance the most. She is just so graceful when she dances. She has improved every day since day one.

I enjoyed Max and Meryls dance. I thought it was cute and quite entertaining.

While I cannot stand Nene, I thought this was her best dance of the night. She sold it! I can see why she stayed.

Drew Cary is just too darn adorable for his own good. he really lights up the dance floor and I enjoy watching him each week. He may not be the best dancer, but he has fun and he tries so hard. I like him. I want him to go far.

Charlie did a great job. Even his little cane mishap wasn't enough to ruin that dance for me. He is very talented.

That's really all I enjoyed from the night. I still adore Candace Cameron, but I hope she picks it up next week and dances like she did in the beginning. James was good in the beginning, but he has slipped a bit in my opinion. Didn't do much last night.
To the bolded. Candace wasn't a good dancer. If you rewatch her routine, Mark dances around her a lot and she did a lot of contemporary styles. The first week she actually got contemporary.

Danica was so beautiful as Belle. Her dance was my favorite female dance.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
James didn't do much? Didn't he get 4 10's? 40 out of 40 points? I'd say that's doing something!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV