Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 03:58 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
Sauer isn't just Pierce's lover and confidant. His brother, Jimmy, had a previous relationship with Pierce that produced her 18-year-old daughter, Charly.

Sauer first met Pierce when he was 8 and she was 25. They reconnected at a party three years ago.

"After Charly was born I didn’t often see Jimmy, so we weren’t ever a couple," she said. “When I met Tony, he seemed very mature for his age and we just got on.”

In the early days of their courtship, Pierce recalled that she and her boyfriend were having sex "up to four times a day," according to Barcroft TV.
Wow. That relationship doesn't sound healthy at all.

Of course you give an 18 year old guy all the free sex he wants and he'll stay around. What else does he have going on. Is he in school, is he employed, does he have a future? It's sad that she believes this is the best she can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 10:26 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
I can't believe I missed "Donald's" story, but I just saw it. This was a 7-year journey, complicated by Guillain-Barre. He weighed almost 800 lbs at the beginning, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

It's the same old krap with some of these people. "I'll do anything " Until the surgery's approved. What a nightmare this case was: hospitalized for a year post-surgery, mom sneaking in pizza for him, insurance company wanted him moved to a lower level of care (nursing home) , family renovated the house and underwent training to care for him at home, instead, house full of overweight people, he drives, himself, to get fast food and junk, refused to begin walking....

He initially got down to 200+ lbs, then went up to 420, then rolled out of the room when Dr. N. expressed displeasure. He screamed at everyone, acting like a spoiled brat. He returned after losing 10 lbs, and the continues to work with him, but that 10 lbs came off after rigorous gym exercise. No one can maintain that strict exercise regimen, and his overeating hasn't been addressed.

What a waste of money, resources, and everyone's time over a seven-year span.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:09 PM

265 posts, read 404,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/29/charity-pierce-lose-weight-get-married_n_5228733.html]765-lb. Charity Pierce In A Race To Marry Young Lover[/url

Although she has reduced her daily caloric intake from 10,000 to 1,200, Pierce has only lost 22 pounds in the last few months. She believes gastric bypass surgery could help, but local doctors won't operate until she loses at least 200 pounds.
Yeah, right. I'm sure she went from 10,000 to 1,200 calories a day and lost 22 lbs.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:23 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
He initially got down to 200+ lbs, then went up to 420, then rolled out of the room when Dr. N. expressed displeasure. He screamed at everyone, acting like a spoiled brat. He returned after losing 10 lbs, and the continues to work with him, but that 10 lbs came off after rigorous gym exercise. No one can maintain that strict exercise regimen, and his overeating hasn't been addressed.

What a waste of money, resources, and everyone's time over a seven-year span.
A huge part of Donald's problem was his seriously codependent mother. When he got into the 200s, she told him he was looking too skinny.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:26 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,559,613 times
Last night was another young guy who looked like an older woman. This guy wore long hair and headbands and pony tails! And talked like a girl and wore pink! I think somebody got gender issues along with their weight issues... Also, another person with a fat family, his mom (who actually looked like a man!) was overweight, his grandma, RIP, who they showed before her sudden passing, was sitting around the whole time and looked to be at least 300 lbs. At least this guy wasn't in denial, when he wanted to give up, he said as much. It was too bad that he lost his grandma while trying to lose the weight. I really really hope he loses and what I hope more is that he loses the long hair and tries to look like a man.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:19 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
"Chay" was full of excuses. If I heard him say that food was his comfort one more time,.I would have hurled.

With counseling, he seemed to finally get on the right track instead of eating burgers and fries after the surgery, then telling Dr. N. he "didn't know" why he wasn't losing weight and insisting he was following the plan.

I did think it was borderline cruel for his aunt, uncle, and cousin to have ordered cheesecake for dessert, while he just drank water, though. I understand that he'll encounter these temptations and needs to learn to deal with them, but....come on. Give the kid a break until he at least drops a significant amount of weight.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:

I did think it was borderline cruel for his aunt, uncle, and cousin to have ordered cheesecake for dessert, while he just drank water, though. I understand that he'll encounter these temptations and needs to learn to deal with them, but....come on. Give the kid a break until he at least drops a significant amount of weight.
Totally agree with this. I felt his pain through the TV, as I have given up dessert for a time right now, and I wanted that dang cheesecake!!! I think him saying, "this water is sooo good" was one of the most positive things about the episode!!

Old 04-06-2015, 01:21 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,989,065 times
Quote:
I thought so, too. I don't know how they could even claim to be supportive while doing something like that. None of them appeared to be in prime shape either, for that matter. I thought it was mean.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:14 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,763,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Last night was another young guy who looked like an older woman. This guy wore long hair and headbands and pony tails! And talked like a girl and wore pink! I think somebody got gender issues along with their weight issues... Also, another person with a fat family, his mom (who actually looked like a man!) was overweight, his grandma, RIP, who they showed before her sudden passing, was sitting around the whole time and looked to be at least 300 lbs. At least this guy wasn't in denial, when he wanted to give up, he said as much. It was too bad that he lost his grandma while trying to lose the weight. I really really hope he loses and what I hope more is that he loses the long hair and tries to look like a man.
Why does he need to "look like a man"? Perhaps he's already "manly" enough and enjoys having long hair, ponytails and wearing pink? And perhaps he is transgendered- does that make a difference to you? If so, why?

Re: his mother; she was a lesbian. She mentioned her partner and they were shown together at the grandmother's funeral.

Sheesh.
Quote:
"Chay" was full of excuses. If I heard him say that food was his comfort one more time,.I would have hurled.

With counseling, he seemed to finally get on the right track instead of eating burgers and fries after the surgery, then telling Dr. N. he "didn't know" why he wasn't losing weight and insisting he was following the plan.

Speaking from first hand knowledge... the temptation is always there; pre or post op. It's during the pre-op phase where you trying to "retrain" yourself. I don't expect anyone one I'm enjoying a meal with to eat differently just because of me. You want cheesecake, you go right ahead. I'll sit here and watch you eat it.

Last edited by charmed hour; 04-06-2015 at 02:29 PM..

Old 04-06-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
Why does he need to "look like a man"? Perhaps he's already "manly" enough and enjoys having long hair, ponytails and wearing pink? And perhaps he is transgendered- does that make a difference to you? If so, why?

Re: his mother; she was a lesbian. She mentioned her partner and they were shown together at the grandmother's funeral.

Sheesh.

Cuz he's a man. If he was transgendered, they didn't mention that and no, doesn't make a difference to me. But that would explain why he looks like a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV