U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 10:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,250 times
Talking Ghosts Hunters on The Sci-Fi Channel

I watch Ghosts Hunters and I love the show. What is really interesting about TAPS is that they go into an investigation an try to disprove an haunting and try to bring science into the equasion. If you like or dislike Ghosts Hunters, please be free to post your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 08:08 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,518,994 times
I used to watch this show on a recommendation from a co-worker but lost interest in it. I loved "A Haunting" but Discovery seems intent to keep changing the airtimes/dates and not telling anyone so I've lost interest in that show as well. Some of these stories just seem too unbelievable to be true. I don't know though.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:28 AM

1,869 posts, read 3,997,810 times
Default Great show!

I think its a great show! I try to watch every episode. Do you know when the new season begins? I hope soon. Sometimes its a downer when they dont find anything, but it's not like hauntings happend every day & night. Its hit & miss, sometimes they catch great footage & audio, other times nothing!

Old 12-03-2007, 07:39 PM

139 posts, read 618,012 times
Awesome show.i like it a lot.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:44 PM

1,117 posts, read 3,157,022 times
I like the show, it is usually interesting. My favorite is Friday at 10 p.m. on the Travel Channel: "Most Haunted." I also like Lisa Williams - also on Friday nights, on Lifetime @ 9 p.m. Guess you can tell what I usually do on Friday nights!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:59 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,903,892 times
ghost hunters was more interesting when they had tango and brian working together----used to crack me up when every sound startled them or sent them running out-----like seeing jason get the worried look when he can't explain something right away

Old 05-03-2008, 01:11 AM

81 posts, read 126,207 times
Ghost Hunters is probably my favorite show when it comes to ghosty stuff, but a couple things do bug me about it...

Stop with the day job plumbing crap, even if they started as plumbers they certainly don't have to do it now.

One minute they will admit after not finding much... "Well, you can't just turn on paranormal activity whenever you want" which is true, but then they'll go do an investigation in a location that has been documented as haunted for many years, and then because they find almost nothing in a 9 hour investigation they'll tell the owners that they don't feel the place is haunted. You could sleep at the Mrytles Mansion for many nights or more and not experience anything unusual, or, experience something right away.

I've talked to the workers and staff at the Whaley House in San Diego, one of the few places that has been dubbed 'Officially Haunted' by the state of Ca, and they say days, or weeks can go by before anything out of the ordinary happens, but they will say, when something does happen, you'll know it! So, it's all the the timing, and a some luck to be there just at the right time.

Personally, I can't take the "Most Haunted" show much anymore. Just because Derek or someone else goes in spastic contortions spewing obscenities in someone else's voice is a bit over the top for me, and certainly isn't good evidence of anything, except maybe good (bad) acting, and when 5 people have there fingers on a glass "Moving on it's own" on a table top doesn't do it for me either. Show us the glass moving without 5 people having there hands on it and I'll appreciate it a lot more.

I don't mean to knock TAPS, I really do like their debunking approach, and I bet that's one of the reasons why the show is so popular. Not to mention that some of the best footage I've seen, like the Crescent Hotel apparition video, and the St. Augustine Lighthouse episode, just to name a couple. Don't see stuff like that on Most Haunted, that's for sure.

Last edited by Saugus18; 05-03-2008 at 01:26 AM..

Old 05-03-2008, 04:19 PM

12,808 posts, read 8,012,461 times
I like it. Watch it every week. I believe the new season starts on the last wednesday of may.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:14 PM

166 posts, read 466,999 times
I love Ghost Hunters, although I have to admit that the formula is getting kind of old and I really didn't pay too much attention to the last season. Also, having to sit through the Sci-Fi Channel's 20 minutes or so of commercials is annoying. My favourite episodes are the ones where they catch really creepy EVPs.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:22 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,369,470 times
It's a favorite at our house!

I especially loved the one at the hotel where Steven King wrote "The Shining"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV