Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 07:41 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,058,216 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if they are filming season 3 yet or are they still waiting until June? Did the Maryland thing about the tax get settled ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 09:19 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,981,246 times
Ok. My jaw just dropped.
Season 2 episode 10 I think....when Frank is helping the secret service guy and his wound..
Wow!!!! Just WOW!!!!!!
I know I'm way late to the party

Old 07-10-2014, 03:40 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,375,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantamount View Post
You summed this up really well! I also had a bit of an issue with Walker just accepting the impeachment issue and giving Frank back his letter (he could've saved it for evidence later!). I guess Walker's character had enough and just wanted it over so he could heal his marriage. Seems a bit lame, but every thing else was so exciting that I'll just let that one slide. LOL!
Frank didn't open the envelope before he tossed in in to the fireplace so maybe Walker only gave him the BS letter and kept the confession to use later. Knowing that his presidency was over he opts to resign, let Underwood become president and then use the confession to get him impeached. That would mean the Speaker of the House would become the next president.

I just watched both seasons over the past couple of weeks and one thing that stuck me is that I can't imagine what it must be like to have such an all consuming lust for power. It's too much work in my opinion.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:00 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post

I just watched both seasons over the past couple of weeks and one thing that stuck me is that I can't imagine what it must be like to have such an all consuming lust for power. It's too much work in my opinion.
I remember watching and thinking that I could never be a politician. It looks freaking exhausting.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:44 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Ok. My jaw just dropped.
Season 2 episode 10 I think....when Frank is helping the secret service guy and his wound..
Wow!!!! Just WOW!!!!!!
I know I'm way late to the party
I almost quit watching. That was TOO FREAKING WEIRD!

Old 07-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I almost quit watching. That was TOO FREAKING WEIRD!
Yeah, that was one part of the series I could do without. Unfortunately, if I stopped watching shows, series or movies due to sexual liaisons I have no interest in witnessing, it would mean not watching most of my favorites shows. It is like they feel the need to include those kind of things to be hip....... (you can tell my age from that expression).

Old 08-11-2014, 01:39 AM

24 posts, read 35,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Yeah, that was one part of the series I could do without. Unfortunately, if I stopped watching shows, series or movies due to sexual liaisons I have no interest in witnessing, it would mean not watching most of my favorites shows. It is like they feel the need to include those kind of things to be hip....... (you can tell my age from that expression).
Hmm, I'm guessing you guys never saw the original 'House of Cards'...?
Much more 'kinky' than the US counterpart. Leather pants and all that.

And, anyways, it didn't feel gratuitous to me.
In fact, it was kinda **** truth be told. ha hah ha.
But, it serves the function of highlighting Frank's compartmentalized psyche.
The public from the private and anyways, anyone who couldn't read Season 1 Ep. 4...?

Well...my goodness gracious, what a stir!...Wow, Granny will never be the same after that...I tell ya!

Old 08-14-2014, 12:23 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
I just finished watching both seasons! I love that Stamper is dead and Rachel is on the run.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Since it appears Rebecca killed Doug Stamper I wonder who Frank will use as Chief of Staff now. In the first season Remy Danton worked for Frank but resigned. Season 2 he is working both Tusk and Frank and sleeping with Jackie. It makes one wonder if all lobbyist are like that.

Frank will have to get a slime ball to replace his "Cleaner Doug Stamper."
The Secret Service guy will be the one they have do dirty work and killings behind the scenes. My bet is Jackie will be Chief of Staff and she'll push through that military rape bill to get the position. Claire is another potential Chief of Staff. She pretty much serves that position in his life anyway.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
Frank didn't open the envelope before he tossed in in to the fireplace so maybe Walker only gave him the BS letter and kept the confession to use later. Knowing that his presidency was over he opts to resign, let Underwood become president and then use the confession to get him impeached. That would mean the Speaker of the House would become the next president.
I was thinking the same thing at first. I felt he should have opened the envelope before putting it into the fire. The reality is that Walker couldn't have taken that risk of Frank potentially opening it or not tossing it into the fire because Walker needs Frank to pardon him if criminal charges are brought against him. . If he produces that letter next season, I'll scream UNBELIEVABLE storyline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV