Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 04:14 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Okay, I'm reading a lot of hate here for Fallon because he doesn't do things like Carson, Leno, Kimmel, etc.....
I don't dislike the show because he's not Leno, Carson, etc, it's just that I don't like the material I've seen so far; what stuff I've seen isn't funny to my tastes nor did I find the show entertaining.

The "Eww" skit with Will Ferrell (and Mrs. Obama) was just gag-worthy; maybe some people like this sort of "humor" but to me that skit strains so hard, reaches so far for some comic vein, that I just can't tolerate enduring the annoying noise of it all to reach some hoped for comedic payoff. There really was no belly laugh at the end of the skit, just a merciful ending....so in my case they missed the mark and lost me as a viewer. Maybe this is what they call "comedy of the absurd" and if that's what this is then I'll pass on it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 05:16 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
That was just one out of many skits. Not every one is going to be a blast. I'm sure even Carson had his duds.

Overall, I think Fallon and his team is very entertaining.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:26 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
I admit I was a huge Carson fan so, to me, none of the late night comedians will rise to that level but I think Fallon is very talented. He's doing well and will have a big following, especially the younger crowd. I appreciate some of his gags. Others I find stupid but he did have me laughing pretty good tonight when he and Tina Fey did a skit where the camera changed out their mouths and they each spoke (and sang) for the other. You'd have to see it to know what I mean but it was pretty good. I wish him the best in NY.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:56 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Good God! I had the TV on NBC when Fallon's preview of last night's show came on. He was thrashing around like a mad dog in the midst of a rabies attack. Screaming and squalling and carrying on like an idiot.

I couldn't switch channels quickly enough.

He won't last. Nobody, absolutely nobody wants to see that crap late at night.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:35 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Good God! I had the TV on NBC when Fallon's preview of last night's show came on. He was thrashing around like a mad dog in the midst of a rabies attack. Screaming and squalling and carrying on like an idiot.

That's only your opinion. He will last. Which is my opinion.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:44 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
He will last.....but NBC will no longer have the highest ratings in that time slot.

I will take a guess that they have lost that to Jimmy Kimmel and ABC.....time will tell.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:15 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That's only your opinion. He will last. Which is my opinion.
Do you seriously expect people to add "IMO" after every post they make?

Damn!

Of course it's my opinion. I'm the one who wrote it. I thought that was obvious. Guess not!

Old 03-05-2014, 07:50 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

you know, I turned on Conan for a bit during his monologue a few nights ago and he was jogging in place between jokes. Literally.

Jogging in place.

I don't know what it is with some of these new guys but it's almost like they are hopped up on caffeine or uppers when they do their acts.

They're like 4 years olds at the dinner table who can't keep still.

Like I said before, Kimmel is the most normal of them all. Normal monologue, without gyrations, normal interviewing, etc. I dnon't like how he took sides during the conan/leno thing but my god, it's mostly late night for adults.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:12 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Everything about him screams "i'm 12" His face expressions, his body language, his jokes and it's hard taking him seriously as a grown man. There is nothing manly about him at all which is one of the main reasons I can't stand looking at him

Old 03-05-2014, 08:14 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitnmiss View Post
Nope. Jimmy takes over the whole show. It's a talk show for goodness sake! He interrupts the guests and talks over them even in the middle of a story they're telling. This is not hosting a show. It's saying look at me! Aren't I fabulous! I wonder how long guests will put up with the disrespect. Jimmy is just too immature to let it be about the guest.

I agree, hard to believe he is 39
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV