Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 11:25 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,592,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
One thing (among many) that I wondered was why Jacob never changed out of his red shirt. He was wearing it when he woke up in the rice paddy, when he had the seizure, when he was in the hospital, when he went to church, etc. Did any of you notice that?

I read some reviews of this show on another site and someone there pointed out that Bruce Willis (who, as it turned out, was dead) never changed out of his clothes in The Sixth Sense.
I mentioned to my husband a connection to Sixth Sense as well, but mine was that Jacob was wearing the red shirt while everyone around him in China was in drab clothing.

At some point after that movie M. Night Shymalan discussed the visual cues he had in the movie which included the rare use of the color red. It signified whenever there was a dead person in the scene.

The second guy who returned from the dead was wearing a red hat.

Can't say I saw any other red....but wasn't really looking for it and haven't gone back to watch it a second time to see if that's the case.

In the movie the clothes for Bruce Willis' character is much more subtle because he was wearing many pieces of clothing to begin with so each time there was a different combination worn it didn't scream that it was the same clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 01:39 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,269,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, yes, you are certainly allowed your opionion....but they've gotta create all these gimmicks to keep the story going...otherwise the writters would run out of new ideas to take off on. For instance, the last two episodes of Walking Dead were not that good....just kind of fill ins...

and for me, I do so love sci fi....

but I wouldn't be so quick to label these gimmicks as you call them to lure in unintelligent low life audieances...for instance, take those professional movie critiques....I used to listen to them and not go to movies they didn't like, well, let me tell you, when I finally viewed the movie, I thought, "What could they be thinking"? I loved the movie....it is all about what your likes and dislikes are...doesn't make you less intelligent...

sorry, but that is my opinion, hope you don't mind.
I love sci-fi too. Sci fi is not the same as supernatural fantasy. There is a big difference.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:18 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,156,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Maybe it has something to do with when we were kids we were told if we dug straight down, we would dig to China? lol/
That crossed my mind too! That maybe wherever he woke up was the sister city of/direct opposite side of the globe from Arcadia, Missouri.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:52 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,115,771 times
I remember being out in the yard when I was a little kid with my pail and shovel and digging down to China! I really thought I could make it.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:28 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,675,849 times
I agree with DC in that the sheriff seems off and that when he first hung up on Agent Bellamy I did not like him.

I am interested in how Elaine's father is going to act in contrast to Jacob. For one thing he is an adult but also for the fact that he will surely have to talk a little more. Jacob seems to be of few words and acts strange. Plus Jacob is very clean and well kept whereas this guy looks like a homeless drifter almost. But that could be because he had to hitch his way from Hungary or somewhere.

Will they exhume Jacob's corpse to be sure he is in there? To match his DNA? It may seem macabre but it's the only way to be sure.

Looking forward to when/if the Sheriff's wife comes back and to find out whatever became of her lover.

Also, word of his return should be getting out now and Arcadia should realistically become a media circus.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:29 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,115,771 times
The new commercial makes me wonder why "they" seem to be portraying the "un-dead" dad as a bad character. That's the impression I am left with every time I see the commercial.

Why does the Agent who brought Jacob to town look to be in trouble?

Who is sheriff Fred going after?

"There are more coming than you ever thought of." Hello..... how many people were actually thinking of dead people arriving on the doorsteps??

I hope tomorrow's show answers some questions instead of just adding more like LOST did.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:32 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,223,934 times
I just re-watched the first episode on the net. When the Sheriff was drinking at his wife's gravesite, he angryly smashed the alcohol bottle on the baby part on the mother-holding-baby tombstone. That could mean something too.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:13 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,260,287 times
I liked it a lot. I just watched it for the second time a little while ago. Got my SO to watch it with me so we can watch it together. He liked it as well.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:28 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,622,303 times
I just saw the commercial for tomorrow's show. It shows Elaine asking hoodie guy, "are you really my Dad?" Instead of sweeping her up with the required hug and kiss session, he answers, "who else would I be?"

That sounds ominous. I don't like people who don't just answer the damned question.

And yeah, it shows someone doing a beat down on Agt. Belamy.

I just know they're going to ruin it. Maybe I should stop watching now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I just re-watched the first episode on the net. When the Sheriff was drinking at his wife's gravesite, he angryly smashed the alcohol bottle on the baby part on the mother-holding-baby tombstone. That could mean something too.
I'm absolutely convinced Maggie is not his daughter. That's why he killed his wife. She got pg by the lover in the piano picture and he killed her for it.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:33 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,675,849 times
Weird. I got the impression it was the lover that killed her because he was there and the sheriff wasn't and seemed genuinely surprised to find out about it. It seemed the lover tried to ONLY save Jacob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV