Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 10:12 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

This new hour show on the Sundance Channel is supposed to premiere February 27 so I was really surprised when I got to see the first episode last night (Feb 21) On Demand when I was looking for something to watch. It's really, really good and I'm looking forward to the show. Here a description of it from the IMDb. I won't give anything else away since it hasn't actually premiered yet. They are running ads for it on the Sundance Channel:

"Revolves around a sheriff struggling to keep his family together while simultaneously policing two clashing communities: the small town where he grew up and the neighboring Ramapo Mountains, home of the Ramapo Mountain Indians. After a terrible tragedy and coverup occurs involving the sheriff's wife, an unholy alliance is forged between the sheriff and a dangerous member of the tribe that will come back to haunt all involved."

The Red Road (TV Series 2014

As far as the actors go, I only recognized two of the women in it: Julianne Nicholson from Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Tamara Tunie from Law & Order: SVU. But, if you have On Demand, you can check it out now. I don't know if it is a mistake that it's up there before the premiere but it's definitely worth a look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 11:01 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
I have On Demand but have never seen Sundance on any of the On Demand channels?
I've been seeing the ads and wondered if the on big brawny guy was Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones and going to IMBD confirmed it, that was pretty much my only curiousity but
I'll give it a go.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I have On Demand but have never seen Sundance on any of the On Demand channels?
I've been seeing the ads and wondered if the on big brawny guy was Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones and going to IMBD confirmed it, that was pretty much my only curiousity but
I'll give it a go.
From the main Xfinity On Demand menu:

TV Shows then TV Networks then SundanceTV (the networks are listed aphabetically) then The Red Road.

I missed The Returned and I was hoping I could still find it but no such luck.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:53 AM

277 posts, read 506,527 times
I'm looking forward to Red Road. It looks really really interesting. I never watched it before but hoping it will be a treat.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:30 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Definitely interested, but I don't have the Sundance channel.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:55 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
I have Time Warner Cable, have no idea what xfinity is

Old 02-22-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I have Time Warner Cable, have no idea what xfinity is
Fancy schmancy brand name for Comcast cable. One bought out the other recently, so who knows what will be what in 6 months?

Old 02-22-2014, 02:44 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
I don't have The Sundance Channel but my cable company has it on On Demand. I just watched the pilot episode.
I live fairly close to New Jersey, I might be mistaken, but I find it hard to believe that there are Native American tribes in northern New Jersey.
I have never seen the 2 male lead actors.
Along with Julianne Nicholson and Tamara Tunie, Tom Sizemore is a fairly well known actor.
For those of you who watched "The Lying Game" on the Family Channel, you will recognize Allie Gonino. She plays Rachel, the rebellious teenaged daughter of the cop and his "crazy" wife played by Nicholson.

If you haven't seen the pilot yet - then don't read any further.

As far as the episode went, it appeared to be rather slow - somewhat like "The Killing" on AMC.
There is a dead male body in the pond - probably the missing runaway - or whatever he was.
The "crazy" wife MAY have killed a pedestrian when she was looking for her daughter.

If anyone else can tell me more about the plot of this show, maybe you can let me know.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I live fairly close to New Jersey, I might be mistaken, but I find it hard to believe that there are Native American tribes in northern New Jersey.
I've never been there myself, but according to Native Americans in New Jersey | NJ.com , there are:

"... three state-recognized tribes: the Ramapough Lenape Indian Nation in north Jersey, the Naticoke Lenni-Lenape of south Jersey, and the Powhatan Renape Tribe of Burlington County, as well as members of other indigenous groups now resident in the state."

Old 02-22-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I don't have The Sundance Channel but my cable company has it on On Demand. I just watched the pilot episode.
I have never seen the 2 male lead actors.
Along with Julianne Nicholson and Tamara Tunie, Tom Sizemore is a fairly well known actor.
For those of you who watched "The Lying Game" on the Family Channel, you will recognize Allie Gonino. She plays Rachel, the rebellious teenaged daughter of the cop and his "crazy" wife played by Nicholson.

I forgot about Sizemore. His appearance in the episode is rather small. Maybe he appears more in future episodes. One of the two male leads is Australian but he doesn't sound like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV