Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 08:21 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

She asked again after the home town date. And when I told her the speculation was that she picked Josh - she was really shocked as she felt Andi didn't realize the family commitment to going to games every weekend and said Andi even asked Josh's mom " You go every weekend?"
I missed this part. Aaron Murray is currently the 3rd or 4th string quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs & the Chiefs starting quarterback had his best year ever last year, so it's unlikely Aaron Murray will play at all this season. Did his family say they're still going to all of his future games? They'll likely have to fly all around the country to see NFL games to see him sit on the bench whereas when he played in Georgia, Aaron was the star. Plus most of the college games were within driving distance.

Also, a reminder of how much success previous couples have had since the show ended.
How Many Bachelor and Bachelorette Couples Actually Make It? | The Bachelor | Wetpaint
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 08:25 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
While I agree, you have to take into consideration that people still have feelings regardless and when you invest time and emotions into getting to know someone (and are intimate with them), those feelings don't simply disappear immediately. In addition, by Andi dismissing Nick's requests to talk after the fact, it probably added more fuel to how Nick felt and his quest for at least some resolution. You also have to take into consideration that Andi pretty much confirmed to Nick on their last date that everything was fine, so that is the feeling that he left the date with.
Sure everyone has feelings, that is why most people who get sent home have tears coming down. But Nick took it to another level, he even had his mother talking about his pain!!! Perhaps he never should have signed up for the show.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:43 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I have a hard time seeing an assistant District Attorney who probably wants to be elected publicly as District Attorney, jetting off to Kansas City or to other cities to watch little brother-in-law play quarterback every Sunday, and living in a totally Aaron Murray dominated household. I think Josh's little brother's importance in the family will overshadow Andi, and she will not like being second fiddle. She probably won't like the fact that Aaron will be making boatloads of money and Josh won't be. I'd say when football season begins in September, Andi may start having second thoughts. Her famous "pout" might get a workout.
I don't know...I live in Kansas City and I was talking to my husband about this. I watch football, but don't pay attention to every detail like he does. He said he doubts the Chiefs will even play Aaron Murray that much; he says the Chiefs NEVER play their drafts much. He thinks he will be around a little while, not play a lot, and be gone. So not sure it will be an issue with Josh and Andi.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:25 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,815 times
If Josh was "the one" from the first moment she saw him, I wonder why Nick was given the first impression rose?

Old 07-30-2014, 06:52 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Another Nick interview with Billy Bush after, after the final rose.

Nick Viall's 'Bachelorette' Bombshell: Would He Take It Back? | Access Hollywood

I know KC won't play Aaron much. I know the sport, the draftees, and their chances of making the team. I doubt he'll be cut during pre-season, but even if Aaron stays on for one or two years, just warming the bench, you can bet his dad will be flying out to the venues where he plays, if for no other reason than to hob nob with the big-wigs in the Sky Boxes where I'm sure he'll be sitting and say, "That's my kid". Andi who? You know Josh will be drawn into this Aaron-mania, too, and Andi will take a back seat to Aaron, and possibly even Josh and his dad. To me, that doesn't bode well for any relationship unless the person coming into it is really confident in herself, and doesn't mind another family member getting all the attention.

Last edited by Marcy1210; 07-30-2014 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 07-30-2014, 07:21 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I bet Andi is SOOOO glad she didn't pick Nick.

But I wonder if Nick's point in saying that was to try to undermine Andi and Josh's relationship? I mean if Josh didn't know she slept with Nick, I can see there being some tense discussions about that. Maybe Nick was hoping to rock the boat a little.

I really don't understand having sex in the Fantasy Suite, though. I mean, if you have sex with one person then you are skewing your feelings in their favor. And it's kind of gross to think of having sex with all of them just to try them out or whatever. Any time I have ever been in love I didn't want anyone else touching me, period.
I find the fantasy suite creepy. So you have these two guys or two women, and you get to 'try them out' offically before deciding if you want to pop the question. So you check out number one, and then check out number two. Sure, people sleep with those they don't have a major relationship with, but they both choose to, not a 'trial run'.

There is a reason that so few relationships and marriages have resulted with this game.

I too only watched the last show. Train wreaks have a curious fascination I guess.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:25 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I missed this part. Aaron Murray is currently the 3rd or 4th string quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs & the Chiefs starting quarterback had his best year ever last year, so it's unlikely Aaron Murray will play at all this season. Did his family say they're still going to all of his future games? They'll likely have to fly all around the country to see NFL games to see him sit on the bench whereas when he played in Georgia, Aaron was the star. Plus most of the college games were within driving distance.

Also, a reminder of how much success previous couples have had since the show ended.
How Many Bachelor and Bachelorette Couples Actually Make It? | The Bachelor |
Wetpaint
While it's questionable whether Aaron Murray will play during the regular season, he will definitely, barring injury, play in the preseason, which will start in just over a week. I'm sure Josh and his family will be there for that. This will be the first true test in The Bachelorette's new relationship. If Aaron has a good preseason showing, there's no reason he can't solidify himself as the backup quarterback for the Chiefs. The starter for the Chiefs, Alex Smith, is injury prone, so the backup could see the field this season. Most QBs selected in the 5th round or later don't do much, if anything, in the NFL, but there are exceptions like Tom Brady.

I imagine Josh will want to be there for every moment to live vicariously through his brother since his major league dreams didn't pan out. He does seem kind of brotastic and I can see him wanting to hang out with Aaron and other players and live the NFL dream. Andi won't like this one bit and grumpy cat will be in full effect if she has to accompany Josh to all of these games and be virtually ignored. Of course, if she can stay at home and pursue her DA gig or a career in the entertainment field, it could work out. It just seems like that's not an option with the Murray family. Andi is expected to attend all the games in case Wonder Boy ever gets off the pine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I'm still convinced the producers put Nick up to saying that he and Andi made love at the ATFR show. I honestly don't think Nick is that low. I was pretty sure from the beginning that Nick was going to be the foil for Andi and Josh. Nick was used by the producers to the point that he actually began to fall for Andi. I've read from other bachelor contestants that when you're holed up in the mansion or hotels with no contact with the outside world, you live, breathe, think, and bleed ways to make the lead fall for you. It's all consuming, and it amplifies any minor feelings that might exist making them over the top. Then, when the final one is chosen, they are given a "safe house" and flown from their respective hometowns to the safe house for long weekends every month until the ATFR episode when they can go public. Many have said that the sneakiness only added to the excitement of their feelings, and it is a huge let down when they are public and the spotlight is off of them. Reality sets in, and they find out they're not as into each other as they thought when the heady days of filming in exotic places, and sneaking off to a safe house is over.
I agree with this. I think Nick is kind of a fancy boy, but I don't think he's a low life. I watch anything that happens on this show with a great deal of skepticism and conspiracy theories. The viewing audience has no clue what the producers promised Nick for revealing their bedroom shenanigans. They might have been dangling the next Bachelor gig in front of him or maybe they had another financial deal worked out. Fleiss has his hand in everything on this show. I believe the drama is planned and lines are provided, so I take what Nick or anyone has said with a grain of salt.

The producers do an amazing job of creating this love facade fairytale and are successful in convincing suitors of their love for the lead. But in the real world, with competing interests other than love, these guys probably wouldn't fall for Andi so hard. It's these fictitious scenarios and the thrill of the competition that force the love. I'm not saying real love can't come from the show, but it has to occur afterwards away from the cameras and spotlight. Otherwise it's manufactured and contrived and a recipe for relationship failure if there's nothing else than what occurred on the show.

Last edited by maniac77; 07-30-2014 at 08:24 PM..

Old 07-31-2014, 03:39 AM

11,784 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Totally agree man - these shows have so many people believing they're seeing everything first hand and they buy into this - my mom included. Can't tell you how many times I have to tell my mom that much is scripted or edited to get the conclusions the producers want. She'll be all excited about a preview of next week's show and even though I've explained the editing and the fact the preview looks like one thing but is actually another - it doesn't sink in.

I think there have probably been more hook ups outside the show than on the show. It seems once these Bachelors and Bachelorettes mingle at these meet and greets - they find a common interest and start to hook up.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:03 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
It may have been the moment but it was definitely a very low moment and for a guy like Nick that wasn't really liked by any of the men it seems to fit how they thought about Nick.

How would people have reacted if this was a women who had stated this?

I was disgusted that an adult needs to put this out on National TV and to me even if it wasn't intentional I have less respect for Nick after that.

If it was a bachelor and a woman most people would say he tested the goods and it wasn't that good...not it is he other way around and Andi discovered the chemistry wasn't as much as with Josh which I noticed from the beginning but I always keep in the back of my mind that we are watching the edited version so we can be misled but it seems the editing didn't change how I saw them and often people who are experiencing it see it different than other can see from the outside in.

How can all these men be wrong ....and than to end it like Nick himself end it on the couch with his statement that shows the men were right!

Old 08-05-2014, 05:53 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,806 times
No way did Nick have to make that statement in public. He didn't just forget where he was and it came out. It was very deliberate and self centered. He had to have "closure" so badly he didn't care if he humiliated her. There was always a weird vibe about Nick, something insincere about him. Maybe it's all about the chase for him and Andi knocked the wind out of his sails when she picked Josh. Nick seemed to think Andi picking him was a done deal.

Guys are generally pretty cool with each other...if Nick didn't fit in there was probably a very good reason why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV