Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 02:14 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times

Advertisements

hopefully it wont be g&y this time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 03:10 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times
the show wasn't as bad as people wanna make it out to be

I watched when it aired and then waited over a year or do after the series was over

everyone says s1 is the best but I say if you go back and watch s1 now it lacks rewatchability

I actually thought s2 (the short season)
had the most rewatchability

the later seasons weren't phenomenal but are very watchable

they are doing this because this type of show can have unlimited options for writing. that and its a fact that there are no new ideas

24 will be the only successful returning show because of the fans, heroes doesn't have that kind of a fanbase nor was it missed after it went off air

Old 02-25-2014, 12:12 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,376 times
That's because so many of us thought the show jumped the shark after season 1. I watched till the very end. It used to be the hotbed of discussion on this board but vanished to nothing by the time season 4 hit the airwaves. Could it have been better? Definitely. But I agree it wasn't as bad as many think

Old 02-25-2014, 01:35 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
That show started out so great and then (cough) petered out. I am not optimistic about another try.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:04 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
I would give it a look, but agree with others that say it kind of lost it's way after a season or two. Major bad guy, Skylar, Zackery Quinto< or did he go good, I can't really remember that far back, but, I don't see him returning to the show now that he's big movie actor, you know, he's Spock in the Star Trek series. But then again, I haven't seen him doing much else besides that gig of late. The other bad guy is on that abc fairytale series Once Upon A Time?

Pause

Ok did a little looking around, seems there will be a new cast with some of the old members returning in cameos.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:59 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Let's face it, NBC is run by a bunch of hacks who clearly have no idea what they are doing.... clearly! If the whole Leno/Conan debacle didn't prove that, nothing will.

I loved this show when it was first on the air. It was a good show imo, and why it was ever canceled I'll never know. I think NBC cancels good/decent performing shows to try "new things"... Just like when they canceled "Harry's Law" when it was their #1 show.

Frankly, it's been so long since this show was on the air that I can't even remember where they left off, so depending on what day and time it airs, I probably won't be watching. It's a shame they didn't give it a proper ending sooner.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:09 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
NBC president Jennifer Salke. “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment

That isn't how anyone with a brain would run a network. You don't introduce a new show, build a fanbase for four years, then put the show on hold until you "decide it's time for another installment" four years later.

That's one of the biggest reasons I'm hesitant to pick up any new show on NBC.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:06 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
HEREOS was one of those shows that had great potential but never lived up to it. Season 1 was good. After that, it ranged wildly from not very good to downright bad. With the same showrunner in charge, I don't hold out much hope this will be any good at all.

Heroes really DID have potential, which is why it was so frustrating to watch it become not-so-great.

As the show went on, it became way too muddled. Characters were constantly being added and randomly taken away. I don't think that makes a show very engaging. Their original premise (eclipse, anyone?) started to mix with other things. I think the writers were confusing themselves eventually.

I would definitely check it out if the reboot does happen.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:57 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Heroes really DID have potential, which is why it was so frustrating to watch it become not-so-great.

As the show went on, it became way too muddled. Characters were constantly being added and randomly taken away. I don't think that makes a show very engaging. Their original premise (eclipse, anyone?) started to mix with other things. I think the writers were confusing themselves eventually.
It seemed pretty obvious to me that the creators had a story mapped out for Season 1, then when Season 1 ended they had no idea what to do. So they just wandered from random plot point in inexplicable character motivation to outright silliness and back again. Their premises were often good. Their execution laughably bad. Sending Hiro back to shogun era Japan was a great idea. What they did with the story once they got him there made no sense whatsoever and was just plain boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I would definitely check it out if the reboot does happen.
A reboot would be great, if done well. But I think this new miniseries is more of a continuation than a reboot.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:33 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,376 times
If they stay true to what made so many of us flock to it and have the right mix of original and new characters (provided there's no scheduling conflicts) then the miniseries should be a success. But then again with NBC recent track record you never know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV