Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather be...
A Werewolf 6 31.58%
A Vampire 6 31.58%
A Ghost 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 07:26 PM

351 posts, read 693,446 times

Advertisements

I've been watching the TV show Being Human where a werewolf, a vampire, and a ghost live together under one roof. That got me wondering, and I thought it would be fun to hear what everyone else thought.

If you had to be one of the above, would you...

A) Be a werewolf where you turn into werewolf once a month on a full moon (or the occasional lunar eclipse), but you are a normal human being every day otherwise. That would mean you would likely have to endure a lot of pain transforming into a dog and become a vicious killer once a month.

B) Be a vampire where you can grow fangs and suck blood whenever you like and in this show, the sun does not kill you so walking around like anyone else is perfectly fine. There's that romanticism behind a vampire according to movies and books, but you too become a vicious killer and likely have a large appetite for human blood.

-OR-

C) Be a ghost where you have the freedom to do anything, see anyone, and go anywhere you like, but no one can see, hear, or feel you nor can you feel them. You basically have eternity to roam around with no interaction with the living at all (except in this show, anyone of the supernatural can see and hear ghosts, so there is some interaction, but not with normal humans).

Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 08:55 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,863 times
Actually, none of the above, but since that wasn't a choice, a ghost wouldn't be as bad, because you probably wouldn't have to do harm to anyone.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:10 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
The way its phrased being A or B isn't so bad. You just kill once a month, if you can deal with that. Maybe a big clothing budget. No arrests or people chasing you with pitchforks and torches.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:38 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
I'm already a murderous biatch once a month, so A wouldn't really make much of a difference.

(And I hate the word biatch but CD apparently won't allow the B word. Really CD? Grow up. It's just a frickin word.)

Old 03-05-2014, 11:54 PM

256 posts, read 342,868 times
Werewolf! They just seem the coolest, and... I rather eat a whole person than just drink their blood.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:23 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,188,709 times
Got to go for none of the here. A ghost would be too lonely and I am not into killing people.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:01 AM

351 posts, read 693,446 times
I think I'd go for Werewolf. I'd have to deal with pain once a month and lock myself in a large cage with a piece of meat to eat, but I would have a normal life otherwise. In other words, I'd live and die like anyone else. I'd be able to have relationships and grow old with the people I love. Sure I'd have to risk the occasional death of another being or animal, but if I learned about my wolf-self enough, I'd learn ways to protect others from my wolf. Like take a chain leash on vacation with me and try not to go anywhere when a full moon is expected.

I'd consider a ghost as I'd have to deal with no physical contact with another being for eternity, but I wouldn't be able to hurt anyone either. I'd have certain freedoms that would be nice to have, but to not be heard or be able to feel anyone or touch anyone would be very hard to deal with and quite lonely. If I was able to move around objects, that would only serve as entertainment, but it could never fill that basic need of contact.

Vampires also live forever, but with that hunger for blood would scare me. I'm sure I'd find a way...maybe eat an animal like a squirrel or something. Dieters go through that all the time...they want the big piece of yummy dessert, but they eat a carrot instead. They can certainly survive with a carrot, but it definitely doesn't taste as good. However, just like a ghost, you'd have to watch your loved ones grow old and die without you. This too would be a lonely life.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:36 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,393 times
This is kinda like a supernatural rock-paper-scissors!

Personally, I'd choose vampire.

Werewolf wouldn't be so bad if I could change quickly and painlessly at will, but the whole full moon thing makes it all curse and no fun. Plus you aren't in control and can't remember what you did during wolf time.

The one thing the ghost and the vampire have in common is that they're both technically dead. But the vampire has a physical body and can engage in the world if he chooses. The ghost can see all kinds of things but can't tell anybody or do anything about it.

If all three witnessed a crime in progress, the werewolf would have to check his calendar, the ghost would have to keep mental notes, while the vampire would be ripping off the perps' heads.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:07 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Ghost would be too lonely. Between the other two, werewolf is the least intrusive in everyday living. The change can be anticipated to protect others via locking oneself up. I don't want to be any of them, but I'd choose werewolf if I must choose

Old 03-07-2014, 09:38 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
If I had to choose between:

(1) running naked and filthy in the woods chasing the scent of a piece of spoiled meat,
(2) popping in and out of different realities with no control over when or where I popped to,
(3) sleeping with beautiful women and sucking their blood until I was drunk and happy,

I would choose number three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV