Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 09:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Basically if you binge through it in the matter of a day or two when previous storylines are still fresh, it seems to have worked better than going back and scratching your head when it was in its original (or even summer) run on The CW.

Quote:
I had seen a video about the Blue Flash and how because of that, some people were able to guess who Savitar was.
I wondered if it was but I was on team Ronnie for Savitar honestly (even if it made little sense for him because of the lack of the speed force.) That said, it worked pretty good regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 09:18 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,986,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Basically if you binge through it in the matter of a day or two when previous storylines are still fresh, it seems to have worked better than going back and scratching your head when it was in its original (or even summer) run on The CW.
That's still over my head, but you don't have to try to explain it again.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:18 AM

2,790 posts, read 1,641,987 times
I just finished season 3 on Netflix.

My only question is: In "Cause and Effect," after Savitar leaves STAR Labs, he goes back to his lair. Killer Frost asks him how it went, and he says, "As I expected. I was a fool to believe otherwise." What does this mean??? What did he expect and what did he believe otherwise??

Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
I just finished season 3 on Netflix.

My only question is: In "Cause and Effect," after Savitar leaves STAR Labs, he goes back to his lair. Killer Frost asks him how it went, and he says, "As I expected. I was a fool to believe otherwise." What does this mean??? What did he expect and what did he believe otherwise??
It means exactly what it says. Think about it and you will understand it.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
It means exactly what it says. Think about it and you will understand it.
I did think about it and couldn't figure it out. That's why I asked.

That he faked needing help so he could blow up STAR Labs? The otherwise would be that he expected them to escape? He didn't know they escaped.

That when he got to the lab, he expected them to berate him, which is what they did. The otherwise would be that he expected them to be nice to him? Well, Iris and Barry were nice to him.

That when he got to the lab, he expected them to be nice to him, which is what they were. The otherwise would be he expected them to shun him? But he still blew them up.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I did think about it and couldn't figure it out. That's why I asked.

That he faked needing help so he could blow up STAR Labs? The otherwise would be that he expected them to escape? He didn't know they escaped.

That when he got to the lab, he expected them to berate him, which is what they did. The otherwise would be that he expected them to be nice to him? Well, Iris and Barry were nice to him.

That when he got to the lab, he expected them to be nice to him, which is what they were. The otherwise would be he expected them to shun him? But he still blew them up.
I see. Well, I think that you may be over thinking it, but this is what I think it means:

Quote:
Savitar/Barry was apparently interested in real Barry's offer, but being the cynical person that he was, he didn't really 'expect' that Barry's offer would really work out for him. Therefore, after actually going to hear what Barry's offer to help him was, he was able to see that in the end, he wouldn't end up with the girl, Iris. Therefore, since he actually went to hear what real Barry's offer was(with apparently, a modicum of hope that real Barry's offer might help him), that made him a fool to believe otherwise from what his original cynical instincts were telling him. I hope that helped.

P.S. Also, sas318, even though I really liked the season finale, your question made me think about another hole in the logic of time travel(which are so fun to dissect ) because even though offering Savitar/Barry help was suppose to have been an unexpected move made by real Barry, Savitar/Barry should have immediately acquired that memory and should have already known how Barry's offer would turn out.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Savitar/Barry was apparently interested in real Barry's offer, but being the cynical person that he was, he didn't really 'expect' that Barry's offer would really work out for him. Therefore, after actually going to hear what Barry's offer to help him was, he was able to see that in the end, he wouldn't end up with the girl, Iris. Therefore, since he actually went to hear what real Barry's offer was(with apparently, a modicum of hope that real Barry's offer might help him), that made him a fool to believe otherwise from what his original cynical instincts were telling him. I hope that helped.

P.S. Also, sas318, even though I really liked the season finale, your question made me think about another hole in the logic of time travel(which are so fun to dissect ) because even though offering Savitar/Barry help was suppose to have been an unexpected move made by real Barry, Savitar/Barry should have immediately acquired that memory and should have already known how Barry's offer would turn out.
Thanks for answering my question. I actually got the episode name wrong (it's the season finale), but that's a minor goof on my part.

There was so much going on from when Savitar got to STAR Labs to him leaving that I didn't know what he was referring to when he answered Killer Frost's question about how it went.

And I completely forgot about that scene where Savitar asks Barry what he would do in life. It never occurred to me that what he expected vs. what he believed otherwise would come from that scene and that it would be about Iris!!

Yes, you're right that Savitar should've known that Barry would offer that nice deal. But time travel NEVER makes sense. I had a ton of questions and noticed impossibilities while watching the season that after I finished it on Netflix, I came here to only ask 1 question and didn't ask anything about time travel because there was no point in asking.

For example, when Barry runs to 2027 to see devastated Barry and Cisco with Terminator hands, the future should've been the one where Iris lives because after all, Iris does live in 2016, so by 2027, she should be alive and Barry should be normal. So that's another time travel inconsistency. But it's still TV show that it couldn't show us THAT future because then we'd know that Iris lives.

Last edited by sas318; 06-27-2017 at 12:11 PM..

Old 06-28-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Yes, you're right that Savitar should've known that Barry would offer that nice deal. But time travel NEVER makes sense. I had a ton of questions and noticed impossibilities while watching the season that after I finished it on Netflix, I came here to only ask 1 question and didn't ask anything about time travel because there was no point in asking.
See page 80 and 81.

Quote:
For example, when Barry runs to 2027 to see devastated Barry and Cisco with Terminator hands, the future should've been the one where Iris lives because after all, Iris does live in 2016, so by 2027, she should be alive and Barry should be normal. So that's another time travel inconsistency. But it's still TV show that it couldn't show us THAT future because then we'd know that Iris lives.
Yeah, but when Barry traveled to 2024 from 2017, the problem of Iris getting killed haven't been averted yet, therefore, she was still dead in that future. However, if Barry had went to 2024 on May 24, 2017, then Iris would have been alive.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
The 2024 before the finale was an X-Men Days of Future Past situation. Basically because of the events of the Finale, that timeline is replaced and now an alternative future rather than the actual future. At the time, those were the events that lead to that future. The events changed.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:54 PM

1,743 posts, read 990,934 times
I had this in my favorites on youtube and forgot about it until today when I was scanning my list.

For those who haven't seen it, it's a great 2 minute time waster!

Speed Drawing: The Flash - Grant Gustin

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV