Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 08:57 PM

16,175 posts, read 32,413,442 times

Advertisements

Moderator Note: Please don't feed the Trolls. Please report posts immediately that are off topic, racist or inappropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 07:01 AM

861 posts, read 1,145,114 times
I'm a couple episodes behind so I'm not reading any comments dated after July 6th. But my impression of this season is that it is the worst casting ever and least interesting. I noticed that there have been no comments yet posted since last night's episode ran. I think that might show the general disinterest this show is generating among its loyal followers.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:38 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,089,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
I'm a couple episodes behind so I'm not reading any comments dated after July 6th. But my impression of this season is that it is the worst casting ever and least interesting. .
Wow, I'm 100% with you!

I am a hardcore BB fan. Normally spend most of my days checking for the latest news on jokersupdates and survivorsucks websites. But this year, I have ZERO interest in the show. The last episode my wife and I watched was when Devin went on a rampage trying to include new members to their alliance.

I think we have 6 or 7 episodes to watch, and I have no desire to tune in. Normally, Big Brother is MUST WATCH televison for us, keeping up with every episode the day it airs.

Something about this season....the people (yuck), the new "twists" (two HoHs, wtf?)....i am not interested in this show at all. I even caught myself wondering if I was depressed or something because I suddnely lost interest in one of my favorite indulgences. NOPE, its not me at all. It's THEM (the cast). Yes, there are a few nice people, but overall, this 16th season of BB has THEE MOST DISGUSTING cast of people I've ever seen on the show.

CBS pretty much ruined my summer

Old 07-11-2014, 09:15 AM

44,593 posts, read 61,412,482 times
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post I'm a couple episodes behind so I'm not reading any comments dated after July 6th. But my impression of this season is that it is the worst casting ever and least interesting. .

Big Brother did not finish in the top 10 in the latest TV poll last week. It finished #12 and #15 for Wed and Sun shows.

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top10s.html

Old 07-11-2014, 09:16 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,395,020 times
Glad to see Pau Pau leave. It is funny to see people that have a way overblown opinion of themselves. Thankfully it doesn't take brains or talent to be a DJ!

Old 07-11-2014, 11:40 AM

3,981 posts, read 4,999,235 times
modcut

Anyway, I respect your opinions about the show...and I'm sorry you guys have lost all interest. Please don't forget though that this is only the second full week of the show. I don't remember the last time I liked everybody at the beginning. People grow on you and they also let their true colors show after a couple of weeks...I really hope my fellow posters can grab hold of something to enjoy!! I am enjoying it...of course, I moan and complain about the things I don't like but that's like every season!

I'm tired of Devin, too, but he makes so much drama that I can't help but like the feeds that much better...same with Zach. Cody and Hayden seem rather quiet but I think if they make it a bit further, their personalities will come out more. Caleb is interesting...weird and obsessive, sure...but interesting. LOVE Donny...just do! And then there's Frankie...I was so prepared to not like him. I don't like the flaming aspect in some folks and I didn't like that he keeps name dropping his sister. As it turns out though, I think he's playing pretty well and he's pretty amusing.

For the girls? Sorry to see Joey and Pau go but not too much. I didn't dislike them at all but didn't really know them THAT well. I like Christine and Nicole together...they crack me up. I like Jocasta...she's not preachy which I love but you can still see her inner self! I don't really like Brittney...thought I would but I don't. I think it's stupid of her to whine about being tired and hungry...and really stupid to not say yes when Derrick asked her to join an alliance. Lie now, worry later. And lastly, there's Victoria. I honestly don't know if she's playing the game and that's why I always forget her.

All in all, it's hard to tell who's playing and who's lounging around...sometimes playing looks like lounging. Anyway, my favorites so far (which could change with more live feeds!) are:

Derrick - never thought I'd like a cop, but he's playing well
Donny - being in America's Team forces him to play harder and that's good...he'll learn and get better
Frankie - he knows how to play at least and he's entertaining
Christine - also playing well, imo...she's also very amusing when she's with Nicole and Hayden (love the nerdy ones)
Jocasta - would love to see her in an alliance so she could be protected but I don't know the scoop on her

That's all I got!

Last edited by Beretta; 07-11-2014 at 01:39 PM..

Old 07-11-2014, 12:06 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,227,853 times
First of all....Thank You, Moderator.

OK...Frankie wearing the bow on his tank top strap looked trendy. On the other hand, Jocasta wearing the bow around her neck looks too constricting and uncomfortable. I hope she loses that look. Reminds me of a propeller. lol

I think if I were HOH, I'd put up Victoria and Jocasta....just so they would have to say something. lol

Old 07-11-2014, 01:04 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,189,719 times
Funny that when Julie was calling the houseguests, one by one, to vote...I kept telling hubby...another one??? Kept forgetting a few of them since they don't speak!!!

Thanks Baretta!

Old 07-11-2014, 01:35 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,551,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Funny that when Julie was calling the houseguests, one by one, to vote...I kept telling hubby...another one??? Kept forgetting a few of them since they don't speak!!!

Thanks Baretta!
Haha! Me too! I was shocked Victoria was still there. I thought maybe she'd just lost interest and gone home.

I am loving this season. Maybe it's because I didn't start watching this show until season 14. So I definitely don't have too many seasons to compare!

I'm happy Nicole got HoH and I hope she keeps it. I think my favorite was when they brought in the past people to be coaches and then contestants. Maybe it's time to do that again. When is the next all-stars cast? That will be something to watch!

I really expected Zach to win the HoH when it involved a golf-like game, but it was so random down at the bottom. They could have aimed for the center, left or right and who knows! It should have been biggest numbers in the center or something where they could strategize. I like Derrick and I hope he makes a big move this week!

Old 07-11-2014, 01:44 PM

5,490 posts, read 7,073,105 times
There's just no personality clashing in that house. It's one big coom-by-yah festival.

We need Evil Dick and Janelle to pop in and stir things up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV