Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 11:28 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,775,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
The Zankie thing is really starting to puzzle me. Are there really straight guys out there that are THAT affectionate with their gay friends? I have several straight friends who are comfortable with me but none of them would ever curl up with me in bed and massage me to sleep every night. Nor would I want them to.

Am I the only one puzzled by this?
No, they're gay and are playing folks because that's what people want. They don't want to see or know how common bisexuals are. Better to be "friends" to the public and snuggle up behind closed doors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 04:42 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
It feels like something is seriously off with Caleb and his feeling for Amber are just odd. I did not really care for her at first, but now I feel terribly sorry for her. She is going to be hurt just because some guy has developed an unhealthy obsession with her. Is this really ok for Big Brother to let happen? Caleb wanting her to come crawling to him to save her? What the heck? I hate the way the other guys have played into it. They have told her to talk to Caleb, and that he is the only one that can save her. What do they want her to do? It has just turned into something ugly.

Caleb is scary. I know guys just like him. He wanted to "get her back in line" and with that comment it further proves that even if Amber did have a relationship with him, he would be toxic. He cannot handle rejection well and that is a big red flag.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:58 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
Yep, I just read online big brother, and Caleb is off his rocker big time. If I were Amber, I would be afraid of him.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:58 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
The Zankie thing is really starting to puzzle me. Are there really straight guys out there that are THAT affectionate with their gay friends? I have several straight friends who are comfortable with me but none of them would ever curl up with me in bed and massage me to sleep every night. Nor would I want them to.

Am I the only one puzzled by this?
Zach himself may be confused.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:00 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,775,709 times
This is how I feel:
Zach and Frankie hang all over each other, and it's clear that Frankie - who is gay - has a massive crush on Zach - who is straight. They spoon, they cuddle, they lay across each other's bodies and call each other "bae"..and not one word is said about how Zach is leading Frankie on.
Cody flirts with all the women in the house to get them to like him and then turns around and bad mouths them, but yet he's never accused of being a tease.
The take away? Guys can get away with it because they're just being playful and charming and strategic, but women are evil or "asking for it" for doing the exact same thing.
Thankfully last night's edit really showcased Caleb's entitlement and possessiveness. I won't go as far as to say he's dangerous, because I don't think he is, but he clearly sees women as property. That alone is problematic.

On “Big Brother 16,” Caleb Reynolds’ Unrequited Obsession & The Offensiveness Of Calling Amber Borzotra A “Tease”

Old 07-31-2014, 07:04 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Wow! I wonder what type of security that BB has outside the house ready to enter if needed. Hopefully it not just a couple stagehands. Caleb would be tough to subdue if he goes crazy.
That is an interesting question. Do shows like BB,Survivor and others have security for their cast?

Old 07-31-2014, 07:06 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
It's not being shown on the live feeds either so I'm not sure how that conclusion is being reached.

He did kiss her when she was sleeping. Perhaps you think sleeping is a form of flirting?

Caleb doesn't get the hint that she is not interested in him. She has openly cuddled/flirted with Cody in front of Caleb several times. Caleb still doesn't get it. He's deluded.

All the live feeders I've interacted with find Caleb's behavior very disturbing. He obsessed with Amber. Caleb has only two subjects of conversation in the house - himself and his feelings for Amber - and he switches conversation to those two subjects whenever he can. He's quite the narcissist as other houseguests have noticed. I think it's the narcissism which is preventing Caleb from accepting that Amber has no interest in him.

Amber hasn't said a word to Caleb in the last 4 days. He's displaying signs of a classic abuser and has come up with a plan to try right now to force her to "know her place" (his words) and come crawling back to him. It's very upsetting to watch on the live feeds with the other houseguests feeding into his delusions for game purposes. Many feeders are hoping she won't make jury so she won't be stuck in jury house with the creep. The situation is that bad.

My point exactly.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:00 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
Caleb is the self proclaimed king of the house.

he has really lost it...

production doesnt even need to do anything to get footage for the show

he is still convinced that Amber is not showing her true feelings because she's in the house

Amber should have never done that 'date' thing. when your dealing with an obsessed person the slightest inch you give em they will think there's an opening

ignoring is probably the best route to take at this point.

production doesnt see a problem with caleb and are probably crafting something thru their manipulation, and hopefully leeds to a live show today with some epic embarassing moments for beastmode cowboy

Old 07-31-2014, 03:23 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
He is afraid of letting the others know he is a cop.
That's what I figured. He must be good at hiding his feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
One of my friends went to that high school. Apparently he is very well liked there. I saw a picture on Facebook of him without the long beard. He looks so much better and YOUNGER! Seems like the producers want him to have the long beard. I guess they're going for the Duck Dynasty stereotype. I hope he makes it far. He seems so genuine.
I bet Donny is handsome behind that beard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
This is how I feel:
Zach and Frankie hang all over each other, and it's clear that Frankie - who is gay - has a massive crush on Zach - who is straight. They spoon, they cuddle, they lay across each other's bodies and call each other "bae"..and not one word is said about how Zach is leading Frankie on.
Cody flirts with all the women in the house to get them to like him and then turns around and bad mouths them, but yet he's never accused of being a tease.
The take away? Guys can get away with it because they're just being playful and charming and strategic, but women are evil or "asking for it" for doing the exact same thing.
Thankfully last night's edit really showcased Caleb's entitlement and possessiveness. I won't go as far as to say he's dangerous, because I don't think he is, but he clearly sees women as property. That alone is problematic.

On “Big Brother 16,” Caleb Reynolds’ Unrequited Obsession & The Offensiveness Of Calling Amber Borzotra A “Tease”
When we're those pics of Amber and Caleb taken?? Seeing those make this whole situation suspect to me. Maybe it's all fake.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:28 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
The Diary Room told Donny weeks ago that he couldn't shave his beard off. He finds it uncomfortable as it makes his neck sweat.
Did they give a reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV