Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 05:03 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,031 times

Advertisements

I hate the "To Be Continued" endings. They are just milking the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 12:38 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Well, damn the "To Be Continued" ending nonsense. Arrgghh!!!

Hey Twink!!! How about that female guest judge at the challenge? I think GR made a good choice there! Give the fans what they want!!!

Couldn't beleive they kept smacking everyone's dish down. It was almost pathetic.

Otherwise, nothing too earthshattering happened last night. Oh wait, did I mention a certain female judge???
I know!!! I immediately ... IMMEDIATELY thought of YOU - STRIPES when GR brought out Dayna!!! I was waiting for her to yell at us and yell out "DUDE!!!" like she does.

I hope GR gets rid of Jason next week. It would be nice if he got rid of Melanie, Gabriel, and Jason in one fell swoop, but even "Princess Twinkles" doesn't always get what she wants!!! :cryin g: (But she should, dammit!!!)

Gabriel and the lambchops ... oy vey! WTH is wrong with that fool???!!!

Can't stand Jason! Who does he think he is ... dissin' Paul who WON???!!! Somebody needs to bust a cap in Jason's ass and put him out of my misery!!! He has absolutely NO class ... not only does he LOOK like a pig - he IS a pig!!! Creep!!!! Nice people get rubbed out every day - people who deserve to live. Why can't Jason just take a dirt nap??? WHY???????

Why is it that every single time they show Joy she's chewing on the insides of her mouth? Is she chewing her cud - like a silly cow??? She needs to get a different nervous habit - like cracking her knuckles or something. Just sayin' .....

Melanie is just EVIL ... like past contestant Sabrina (the teenage witch!). She was evil and weird too - just like Melanie. Can't stand da 'ho!!!

Can't really remember too much about Keisha this week, but she looked nice when they went shopping. Oh wait ... I 'member ... she was all goo-goo eyes for Rock! LOL!

Here's a little tidbit of useless info ..... after Rock won HK that season and was at the Green River Ranch in Henderson, NV (just outside Las Vegas) I competed in a ballroom competition (either Nevada Star Ball or Las Vegas Open ... can't remember) at that resort. My ballroom weirdos and I ate at the restaurant where Rock was the head chef. I think it was called Terra Verde, or something like that. Something with Terra in the name. Anyway ... Rock came out and said hello to us. We all wanted to see Rock and congratulate him on his win. He was nice. Seemed kind of shy. Probably didn't want to be ogled like a piece of meat by a bunch of overdone, over-made up, over-the-top eyelash wearing, plastered haired ballroom kooks!!!!! (That's my story ... and I'm sticking to it!)

I think Scott's going to win HK. He has the look, he's been thrown under the bus a lot by the other donkeys but now it's becoming apparent that he has what it takes (with some training) to run a kitchen. He's professional, seems to care about what he does, and is not mean-spirited. I like him and he gets my vote for "Donkey Most Likely To Succeed". Plus, I like the fact that he thought of his wife, instead of himself, when he went on the shopping spree. He seems like a really good guy, and I like people who have ethics and morals. (It makes up for the fact that I personally have no ethics or morals. I like to live vicariously through others! JUST KIDDING!!! )

I still like Rochelle, but I don't think she's going to win it. Yes, she's goofy, but she's being herself. She also is not mean-spirited. I just don't think she's ready to be a head chef. Maybe she is and I'm just biased because Scott has a more "head-chef look". (Who's the REAL donkey here??? It's me, right???!!! )

Ok, ok ... my husband (the stewpid cow!) is bugging me to "wrap this up" so we can get out of here and do something. It's Saturday!!! Guess he doesn't want to sit here and stare at me while I waste my life on this laptop. Of course, we do live in the Coachella Valley and it is like 500 degrees outside, so WTH are we going to do outside ... fry? Melt? Ugh!!!!!!

Anyway ..... I also hate the TBC stuff, but it does give me something to look forward to. See ... I'm easily entertained. I guess you could say I'm a cheap date! (Save for the fact that I have a very sick, sweet ride! But hey ... I worked for it!!! )

Later, b**ches! Now ... p**s off and enjoy your Saturday, donkeys!!!!!

Old 06-21-2014, 03:43 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,464,599 times
Melanie put FLOUR in her mashed potatoes. FLOUR!!!! I want next week to be a double-eliimination, and I want Melanie and Gabriel to go home. Melanie for her mashed potatoes (FLOUR!!) and Gabriel because it's apparent he doesn't know how to cook. Everyone got 45 minutes. How is it he couldn't get his food plated in time?

Joy cried so much this week, I wanted to reach through the TV and smack her like the guys used to smack hysterical women in those old movies. After doing all that freaking out, they claimed her pork was cooked perfectly. I have a problem with that. On my screen, that pork looked raw. I wouldn't have eaten it, that's for sure.

I can't wait for next week. I have to see how bad they mess up Minnie Driver's meal.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:47 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,031 times
If you were throwing a party, would you choose the Hell's Kitchen contestants or the Master Chef Contestants?

Old 06-21-2014, 06:28 PM

Yes, the pork looked RAWWW on my TV screen as well - and it's a very large screen! LOL!!!

If I were throwing a party I would go with one of our local caterers here in the desert. There are over 300 country clubs where I live. We actually do throw a lot of parties, and there are a lot of excellent caterers in my area. I would never, ever in a million years use anyone from HK or MC!!!

Old 06-21-2014, 08:10 PM

608 posts, read 1,707,859 times
Just got caught up on the current season. Have to admit that this has been my favorite season in awhile. Less cheap drama than in the recent seasons.

I'd have to pick Melanie and Rochelle as the favorites right now, followed by Joy, Jason, and Scott. Kashia has been good on some of the challenges, but seems too inconsistent in service to win. Gabriel seems like the remaining contestant who is most in over his head.

Glad Anton got the boot. He was clearly one of the better chefs there, but he got way too arrogant after a few good services. He started off strong, but seemed to be getting delusional as the contest went on.

I think this has been one of the more closely matched seasons I can remember. Take out Gabriel, and all the other six contestants have significant strengths and weaknesses that could allow them to win or sink them.

What was up with Melanie and Jason on the palette test? Those were two of the worst performances on that I can ever remember. I can't remember if they've shown either of them smoking, but that's the only way I can imagine doing that poorly. I have a lousy palette and I'm not a particularly good cook, but there is no way I would've done as badly as them. It's not just that they missed the correct answers, but that their answers were so far out in left field, it was insane.

Also, they really like to show Melanie in her bra a lot. Think there have been 4 or 5 Melanie in a bra shots this season.

Really tough to pick the winner right now. Rochelle is the type of chef that I think Ramsay wants to pick, but might be a bit too inexperienced for a high-level position right now. (Of course, that hasn't necessarily stopped him before.) Melanie has been the most consistently good, but Ramsay is big on the palette test.

Joy is the one I'm having the most difficult sizing up; she has been good in the kitchen, but I can't remember any big moments for her, either. Maybe they are setting up her first big moment for the next episode. Jason has been good in services and has had flashes of greatness in challenges, but his blow-ups have occasionally been an issue. Also, he's had flashes of stupidity in the challenges, as well. Scott has gotten better as the competition has progressed, though, I have difficult envisioning him winning.

That's all I got for now. Now, I just have to catch up on everyone else's posts

Old 06-21-2014, 08:24 PM

608 posts, read 1,707,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I know!!! I immediately ... IMMEDIATELY thought of YOU - STRIPES when GR brought out Dayna!!! I was waiting for her to yell at us and yell out "DUDE!!!" like she does.

I hope GR gets rid of Jason next week. It would be nice if he got rid of Melanie, Gabriel, and Jason in one fell swoop, but even "Princess Twinkles" doesn't always get what she wants!!! :cryin g: (But she should, dammit!!!)

Gabriel and the lambchops ... oy vey! WTH is wrong with that fool???!!!

Can't stand Jason! Who does he think he is ... dissin' Paul who WON???!!! Somebody needs to bust a cap in Jason's ass and put him out of my misery!!! He has absolutely NO class ... not only does he LOOK like a pig - he IS a pig!!! Creep!!!! Nice people get rubbed out every day - people who deserve to live. Why can't Jason just take a dirt nap??? WHY???????

Why is it that every single time they show Joy she's chewing on the insides of her mouth? Is she chewing her cud - like a silly cow??? She needs to get a different nervous habit - like cracking her knuckles or something. Just sayin' .....

Melanie is just EVIL ... like past contestant Sabrina (the teenage witch!). She was evil and weird too - just like Melanie. Can't stand da 'ho!!!

Can't really remember too much about Keisha this week, but she looked nice when they went shopping. Oh wait ... I 'member ... she was all goo-goo eyes for Rock! LOL!

Here's a little tidbit of useless info ..... after Rock won HK that season and was at the Green River Ranch in Henderson, NV (just outside Las Vegas) I competed in a ballroom competition (either Nevada Star Ball or Las Vegas Open ... can't remember) at that resort. My ballroom weirdos and I ate at the restaurant where Rock was the head chef. I think it was called Terra Verde, or something like that. Something with Terra in the name. Anyway ... Rock came out and said hello to us. We all wanted to see Rock and congratulate him on his win. He was nice. Seemed kind of shy. Probably didn't want to be ogled like a piece of meat by a bunch of overdone, over-made up, over-the-top eyelash wearing, plastered haired ballroom kooks!!!!! (That's my story ... and I'm sticking to it!)

I think Scott's going to win HK. He has the look, he's been thrown under the bus a lot by the other donkeys but now it's becoming apparent that he has what it takes (with some training) to run a kitchen. He's professional, seems to care about what he does, and is not mean-spirited. I like him and he gets my vote for "Donkey Most Likely To Succeed". Plus, I like the fact that he thought of his wife, instead of himself, when he went on the shopping spree. He seems like a really good guy, and I like people who have ethics and morals. (It makes up for the fact that I personally have no ethics or morals. I like to live vicariously through others! JUST KIDDING!!! )

I still like Rochelle, but I don't think she's going to win it. Yes, she's goofy, but she's being herself. She also is not mean-spirited. I just don't think she's ready to be a head chef. Maybe she is and I'm just biased because Scott has a more "head-chef look". (Who's the REAL donkey here??? It's me, right???!!! )

Ok, ok ... my husband (the stewpid cow!) is bugging me to "wrap this up" so we can get out of here and do something. It's Saturday!!! Guess he doesn't want to sit here and stare at me while I waste my life on this laptop. Of course, we do live in the Coachella Valley and it is like 500 degrees outside, so WTH are we going to do outside ... fry? Melt? Ugh!!!!!!

Anyway ..... I also hate the TBC stuff, but it does give me something to look forward to. See ... I'm easily entertained. I guess you could say I'm a cheap date! (Save for the fact that I have a very sick, sweet ride! But hey ... I worked for it!!! )

Later, b**ches! Now ... p**s off and enjoy your Saturday, donkeys!!!!!
TwinkleToes, how I've missed your posts!

I'd actually like to see Scott win, as well, but don't see him as being the favorite. I don't understand the criticism that he's "not a team player" that some of the other chefs made. From what I can tell, he's the only person in the entire history of Hell's Kitchen that has 100% been a team player! And what some of the other chefs call "a#$-kissing", I'd just call being polite.

It does seem like he's been a bit inconsistent, though, which is why I wouldn't view him as the favorite. He'd also be a bit atypical of a pick for a Ramsay winner. But I definitely seem him as the person most willing to improve himself and be a true leader (too many HKers think being a "leader" means yelling and bossing people around).

Old 06-23-2014, 12:52 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
I agree with Twink that Scott will win. He's even-keeled, non-dramatic, thoughtful, helpful and compassionate. I forget which competition it was, but he was consoling his team mates with big hugs, and that's when his cred sky-rocketed in my thoughts. I think he's a team player, and would (with training) make a wonderful head chef. Unless he just totally melts down, I see it being between him and Rochelle with him winning.

Now, I've never been mistaken for a chef in my life, but even I could have gotten the lamb chops to the table in 45 minutes. Gabriel and Melanie have to go. I can't stand either one of them, and could never, ever imagine them as head chefs of anything, not even TV dinners. (I think I just dated myself)

Old 06-23-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I agree with Twink that Scott will win. He's even-keeled, non-dramatic, thoughtful, helpful and compassionate. I forget which competition it was, but he was consoling his team mates with big hugs, and that's when his cred sky-rocketed in my thoughts. I think he's a team player, and would (with training) make a wonderful head chef. Unless he just totally melts down, I see it being between him and Rochelle with him winning.

Now, I've never been mistaken for a chef in my life, but even I could have gotten the lamb chops to the table in 45 minutes. Gabriel and Melanie have to go. I can't stand either one of them, and could never, ever imagine them as head chefs of anything, not even TV dinners. (I think I just dated myself)

Well ..... only if you still own some TV trays!!!!!

Old 06-24-2014, 01:11 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Well ..... only if you still own some TV trays!!!!!
Dayam, I knew someone had been in the house and checked the front hall closet today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV