Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2014, 01:02 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times

Advertisements

I was really surprised Joy left. She had been trying to watch Keisha's back, encouraging her and I thought she had a good chance to be in the finals. I wonder if she just gave up after Keisha left? She's been under the gun before, so this meltdown and walk-off was bewildering...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 12:37 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
I KNEW Jason was gonna hurl as soon as they said "Jet plane" (it wasn't a jet ... it had propellers on it! ) and Scott picked Jason. I knew Scott was going to pick Jason because Scott's married and he seems to be a very moral and ethical guy and I figured a guy like that would find it inappropriate to choose a female to go along with him on his little excursion. Scott simply chose the lesser of 3 evils! But, as soon as he said "Jason" I knew we were going to be treated to a "pukefest"!

I really didn't see the tip of Rochelle's finger on the table. I saw something that looked like maybe a piece of fingernail, but not the tip of a finger. I was expecting to see something like that finger in the Wendy's chili from a few years ago. You know the one - the lady who put the finger in the chili on purpose so she could claim it was served to her like that so that she could file a bogus lawsuit and get some money - but it backfired on her and she got busted??? Yeah, you guys remember. Not that I wanted to see somebody's severed finger (gross!) but I didn't see it and I don't know what all the fuss was about between Joy and Melanie.

A few years ago I had a family friend doing some tile work at my house and he cut his finger off with the tile saw. He grabbed his hand - blood spurting everywhere - and he went and picked up his finger. I was ready to have my own "pukefest" - if I didn't pass out first! I offered - ok, insisted! - that I take him to the emergency room at the hospital. He didn't want to go and kept telling me "No, it's cool, I'm ok." I was all "No, it's NOT cool and you're NOT ok!!!" I won. He had to have his finger reattached. That's sort of what I was expecting to see on HK!!!

I hope Scott continues to get better and more consistent because I see him as being the only choice for the job. Melanie is a saboteur and she's just evil. She blames others for her own mistakes.

Rochelle just doesn't seem ready to handle a high-level position yet. Too ditzy and just needs more experience or something. She just doesn't strike me as being professional. But, I hope she is in the final two with my man Scott!

Jason ... what can I say but UGH!!! He's just such a turn off. He's nothing more than an overinflated, bloated pig! He has no class, he's a dimwitted moron, he's a chauvinist, too loud, too fat, too ...... GROSS!!!!!

Well donkeys, that's all I have to say for now. It's Saturday and I gotta get out of the house before I go crazy! The sucky part is that I live in the Coachella Valley, so whatever I do involves me being out and about in 115 degree heat! It sucks!!! (But the winters are really nice!)

Later cows!

Old 07-12-2014, 09:31 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Joy has been Off and Borderline Coo Coo since day one. I personally think she is one of these people that is afraid of success.
It stems from a persons self worth, and she needs to go to counseling to deal with it!
Agree. Joy is her own worst enemy and it's a shame she quit because Jason really has no business being there. She's a much better cook and I thought for sure she'd make it to the final two.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:35 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
I really don't think, that any of the remaining 4 deserve to win.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:43 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I really don't think, that any of the remaining 4 deserve to win.
I don't know that any person in the final four even of prior seasons deserved to win. There is a reason that no past winner actually became a head chef for any of GR's restaurants.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:00 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Can't believe Joy just quit like that. Was actually starting to root for her. I can't stand Jason or Melanie. Scott I'm indifferent too.

Rooting for Rochelle.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:31 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I was really surprised Joy left. She had been trying to watch Keisha's back, encouraging her and I thought she had a good chance to be in the finals. I wonder if she just gave up after Keisha left? She's been under the gun before, so this meltdown and walk-off was bewildering...

I wonder about this as well. Maybe not having her girl (Kashia) there was too much. Maybe she left alone or whatever. It's too bad, Joy was pretty good. She was my pick from the start and I think maybe GR's. After service he noted it's dead even now. I kinda took that to mean the favorite is now out so shape up.

I think Scott has it in the bag now - only because Rochelle is a scatterbrain. lol I'd like to see her win but could she run anything?! I don't see it but never know I guess. The other 2 are simply bad with people. Can't imagine them doing much besides being on the line.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:29 AM

I think that of the four left, Scott has it won. Rochelle is good, but she's a total ditz and gadabout, so I'm not sure she could command a kitchen. As for Jason and Melanie, I can't see it happening. Neither has leadership qualities that I can see.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:30 AM

This is interesting:

Foodie Gossip: Hell’s Kitchen Winners: Where are they now?

Old 07-14-2014, 06:56 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Thanks for sharing the article!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV