Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 07:03 PM

850 posts, read 1,026,680 times

Advertisements

I just watched S1E1 - very nice. Kinda fun/ny that this series has the time travel element and here I am already knowing some things about the future...of this show.

So why did the husband get so agitated when he saw Mrs. Protector in the death chamber? I think that is significant / a spoiler dot dot dot.

I'm enjoying that some Stargate SG-1 actors are also in Continuum - Col. Mayborn and Master Braitak.

I'll be kind of annoyed if it turns out what (little) the protector told young/old genius turns out to trigger the rise of the corporations. He also feeds/manipulates his stepfather's cult into what becomes Liber8.

Last edited by jayway; 05-10-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 10:10 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,557,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
I'm aboot to start watching this from S1.

I'd also like to see some Hongcouver scenery.
I hate to tell you this, but most Americans won't get your references. If you ask 10 Americans to name the capital of Canada, you will get 7 Toronto's, 2 Montreals, 1 "Is Canada a country", and 1 will give you the correct answer.

For Americans who are not aware:
Spoiler

Classic Canadian raising is pronunciation variant which occurs largely in Canadian English and in certain nearby areas of the northern United States, and affects both /aɪ/ and /aʊ/. This results in the stereotypical Canadian pronunciation of "about" as "a boat" (or, as frequently satirized, "a boot").

A lot of the moneyed people from Hong Kong fled the district when the transfer of sovereignty over Hong Kong from the United Kingdom to China, referred to as "the Handover" took place on 1 July 1997. Vancouver was probably the most popular destination. Although many went back to Hong Kong when the worst of their fears did not happen, many stayed and brought more relatives.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:46 PM

The whole Snowden thing must have given the plotline a kick in the pants.

Luke I am your father...

Stupidest turns:

Letting Alec move into/set up in the lab funded by Kellogg and letting the 2nd suit and the gray orange end up there.

Alec never having background checked Emily. Enh, I guess one can't think clearly about the one you stop being a virgin with.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:14 PM

Well I marathoned my way through S1-3 and am now all caught up. I was a bit worried by some comments here that I would not like S3 but I'm still quite interested. Yes S3 is way more corporate and I am suspending a fair amount of disbelief.

I really like the flashbacks and so the recent gleaner episode was particularly poignant.

Any Vancouver residents reading this thread? It must be a nice plus to occasionally see a show you like being shot.
On my next Vancouver visit, besides chowing down on all the yum food (esp. Richmond Asian) I'm going to be a tv show site tourist. (esp. Stargate SG-1 bush/boonie locations)

I want to make a time travel orange for myself. (prop - not functional! :-)

Old 06-09-2014, 08:02 AM

I have had difficulty remaining interested with the past few episodezzzzzz...hope this is building to something. Will this season finale be the series end?

Old 06-09-2014, 10:30 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,780 times
I watch the show but am having trouble empathizing with some of the characters. The leads continuous whining about needed to get home to her husband and kids gets old.

The plot and subplots seem disjointed and puzzling.

However, as there is little else of interest during that time slot, I will continue to watch.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:02 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
I watch the show but am having trouble empathizing with some of the characters. The leads continuous whining about needed to get home to her husband and kids gets old.

The plot and subplots seem disjointed and puzzling.

However, as there is little else of interest during that time slot, I will continue to watch.
It seems in the last episode that all the characters themselves have decided the plot is uninteresting.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:39 PM

LOL R. Kirk. I wonder if there will be a season 4? I would bet no.
I now fully agree with those who said early on that this season was meh.

Internet says that Rachel Nichols has math/economics degrees from Columbia Univ. in NYC. Smart is HOT! :-)

Old 06-17-2014, 10:08 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
...The first season was good; the second season was mediocre; and the third season is verging on unwatchable.
True, but at least she got that growth removed from her face.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:58 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
I just remembered that Kellogg was shown as a time anomaly back in the first season--when his mother was killed by Liber8 before he was born and he didn't cease to exist. That wasn't just a plot hole--Kellog even wondered about it at the time when he watched his mother die, "Why am I still here?" They must have intended to go somewhere with that.

But I don't think they ever explained that anomaly, not even to say, "Time must reassert itself somehow." And now that they've shown that the timeline is totally fungible. Maybe with Kellogg suddenly appearing to be someone more important than Sadler in at least one timeline is a clue that they're going to revisit that anomaly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV