Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 03:52 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What's wrong with having a serious news person on in the mornings? I don't mind some fluff, but does it have to be all fluff, with two to five minutes of actual worthy news at the beginning? I'm sick of that. I don't care about the Kardashians, or what Lara likes to buy at flea markets, or all the sports stuff. I think it could at least wait until after the first 30 minutes.
Because there are other sources for serious news. I don't want serious. I need to start my morning with some fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 04:35 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Because there are other sources for serious news. I don't want serious. I need to start my morning with some fun.
I am all for fun, just would like some serious news for at least the first 10-15 minutes. I also really liked it when George would have segments on politics during the election. I was just saying that I like George S. and what he brings to the show. Josh was pretty good, but I won't miss him when he's gone.

I have a feeling he has a little more in his offer from NBC than just doing sports. My guess is he will end up on The Today Show and possibly a shot at co-anchor after Matt Lauer's contract is over. Josh was really only good because the chemistry of the entire cast was good. I don't know how he would fit in at another show.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:55 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,721,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I love Josh, but I'm VERY disappointed with how greedy he was. He really expected them to be okay with bumping his salary from $1.2M to $8M??

Still trying to figure out ... is he officially gone, or will he be back later in the week for a proper goodbye? I thought I read somewhere that today was a pre-arranged personal day, and he's back tomorrow until his last day (whenever that is). The way they discussed it on air this morning wasn't very clear.

It's sad to watch this group slowly fall apart. I agree that George was never a good fit on GMA, but he was part of the "family." He's a great guy, but he was kind of the odd man out in that group. He didn't have the energy or the sense of humor that the others do. I don't dislike Lara, but I could do without her just fine. Ginger Z seems to be holding her own, and I like that she doesn't seem to try too hard. I'm concerned that Amy R. is going to be another George. Nothing particularly wrong with her, but she's not upbeat.

If Robin ever leaves (permanently), I think my TV will just stay off in the morning.
It has since been confirmed that Josh was asking for $10mil and ABC countered with $5mil. It is still unclear if he will appear throughout the remainder of the month (end of his contract)

Josh Elliott leaving ABC's 'Good Morning America' for NBC Sports; Amy Robach to become new co-host - NY Daily News

Old 03-31-2014, 05:10 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,469 times
$10mil? As Shopgirl once said on You've Got Mail, "You poor, sad, multi-millionaire…"

Those who are lucky enough to have jobs have been getting by with 1.2% raises. G'bye Josh, don't let the door hit you!

Is it too late to bring back Chris Cuomo? He's not doing anything too serious over on CNN, just more fluff! If not Chirs, then get back Diane & Charlie - my favorite era.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:29 PM

Now GMA has hired Michael Strahan to add a little more testosterone. I really like him and think he'll fit in with the show just fine.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:54 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
I like CBS This Morning- The News is Back in the Morning but during segments I have no interest in I surf to Today or GMA. Seems they were always laughing to the point of distraction at GMA. CBS is not somber by any means but they have some very well produced and in depth stories.
Josh's heart is in sports and I never liked him doing serious news stories.

Seems like Sam left just in time.

Michael does not bring much journalistic integrity to the show. he is basically a funny ex football player and he is doing great with Kelly. Can't see him doing serious news on GMA.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:55 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,808,379 times
I like Amy, but I wish they had brought in Gio Benetiz. I could wake up to that smile every day and not tire of it.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:14 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
I like Amy, but I wish they had brought in Gio Benetiz. I could wake up to that smile every day and not tire of it.
Yes! I think Gio would have been a better choice than Michael.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:45 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
Maybe Gio didn't want that gig. The ungodly wake up time takes its toll.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I like CBS This Morning- The News is Back in the Morning but during segments I have no interest in I surf to Today or GMA. Seems they were always laughing to the point of distraction at GMA. CBS is not somber by any means but they have some very well produced and in depth stories.
Josh's heart is in sports and I never liked him doing serious news stories.

Seems like Sam left just in time.

Michael does not bring much journalistic integrity to the show. he is basically a funny ex football player and he is doing great with Kelly. Can't see him doing serious news on GMA.
I don't think they're bringing Strahan in to do serious news. They have the other anchors for that. Strahan said it wouldn't be everyday. It's still a good opportunity for him, and he has a pretty good personality. I like serious news and wish they'd do more of it in the early part of the show, but for the later parts Strahan seems like a good fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV