Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2014, 12:33 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I understand that, but I still see it as far fetched. She might do that in a world where there aren't hordes of cannibalistic zombies walking around. In this world she might just choose not to sleep right next to him or let him touch her for a while. But sneak out the front door on foot? No way.

Also, I cant remember when he explained that they were raped. I know that's what happened because he explained it in greater detail on Talking Dead. But when did he say it in the show? And did we know they were his friends and neighbors during the show and not have to wait until Talking Dead to get the blanks filled in? If so, I don't think they pulled off that scene at all and that it was handled very sloppily.

Yes. Yes it would.
No, nothing was said on the show itself. We learned all this from TTD post show. If someone didn't watch TTD, they have no clue about the rape.

Yes, that was a very stupid scenario about the wife taking the kids and running away. Didn't get but paces from the door. I know, the means justify the end but it was still stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 01:50 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
No, nothing was said on the show itself. We learned all this from TTD post show. If someone didn't watch TTD, they have no clue about the rape.

Yes, that was a very stupid scenario about the wife taking the kids and running away. Didn't get but paces from the door. I know, the means justify the end but it was still stupid.
That's what I thought, and I guess that's where some people are confused. We might assume they are his wife and kids, but they might as well have been just some adopted family he picked up and was protecting along the way. And without the backstory of the rape by his friends and neighbors and the lack of any dialogue between them - I can see why some people didn't even know they were his wife and his kids. I could perhaps understand some woman who was just travelling with him that he ran up on after the apocalypse started being scared away by his behavior - I wouldn't totally buy into it, but I get how some woman could decide to flee.

Last edited by Tourian; 11-10-2014 at 02:03 PM..

Old 11-10-2014, 01:54 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

I didn't get that from the show either. When they left I was confused and then the show never clarified what happened.

I completely agree that the whole scenario was stupid and impossible. No mother would go outside with two little kids when hordes of walkers are outside.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:33 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
That's what I thought, and I guess that's where some people are confused. We might assume they are his wife and kids, but they might as well have been just some adopted family he picked up and was protecting along the way. And without the backstory of the rape by his friends and neighbors and the lack of any dialogue between them - I can see why some people didn't even know they were his wife and his kids. I could perhaps understand some woman who was just travelling with him that he ran up on after the apocalypse started being scared away by his behavior - I wouldn't totally buy into it, but I get how some woman could decide to flee.
What tied it in with me was the little boy was a red headed kid who really resembled dad Abe.
The boy could have passed for an Abe Jr.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:49 PM

17,583 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
I didn't get that from the show either. When they left I was confused and then the show never clarified what happened.

I completely agree that the whole scenario was stupid and impossible. No mother would go outside with two little kids when hordes of walkers are outside.
It thought it made more sense from the show of them NOT going into the rape storyline. It looks more like the wife was terrified of the violence from Abraham and didn't feel safe with him (Thought he had flipped) and was running away from him.

Adding in the rape story, it makes LESS sense as to why she would leave, to me. Yes, he left them with the people who raped them, but.. As he said on Talking Dead, those people were their neighbors.. Who would expect that?

Agreed that the kids red hair tied it as being his family.

Hated the firetruck.. What are the odds that thing starts after 2.5 years? What are the odds that ANY vehicle starts after 2.5 years? At least they went with the jumpstarter on Carol and Daryl's sweet ride.

Glass in the fuel line didn't seem at all believable to me.. And the bus flipping.. Seemed they slowed way down passing the walkers, which is right when it flipped from hitting the other car.. Just say he loosened the drive shaft, it fell and that legitimately COULD flip the bus. Still a reach, but..

The fact that they were only 15 miles from the church when the accident happened and there was little argument about going back struck me as odd.

And pervy old Eugene. That boy ain't right.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:07 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Hated the firetruck.. What are the odds that thing starts after 2.5 years? What are the odds that ANY vehicle starts after 2.5 years? At least they went with the jumpstarter on Carol and Daryl's sweet ride.
Totally agree, but they want you to believe that someone had been using it during the apocalypse because it was covered in blood, gore and ichor... So, maybe it had only been sitting a few days or whatever since last used.

The bus flip was like a ChiPs episode. At least it only caught on fire instead of a big fireball explosion.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:08 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,603,681 times
I felt sorry for the actor who plays Eugene when last night on TD most of the polls showed that about 75% of the audience basically doesn't like his character.

I always kind of thought of Eugene as comic relief.

And I've been wondering when Rosita would get more than a line or two. She's always seemed like probable zombie bait.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:57 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

And I've been wondering when Rosita would get more than a line or two. She's always seemed like probable zombie bait.
She fills the role as hot girl in the shorts for all the Eugenes in the world.
Gotta have a little sex with all that violence to keep the crowd interested.

You could tell Glen was looking for a little privacy himself.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:46 PM

17,583 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Totally agree, but they want you to believe that someone had been using it during the apocalypse because it was covered in blood, gore and ichor... So, maybe it had only been sitting a few days or whatever since last used.

The bus flip was like a ChiPs episode. At least it only caught on fire instead of a big fireball explosion.
That last line is the winner right there.. You're totally right and that's the perfect analogy.

Listen, I don't expect technical perfection.. But at least make an attempt, you know? I'm not looking for Futurama, where you had mathematical equations sprinkled through the episode and if you solved them, there was a little easter egg joke for you.. Or like Jericho, where the morse code at the beginning of the episode somehow tied into the plot.. but.. I am also not looking for a show about Jack Bauer in the apocalypse. (Here's to hoping TV execs aren't reading this topic, because that probably just gave them cartoon dollar signs in their eyes)

Seems that someone in the writing room would have spoken up when the brilliant idea of putting glass in fuel came up and said "That wouldn't do anything".. I probably wouldn't have bought that Eugene would be smart enough to loosen the driveshaft, but I could have at least given a pass on that.. After all, he is smarter than anyone else. And also the biggest moron of all of them for saying that at that time.

The firetruck.. I probably wouldn't have even mentioned if it weren't for the BS with the bus.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:55 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,324 times
Firetruck sure had a lot of water pressure, considering that the engine wasn't running so the pump wouldn't work.

And everybody's still marching thru Georgia.

Gen. Sherman made better time than that, without motor vehicles or paved roads, dragging artillery, and under fire by armed enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV