Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2014, 08:57 PM

364 posts, read 1,080,612 times

Advertisements

ZzZzZz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 09:49 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
I enjoyed this episode.. The first half hour especially. There was a ton of stuff packed into the first 30 minutes.

Now.. just to get this out of the way.. Again, my complaints all have to do with vehicles. There is NO DAMN WAY that van lands on its tires. And, of course, Daryl finds the magic vehicle that not only has keys in it and gas (As if Grady hasn't done sweeps to get the fuel from all vehicles near them) but also a nice fresh battery.

Now, the assumption is, he goes right back to the church and it's Noah with him.. But.. It still doesn't make sense. Why not bring the truck all the way back? Out of gas? Why have Noah hiding in the bushes? Think there's more to the story that we're not getting yet.

Lots of gaps with Carol and what she was doing while away filled in. The Tom Sawyer book I'm still working through.. Where does that fit in? Book she used to read to Sophia or something?

The walkers in the skybridge.. Think Punk nailed that on Talking Dead.. It was a group and one member just murdered them all in their sleep. Or.. Did Grady kill them?

Daryl did look like the dog from the Little Rascals this whole episode. Hope that shiner is cleared up by the next episode.

Just a side complaint.. Carol getting hit by the car.. Do you really think that Grady isn't going to look and see if there's anyone else present? I mean, they just jumped out, tossed her in the car, on their way.

Love Yvette and Punk on talking dead.. They are a great team. She tends to talk a little much, but.. Notes like that.. She's earned the right. that's how you prepare for a 'panel' show.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:34 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I enjoyed this episode.. The first half hour especially. There was a ton of stuff packed into the first 30 minutes.

Now.. just to get this out of the way.. Again, my complaints all have to do with vehicles. There is NO DAMN WAY that van lands on its tires. And, of course, Daryl finds the magic vehicle that not only has keys in it and gas (As if Grady hasn't done sweeps to get the fuel from all vehicles near them) but also a nice fresh battery.

Now, the assumption is, he goes right back to the church and it's Noah with him.. But.. It still doesn't make sense. Why not bring the truck all the way back? Out of gas? Why have Noah hiding in the bushes? Think there's more to the story that we're not getting yet.

Lots of gaps with Carol and what she was doing while away filled in. The Tom Sawyer book I'm still working through.. Where does that fit in? Book she used to read to Sophia or something?

The walkers in the skybridge.. Think Punk nailed that on Talking Dead.. It was a group and one member just murdered them all in their sleep. Or.. Did Grady kill them?

Daryl did look like the dog from the Little Rascals this whole episode. Hope that shiner is cleared up by the next episode.

Just a side complaint.. Carol getting hit by the car.. Do you really think that Grady isn't going to look and see if there's anyone else present? I mean, they just jumped out, tossed her in the car, on their way.

Love Yvette and Punk on talking dead.. They are a great team. She tends to talk a little much, but.. Notes like that.. She's earned the right. that's how you prepare for a 'panel' show.
I don't think Daryl drove off the bridge. The rear tires were off the ground. He threw his weight forward, and with the Walkers pushing on the van it went over. You're right that it should have landed engine block first just like the camera inside the van was showing after it went over.

He had Noah hiding because no one there knows who he is, and as Daryl already knew no one at the church knew what happened him and Carol so everyone's guard would be up. He didn't drive back to the church because he couldn't be sure his friends were still in control there. Just basic safety in that world now.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:35 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
They said they needed 4 vans to film the scene, two of which they dropped off the bridge. Certainly, most of the footage they showed it sure looked like it was headed for a landing on its roof. I wonder if they just used a crane to get the second shot of it landing on the wheels. They had the footage form the initial free fall and had to use that to put it all together. I can get past stuff like that as chalking up to logistics. The only other alterative would be to just do it all in CGI.

Interesting the way they are showing that Carol and Daryl were never that far apart (and Carol from the group of course). Like she was staying in touch while in exile, watching over them.

Nice trick with the preview last week showing them burning the body. I have to think the producers were like HMM, we have a scene that looks like it might be from the back of the hospital and a small body wrapped up. People will assume its Beth so lets do it, ha ha ha ha!
I agree the camping walkers seemed like they had holed up in the skybridge and got killed while sleeping. I had not thought about it, but I can see how the walkers would not be able to get out of a sleeping bag if their arms were not out of it.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:26 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,490,393 times
Enjoyed the ep last night, love these scenes of people in a big city in a post apocalyptic setting, with the eerie music it reminded me of one of those old school post apocalyptic movies I loved when I was a kid in the 70s, particularly it reminded me of one my favorite post apocalyptic movies of all time, "The Omega Man" with Charlton Heston

Old 11-17-2014, 07:35 AM

5,518 posts, read 7,109,883 times
I'm really getting bored with this show now, it is so anti-climatic how they are all killing the zombies one by one, stabbing them in the head one after the other. It's so predictable.

When was the last time we saw someone get mauled to death?
They need more of that to keep it interesting! Hopefully someone in Abraham's group!

Old 11-17-2014, 07:42 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I'm really getting bored with this show now, it is so anti-climatic how they are all killing the zombies one by one, stabbing them in the head one after the other. It's so predictable.

When was the last time we saw someone get mauled to death?
They need more of that to keep it interesting! Hopefully someone in Abraham's group!

The show is no longer about the zombies. It is about people surviving after any pandemic and how humans resort back to their "natural instincts" when there is no more laws or government to protect individual rights.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:22 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
The show is no longer about the zombies. It is about people surviving after any pandemic and how humans resort back to their "natural instincts" when there is no more laws or government to protect individual rights.

Yes, I never cared about people getting mauled by walkers, if not for the story about the people and their stories of humanity and finding reasons to survive and how, I wouldn't have ever started watching this show to begin with. I don't care if they never kill off any of the regulars or newer cast ever again. But I understand for some people, that is the attraction, however, the reason the show has such a wide appeal is that it's not just about blood and guts. I don't need exploding heads, the intensity of the possibility of life loss without it actually happening is enough for me still to love this show.

Oh, forgot to add, I enjoyed this past episode.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:27 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
I loved last night's episode! It was" exciting action...take a breath and explore characters....exciting action....take a breath and explore characters....exciting action. It helped that the episode featured my two favorite characters, who I think are the most interesting and the most complex.

Who was that woman on Talking Dead? She was great! Yvette something. I was really into how she takes notes and then analyzes symbolic themes that came up in the episode. I'm pretty geeky with taking notes, but she was way beyond my geekiness. I remember her being on before and she was the same way. I was noticing the repeated fires in the episode, and wondering about possible symbolism, but she really nailed it.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:35 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Now.. just to get this out of the way.. Again, my complaints all have to do with vehicles. There is NO DAMN WAY that van lands on its tires.
Agreed. It was so obvious it was two different cuts. They would have been fubar'ed had it landed on its roof.

Quote:
I'm okay with that because you never know what you are driving up to. It is probably better to hide the vehicle a short distance away and sneak up on foot to see what is going on. Plus the noise would bring walkers too.

Quote:
No, that's a big complaint. Getting hit by a car like that all Final Destination-like was silly, but these guy's having no peripheral vision or the wherewithal to just look around once is just unnatural and contrived. The only thing I like about the scene is that Carol is injured and not playing possum to gain entry into the hospital like some suggested.

Quote:
They are a great team, and she only said "ship" once - so she didn't annoy me like last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
I don't think Daryl drove off the bridge. The rear tires were off the ground. He threw his weight forward, and with the Walkers pushing on the van it went over. You're right that it should have landed engine block first just like the camera inside the van was showing after it went over.
Labonte was referring to the box van Daryl and Noah drove at the end of the episode. Stumbling into a working, fueled, charged battery vehicle with the keys is highly unlikely at this point in time.

There is also still the matter of who was following Carol and Daryl in a vehicle on the way to Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV