Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 03:24 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times

Advertisements

Andrea always looked constipated to me. She was gullible and at times stupid.. I didn't hate her, nor like her..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 03:32 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What was it about Andrea that made you dislike her? A lot of people dislike her, and I don't get why.
She shot Daryl!!

Old 12-09-2014, 03:37 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
She was gullible and at times stupid..
I think they just put a lot on her character. She was the lynch pin between so many conflicts - it would be tough for any character - particularly a woman, to come out "popular" in a show like this. Shooting Daryl irked me the most. They asked her to not shoot, and she disobeyed and waited until she basically had to shoot OVER Rick, Shane's and T-Dog's shoulders risking their lives too just so she can show off. Then playing Kevorkian with Beth was egregious event #2. Drawing down on Rick was #3.

I *ALMOST* felt her struggle with Woodbury. After being out in the wilderness, fighting and struggling - I could understand her conflict with Michonne and the Governor. But they made it so contrived that she saw nothing of the craziness Michonne saw and she ended up LIKING the zombie death matches. I just had to let it go, if they make her somewhat as crazy as the Gov and the citizens of Woodbury, why would she even care what happens to the prison crew? - but she still did. It didn't make much sense logically to me, but again - I think they just went a bit overboard with all the things they wanted her character to be and do.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:03 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
I've asked this before, but no one answered. What do other Walking Dead fans watch and love? Looking for another superb exercise in tv making.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Sons of Anarchy (boo hoo, the last eppy EVER is tonight! )
^^^Me too. . I hope Kurt Sutter has another show in the works.

I like Stalker too.
American Horror Story (I liked Season 1 and Season 2 was even better, this is season 4, just OK)
I am watching Gracepoint (last eppy on Thursday).
Boardwalk Empire (binge watching this now, just started Season 4). Excellent show
Waiting very impatiently for Game of Thrones to start again. Love this show
I might start watching Z Nation if I can find the past episodes and catch up

On my agenda for binge watching in the near future:
Vikings Season 2 (Season 1 was good)
Grimm
Downton Abbey
House of Cards

Old 12-09-2014, 11:41 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
People live in this world looking for a reason to give meaning to life, some not knowing if it's their last day, yes really, hard to believe for some, I know, and still they many function doing and finding small moments of normality when afforded.

The whole Beth petition thing, now that's a whole nother subject, but, I wouldn't put anything past the show, especially after seeing Kirkman's reaction to Beth's display of emotions on talking dead, he even made some kind of comment about he wished he'd hadn't killed her off, his face held a lot of regret. Even though I'm sure they've already filmed the next couple of episodes, I wouldn't put anything past them, they know the fans of the show will forgive them no matter the screwy writing of the show.
I have to disagree...... I don't think I could accept it if they somehow wrote Beth back in to the show. Without even mentioning the logistical gymnastics they'd have to do to bring her back and have it make sense, it would make the writers look weak. They made a decision, now they need to stick with it.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:43 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Beth is a minor (I guess). And she is Herschel's daughter living in Herschel's house by his rules. They are there as guests. She has no right to come in and make that kind of call without Herschel's okay. And as a result of her moral standing, she put all of them at risk because Herschel was going to toss them all out.

Dale and her are equals. One adult trying to help out another.
IF I'm remembering correctly, Herschel was getting drunk in the bar when all that took place.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:54 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
^^^Me too. . I hope Kurt Sutter has another show in the works.

I like Stalker too.
American Horror Story (I liked Season 1 and Season 2 was even better, this is season 4, just OK)
I am watching Gracepoint (last eppy on Thursday).
Boardwalk Empire (binge watching this now, just started Season 4). Excellent show
Waiting very impatiently for Game of Thrones to start again. Love this show
I might start watching Z Nation if I can find the past episodes and catch up

On my agenda for binge watching in the near future:
Vikings Season 2 (Season 1 was good)
Grimm
Downton Abbey
House of Cards
Amazon Prime movies has Vikings Season 2. I enjoyed it.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
IF I'm remembering correctly, Herschel was getting drunk in the bar when all that took place.
No. It was after that. 18 Miles Out was the episode. They had gotten Herschel back and Rick and Shane were out about to dump Randall off and working out their differences. Herschel isn't in the part where they stop her, and it was Maggie who shown to be very upset and tell Andrea she wasn't welcome back in the house - and rightfully so.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:16 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
I'm not saying it was a good thing to do, or it was what she should do, or it is what I would do. I'm saying I can see how she thought she was doing the right thing. That's all.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I'm not saying it was a good thing to do, or it was what she should do, or it is what I would do. I'm saying I can see how she thought she was doing the right thing. That's all.
That may be, but she did it by deceiving Maggie, that's the whole point. Maggie and Herschel didn't want Beth to commit suicide. They wanted to talk her out of it. Andrea lied and said she'd watch Beth to get Maggie to go away so she could enable her to commit suicide. That ain't right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV