Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 03:39 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
some of the characterizations from the comics were among the bigger changes on the show - Andrea and Dale were likable in the comics, but annoying on the show. While I found Hershel annoying in the comics, but he was an excellent character on the show.
I loved Dale !

"Dale Face " was a big part of the show. Grouchy eyebrows and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 07:06 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,709 times
The marathon has begun! YEAH!

Old 12-30-2014, 02:06 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
The marathon has begun! YEAH!
yep1
I got the whole day off I am going to see how far I can get

Old 01-02-2015, 03:44 PM

I made it All the way
I hate how AMC starts off the day with last night Episodes
I've enjoyed re watching these shows and pick up a bunch of stuff i missed the first time.
The Governor was a fricken Psychopath

Old 01-02-2015, 05:34 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I made it All the way
I hate how AMC starts off the day with last night Episodes
I've enjoyed re watching these shows and pick up a bunch of stuff i missed the first time.
The Governor was a fricken Psychopath:shocked:
Yes he was, was worse or or less worse, just a different kind of crazy than Gareth. I can't even imagine a showdown with those two. Two kinds of alpha psycho crazies like them in one general area, not thanks.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:36 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
I'm watching for the first time. It's reminding me of Lost, but with more gore.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Yes he was, was worse or or less worse, just a different kind of crazy than Gareth. I can't even imagine a showdown with those two. Two kinds of alpha psycho crazies like them in one general area, not thanks.
Gareth at lease was easy to figure out (join us or feed us)
The Governor did a pretty good job of making you think, his heart was in the right place, when the whole time he was a Wack Job.
Spoiler
Andrea wanted to be in a relationship so bad that it cost her life

Old 01-03-2015, 11:00 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Gareth at lease was easy to figure out (join us or feed us)
The Governor did a pretty good job of making you think, his heart was in the right place, when the whole time he was a Wack Job.
Spoiler
Andrea wanted to be in a relationship so bad that it cost her life
Very true for the most part. Kareth and his crew set out some nice welcoming bait to trick you and trap you,. once inside terminus that's it. Only then were you let know what the deal was and not before; once in, there wasn't an exit. I can't think of a win in either scenario. Both welcomed you neither were really letting people leave freely. One way or another they both sucked the life out of you.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
I watched a good bit of the marathon. Nice to see old faces and how they've changed so much. It was also nice to see everyone cleanly shaven with a neat head of hair, lol. Maybe they can stumble on a barber in one of these epi's.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:11 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I watched a good bit of the marathon. Nice to see old faces and how they've changed so much. It was also nice to see everyone cleanly shaven with a neat head of hair, lol. Maybe they can stumble on a barber in one of these epi's.
I think it is intended as an external projection of their mindset. I had a history class once where the professor showed a painting of DC from right after the end of the Mexican War. Plenty of colorful clothes, and the men were clean shaven. As he pointed out roughly a decade later all the men would have massive beards, and everyone's clothing would be black. The mental wear of a decade of trying to find a way to keep the country together had an incredible psychological strain on the population that was outwardly projected. Our lovable band of survivor's has largely become feral at this point, and it shows. Whereas groups like Gareth's and Dawn's which are still trying to preserve a civilization of a sort do keep up appearances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV