Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 04:51 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Uh, no. Why would anyone post during the show instead of actually watch it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
live tweeting, posting, etc during a show is pretty common these days.
LOL, that's my thought on the matter to, thefragile, but we are increasingly living in a fast-paced age where people just don't live in and enjoy the moment anymore. People's minds are constantly going a mile a minute, and moving on to the next thing. It's not enough to watch a show anymore, now people are concerned with tweeting about it, and seeing what others are saying about it. People constantly have their noses buried in their phones, pads, computers, etc. People can't watch a sporting event, a concert, or a child's school play, now their attention is more focused on the contraption in their hands ( is it functioning correctly / is it recording ) so they can watch it later, etc.

Hey, whatever blows your hair back I guess. If it makes the experience more enjoyable, go for it! I just hope these people don't come up for air one day and realize they missed everything and regret it. To me, when I'm watching something, my focus has to be completely on whatever I'm watching. I want no distractions whatsoever. I don't even like someone to be up walking around the room when I'm watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 04:09 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
That's going to be a crazy season Finale

Watch it now!
I got a semi Warning yesterday for posting the same response
But i agree with your post!
You got a warning for saying that people should just watch and enjoy the show? Ridiculous.

People get confused because they think they are clever and try to look for inconsistencies in the show. Then they read too much into things and get their little brains all tied up with thoughts.

I really miss TWOP.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:02 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
You got a warning for saying that people should just watch and enjoy the show? Ridiculous.

People get confused because they think they are clever and try to look for inconsistencies in the show. Then they read too much into things and get their little brains all tied up with thoughts.

I really miss TWOP.
Are you kidding? TWOP was way worse when it came to nitpicking. The only difference was that such conversations were separated into separate threads which one could choose to avoid.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:36 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:

I really miss TWOP.
Exactly! What is TWOP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Are you kidding? TWOP was way worse when it came to nitpicking. The only difference was that such conversations were separated into separate threads which one could choose to avoid.
Now that would be nice to avoid posts like questioning facial hair, mown lawns, wondering why someone or something did or didn't do blah blah blah, complaining about lack of realism, etc etc etc.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:21 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Exactly! What is TWOP?

Now that would be nice to avoid posts like questioning facial hair, mown lawns, wondering why someone or something did or didn't do blah blah blah, complaining about lack of realism, etc etc etc.
Television without pity. A defunct reviews and message board.

And yes.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:40 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:

I really miss TWOP.
Yep!

I re watch the show last night and man, "i would be really Leary about giving up my gun at this point"

Old 02-26-2015, 12:56 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
I liked TWOP.

I was horrified when that gate closed and the gang was told to surrender their weapons. All I could think of was Terminus. There HAS to be good people someplace!

Old 02-26-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Yep!

I re watch the show last night and man, "i would be really Leary about giving up my gun at this point"
Agreed. I would be like, "Dude - you came to us. You begged us to come join you. Not the other way around. I didn't come banging on your door."

They trusted them enough to let them inside. Letting them keep their weapons should be no big deal. Let's meet everybody, get the 50c tour and talk about the rules and lay of the land first. Maybe Rick and co would decide not to stay. They shouldn't have to become totally vulnerable to talk and meet everyone.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Agreed. I would be like, "Dude - you came to us. You begged us to come join you. Not the other way around. I didn't come banging on your door."

They trusted them enough to let them inside. Letting them keep their weapons should be no big deal. Let's meet everybody, get the 50c tour and talk about the rules and lay of the land first. Maybe Rick and co would decide not to stay. They shouldn't have to become totally vulnerable to talk and meet everyone.
What? Am I missing something? When did they go thru the gates & give up their weapons? Wow, either I was really drunk when I watched that episode or that scene didn't show up on my episode. Weird, I'll have to rewatch it tonight.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
What? Am I missing something? When did they go thru the gates & give up their weapons? Wow, either I was really drunk when I watched that episode or that scene didn't show up on my episode. Weird, I'll have to rewatch it tonight.
They haven't...yet. Aaron says that they have to right as the episode ends and they have just gotten inside.

The other part of that is Rick supposedly hears children playing and that is his confirmation that everything is okay, but they probably piped that in through the PA. There doesn't seem to be anyone around in the immediate area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV