Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 12:21 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I kinda assumed that the game would be mostly gone due to the walkers. Even though the walkers couldnt "hunt" - I figured that at a certain point they would be so relentless that larger animals like deer would die from exhaustion? Racoons and Possums that were unlucky enough to get tree'd would die of starvation? Farm animals (cows, horses, etc) might live for a while in larger pastures - but once walkers got into there enclosures wouldn't they be goners too?

I don't think there are enough people left to make the rivers full of sludge? if the community was sustainable - might they also be on a septic system vs. municipal sewer?

Of course, there would still be plenty of work /jobs for everyone. They have apple tress - someone has to pick the apples which could be eaten, canned or dried. I'm sure that they are gardening etc.

Solar panels need to be cleaned on a regular basis to remain in working order.

Their security seems a little understaffed. I think that the fence they built is secure from walkers, people not so much. In that case, if they are only "dealing" with walkers while they are on supply runs- it might be better to leave the current walkers lurking about the outside of the fence?
The sewage issues would be during the initial fall of the large cities mostly. Animals could probable hold out for while, They often sense danger and could manage to escape and find places to roam that are less under threat.

I agree about the security. Especially after those guys and their captured walker. No one is watching the fence. There should be a tower of some sort with 24 hour watch. Also that house nearby should have been knocked down. A roving gang could easily take up residence and stay hidden while watching and planning an attack. There was some evidence this may be occurring now as it looked like a makeshift camp was set up, That looked like a tent from where that walker grabbed ricks leg.

Also with he lax security, an incident even with one walker getting in could be a disaster. I think one of those gun toting frat boys might get bit and try to 'tough it out". All bad news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 03:17 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,955,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I kinda assumed that the game would be mostly gone due to the walkers. Even though the walkers couldnt "hunt" - I figured that at a certain point they would be so relentless that larger animals like deer would die from exhaustion? Racoons and Possums that were unlucky enough to get tree'd would die of starvation? Farm animals (cows, horses, etc) might live for a while in larger pastures - but once walkers got into there enclosures wouldn't they be goners too?

I don't think there are enough people left to make the rivers full of sludge? if the community was sustainable - might they also be on a septic system vs. municipal sewer?

Of course, there would still be plenty of work /jobs for everyone. They have apple tress - someone has to pick the apples which could be eaten, canned or dried. I'm sure that they are gardening etc.

Solar panels need to be cleaned on a regular basis to remain in working order.

Their security seems a little understaffed. I think that the fence they built is secure from walkers, people not so much. In that case, if they are only "dealing" with walkers while they are on supply runs- it might be better to leave the current walkers lurking about the outside of the fence?
Deanna mentioned something about how it was made to be a sustainable community with solar & wind power, plus cisterns to collect water and some sort of eco-sewage thing as well (not sure of her exact wording, but I know there are a few buildings that actually recycle almost all their waste...)

Old 03-08-2015, 07:55 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,757,421 times
Sasha aint ready. Got PTSD.

Horses cant catch a break.

Rick makes a move.

I think Aaron is going to try to "recruit" Daryl over to his team.

Carol ain't playin'.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:16 PM

828 posts, read 907,301 times
Was the horse symbolism? Or straightforward?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:30 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,525,658 times
Carol just rocks it. Look at the flowers and eat the cookies.

When I saw the "A" stamp, I couldn't help but remember the A car at Terminus.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:38 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,495,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
Was the horse symbolism? Or straightforward?
Buttons was in the comics. Straightforward.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:41 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,010,364 times
Watching Carol is scary.

She was threatening that little kid and I had a little pee come out myself.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:53 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,495,519 times
The wolves are coming.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:08 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,310,567 times
Whoa! OMG! Carol scared me to death.

Even Rick scared me when he reached for his gun.

And the cocktail party bothered me....then again, cocktail parties have always bugged me.

This was an excellent episode.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:10 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Pretty good episode, but I really hope it doesn't turn in to a soap opera, as much as some people would like it to.

I think Rick reaching for the gun when Jessie and her husband walked by and then catching himself was just a reinforcement that these characters have been reduced to their most basest of instincts. They've been away from it so long that they have no idea how to conduct themselves in a civilized society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV