Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 06:56 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,283,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Will Morgan be horrified at the fact that Rick just executed a man right in front of him, given that he apparently has a new lease on life and "all life is precious"
This will probably be a major theme of next season. Morgan managed to maintain his humanity and his only weapon is a stick. Rick has become a blood thirsty animal and he has a small army at his disposal. That disparity sets up all sorts of possible storylines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 07:08 AM

5,505 posts, read 7,097,864 times
I wish they would cut out all the crap on Talking Dead and just stick with the guests interviews. Who cares about polls, surveys and those idiots who call in and Skype. It's all a waste of time, I want to hear conversation with Chris Hardwick and the guests and that's it!

I think Michonne and Morgan will hook up and be a force to reckoned with!

I also thought Daryl and Aaron were going to hook up in the car. There seems to be some kind of connection with those two.

And does anyone else think that Deanna looks like a walker herself?

Old 03-31-2015, 08:58 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,241,750 times
‘The Walking Dead’ Season Finale Broke Ratings Record

can you imagine, 15 million people? Wow.....

Old 03-31-2015, 09:06 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,880,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
‘The Walking Dead’ Season Finale Broke Ratings Record

can you imagine, 15 million people? Wow.....
I sure hope all those freakin' commercials were really, really expensive.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:06 AM

1,784 posts, read 2,380,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wolves eat their prey. Think they will also turn out to be people eaters ?
I doubt it, the show already presented cannibals. It's hard to say what motivates the Wolves other than their desire to take people's supplies. Also, the Wolves' victims seem to be left uneaten since we see all the walkers with a "W" carved on their heads.

Since it appears that the conflict for next season will involve this new group, I hope the writers do something different with them or give them a really interesting leader. The plot of Rick's group meeting a hostile competing group has been done three times already: Woodbury, the Governor's second group, and Terminus.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:11 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,752,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Seems sort of academic. There's clearly something in some of their fluids that leads to death in humans within within a day or two.
It does, but it isn't. It is clearly tied specifically to the teeth and biting. No other way has been demonstrated. Morgan hinted that possibly being scratched might do it in the first episode, but the show left it that and no one has turned that way. It has to be a bite. Bite gives you a fever. Fever kills you, you turn. The only thing that has changed here lately is that it happens in minutes as opposed to varying times up to several hours.

Quote:
Which raises the question, how did the victims who wrote that note have time to write after they found out that it was in fact "bad people" coming for them?

Did they say to the Wolves "ok, let me just write this note forewarning your future victims that you are bad people, and then you can kill me" or do whatever it is they'd do with people they found in the car...
Fair question. But I think it takes some time for them to clear the trap to get to the car. Once the techno music comes on and the walkers start heading for the trailers, it would take a least a few moments for the Wolves to come in the gate and get to the car. Probably enough time to scribble out a quick note.

Quote:
Although I suppose a wife could have hurriedly scribbled that note and slid it between the seats as the Wolves were preoccupied with killing her husband, who knows?
Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Seriously. What the hell? I watch this show with the volume going through my stereo. I have it set so I can hear the dialogue. But whenever the action heats up it gets so loud it scares the ***** out of my dog and literally rattles my house.
I know tell me about it. I get my kids to bed before it comes on, and then I'm constantly fighting with my channels on the 5.1 so that the center isn't too loud where the dialogue comes from - but so do the sound effects. Then I quickly mute it when the commercials come on.

Quote:
They built up all that pressure and suspense, making us think that someone was going to die and in the end, no one did. At least no one from our group anyway. Was I the only one that was pretty convinced someone was going to get the axe?
I was, but I thought we'd already had such thematic deaths with Tyrese and Noah, that it couldn't be topped thematically so quickly. I really thought Tara would die as a consequence of the fighting between Rick and Pete and we'd have a traumatic death that didn't directly have to do with zombies.

Quote:
Are we supposed to just pretend that we didn't see those flames shoot out of that walkers eyes and mouth that Rick supposedly "squeezed" to death?
I couldn't quite figure out what he was doing, and it was just plain nasty so I tried not to think about it.

Quote:
Are we really going to have to suffer another season with Sasha, Father Gabriel, and Nicholas? I was SO hoping Sasha would get red-shirted. I guess as long as she gets off her high horse and drops her attitude, it won't be so bad.
Sasha is just whacked out. She's really a lot closer to reality then a lot of them I think. Being able to cope and function is a necessity for the show to keep moving sanely - I realize. But in real life, the odds are pretty good one of them would go full auto and shoot everybody else when they are all crowded around. At least Sasha keeps her guns pointed at the bad guys. They probably should just leave her ass alone.

Quote:
Gimple wrote a note that, which was read on Talking Dead, that said that "people have been the bigger threat for a long while now, that will change next season"...... doesn't seem like it, given that The Wolves are lurking about, but I guess we'll see what happens.
I hope so. I want to see mass quantities of zombies and huge fights and broad sets for a change. Enough woods and small buildings. They've got the money. Let's rent a couple of city blocks like they did in the first episode.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:27 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,016,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Seriously. What the hell? I watch this show with the volume going through my stereo. I have it set so I can hear the dialogue. But whenever the action heats up it gets so loud it scares the ***** out of my dog and literally rattles my house.
and God help you if you don't get to the remote fast enough when the show breaks to commercials....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
SOMEbody is going to have to pay for my eardrum transplants!!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:28 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,871,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Yes, darkly-lit scenes and mumbled or whispered lines are the norm now in tv and movies.

But when it's time for music or gunfire, they blast your eardrums. Last week, when Sasha went wandering through the woods to shoot walkers right and left, I laughed when the closed caption read
"[silenced gunshots]". I could see the silencer on her rifle but those shots were LOUD.
Actually, that would then be more accurate then the typical movie version of a silenced weapon (the air "pffft" sound). Weapons fired with silencers are still loud gunshots, not like you see on TV, just not AS loud and more focused.

Last edited by Dd714; 03-31-2015 at 09:44 AM..

Old 03-31-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post

Tracy, did you happen to watch the Talking Dead? Man what crazies call in? I mean, really? That girl sitting there with nothing on top? My God, what is wrong with people? guess I'm getting old...

Last edited by cremebrulee; 03-31-2015 at 09:54 AM..

Old 03-31-2015, 09:48 AM

When my doggie was still alive, always the next morning after watching the WD, it is dark when I walked him, and always would hear strange noises and be creeped out while walking him....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV