Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 06:45 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Ok everyone... I have NOT read the comments on last night's premier, so I don't know what happened. Here's my question: I went to buy the epi on Amazon Prime... and IT'S NOT THERE!!! Is that option gone???? Does that mean I have to upgrade my satellite package???? NOOOOOO!!!!!
Here it is...

https://www.amazon.com/First-Time-Ag...t-video&sr=1-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 07:01 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think Gabriel has gone off the deep end and is the one sounding the horn to draw the horde to Alexandria.
I thought about that, the name and the horn. Gabriel come blow your horn. Don't know if the writers even think of stuff like that though.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:08 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Thank you for the link... I don't know why it didn't turn up in my search.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:22 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well.. I give them a little leeway on the whole Alexandria thing.. But.. A quarry? That was reaching.. Over-reaching, in fact. you have to get in the 'suspend disbelief' mode, like I had to do with '24'.. I mean, I loved that show, but, if you start picking it apart, it became much less enjoyable.
How was it reaching?

I don't think any show would be enjoyable if you really started nitpicking every little thing.

Quote:
As for there being area for this in the real Alexandria.. Find it. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Al...c1012c!6m1!1e1
The Walking dead is not a documentary. Its a fictional show. The planned community of Alexandria is fictional and will not be found on any map.

Let's just pretend that in the Walking Dead universe there was some sort of catastrophic event (earthquake, fire, terrorist attack, ape mutiny... Pick one) which resulted in several acres being destroyed. Instead of simply rebuilding, they cleared the area and created a planned community of the future. They named the community Alexandria and built homes starting at $800,000.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:01 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I found the walkers falling off the cliff, "Funny as hell"
Me too, that was great.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Here we go, another season where people post as if they never even watched the episode. Who are those people? Why did this happen? How can you not know if you sit down & watch the episode? It's not rocket science.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:06 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
If I was Alexandria's head constable, I would have left them in the quarry. Drawing other walkers away from the settlement is a plus. Conversely, what happens when they quarry fills to the point it overflows the man-made barriers? Could that happen at all? No one knows the number of walkers out there, but it could be millions.
If you look at the photo below:

That quarry could hold tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands more walkers with no problem and even when the bottom is full, the walkers would probably just pile on in layers one on top of the other and so the number that that quarry could hold is MASSIVE and probably take years to fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Again. ONE OF THE TRUCKS COLLAPSED IN THE QUARRY. They were going to get out anyway. With Rick's plan it was a CONTROLLED RELEASE that they were forced to do quicker than they wanted because the COLLAPSED TRUCK OPENED THE OTHER END.
The thing that you have to remember is there was AT LEAST several days from the time that Rick and Morgan found the quarry and the time that they went back to the pit to implement Rick's plan. I don't recall if the show said how many days past but definitely it was a few at least hence:

- Rick was able to get a plan together and then present it to everyone at the meeting
- Go over the plans with Carter on what he needed to build
- Go out and build the wall, line up the cars and get all the equipment etc ready for the day they were going to let the walkers out
- Have time to go out and do a dry run before they were supposed to do it for real the next day before that trailer went fell over and they had to implement the plan ASAP

Again that had to be at least a few days gone by and with that much time they could've instead:

- drive a bunch of cars to both quarry exits and line them up at a 45 degree angle and create a temporary wall that could be manned by people who would kill any walkers that happen to get over that temp wall
- have everyone bring all those corrugated metal sheets and other stuff to the site and build that same metal wall that they did in the episode and build it at a 45 degree angle so that any walkers that reached the wall would be redirected back into the pit.
- once the wall is up, you can use heavy equipment either at the quarry or at that Alexandria construction site and use those machines to move big boulders and rocks and place them behind the wall to reinforce it and make it solid and impossible to move

They could've did all that in the same timeframe and it would've made MUCH more sense as that solution would be permanent short of other people using explosives to blow up that wall or using heavy equipment to move all those rocks out of the way.

The bottom line is that there was more than enough time to create a temporary car wall to hold the horde back while Rick and Co went and built a permanent wall behind it. Rick's plan was just bad and as I said even if it was 100% successful, it would only be a temporary solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah; I've liked them all except Lori and Andrea. Gabriel could die any day and I won't be missing any of the Alexandria people because I don't really know them.

Glen and Maggie? If I HAD to pick someone from the old cast to bite it - it would probably be one of them.
I really want at least some of those Alexandrians to live for a good long while like Jessie. I don't give a crap about his son Ron though, he can die anytime now.

And I most definitely DO NOT WANT either of Glenn or Maggie to die. I really love those two and I want to see them survive because they're both such good people. And really I don't want any of the old cast to die. They've gotten this far and have survived for this long, I really don't want any of them to go.

Also I'll say it again, I know people always joke about black characters being killed off, but at least there ARE black characters that constantly get on the show for them to be killed. We're at season 6 and Glenn STILL IS THE ONLY major asian character on the show EVER. Unless I'm missing someone I can literally only remember Glenn and that asian guy who was one of the Governor's cronies as being the only asians on the show thus far. So if Glenn is killed off, who's going to represent asian people?

Old 10-12-2015, 09:48 PM

934 posts, read 1,128,317 times
This is a super long thread and I've just come into it....can someone tell me? Where's Carl? did I forget something?

Old 10-12-2015, 10:06 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,656 times
Caaaaaaaaarrrrrl

Old 10-12-2015, 10:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynach View Post
This is a super long thread and I've just come into it....can someone tell me? Where's Carl? did I forget something?
Carl died about 8 seasons ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV