Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 04:58 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,704,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I don't call anything that's potentially life-saving, time-wasting. There's also the possibility that some of the Termites survive, regroup, and then continue eating people. They were a threat to everyone, not just Rick's group. It was dumb not to finish them off. And most viewers during the Talking Dead agreed that they should have finished them off.
I understand that, but the characters are not aware of Talking Dead polls, they don't matter. I even agree that they should finish them off. But your original point was that the group is just diametrically opposed to killing live humans as being the reason why they don't want to do it is what I am responding to. Abraham makes his reasoning quite clear and that appears to be the consensus, and he makes it a point to mention that Terminus is burning down - so no more "trap". No one had any problems shooting back at Termites while they were fighting their way out. Now, it just seems like Rick is being painted as becoming blood thirsty and vengeful rather then everyone else counting their blessings, happy everyone is alive and well and getting the hell out of there. Finishing them off means going back into the midst of a herd - and that's not easy or safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 PM

603 posts, read 835,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
In "The Wire."
Ah. Didn't know that. I'd like to catch The Wire on Netflix.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:42 PM

8,748 posts, read 9,440,097 times
It just dawned on me why Rick may have been so heck bent on taking out the rest of the terminus bunch. He didn't take out the gov when he had the opportunity and then there was the gang that Daryl pared up with that came after him and those he cared for. So right or wrong, it's possible, he didn't want to leave things to chance if he didn't have to in that moment. I didn't get it at first, but the more I think on it, maybe it's not just him becoming a crazed blood thirty fool. But if on the other hand he is becoming the latter, then look for his ticket to be up in the not so far distance so Carole can move in to the lead roll.

Btw, there is no leader, they had already voted long ago shared leadership, so, I also imagine that will still be partly in place to some degree. Carol was already in a lead position and I think Rich has new found respect and he admitted he expressed he understood why she did what she had to do. It was a line spoken between them in this past episode.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:09 PM

1,962 posts, read 2,698,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
It's a "don't miss," but that's for another thread.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:10 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,455,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
It's not on Netflix. If you have Amazon Prime, you can watch the entire series for free on Amazon.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:38 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,704,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
It just dawned on me why Rick may have been so heck bent on taking out the rest of the terminus bunch. He didn't take out the gov when he had the opportunity and then there was the gang that Daryl pared up with that came after him and those he cared for. So right or wrong, it's possible, he didn't want to leave things to chance if he didn't have to in that moment. I didn't get it at first, but the more I think on it, maybe it's not just him becoming a crazed blood thirty fool. But if on the other hand he is becoming the latter, then look for his ticket to be up in the not so far distance so Carole can move in to the lead roll.

Btw, there is no leader, they had already voted long ago shared leadership, so, I also imagine that will still be partly in place to some degree. Carol was already in a lead position and I think Rich has new found respect and he admitted he expressed he understood why she did what she had to do. It was a line spoken between them in this past episode.
Yes I agree that is the practical reason. He may believe that the Termites will track his group down and kill them when they least expect it. People in this show are expert trackers and apparently finding a couple of vehicles and putting hundreds of miles between them is just out of the question impossible even though Abraham seems to think that is the best course of action.

But I also think they are showing the thin line between blood thirsty Rick and the Gov and the Termites.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:56 PM

828 posts, read 904,729 times
Is it possible to watch complete "Talking Dead" episodes? I couldn't find a way to on amc.com.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:50 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,290,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
Is it possible to watch complete "Talking Dead" episodes? I couldn't find a way to on amc.com.
Talking Dead - AMC - Full Episodes

Old 10-14-2014, 10:25 PM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I just caught the season premiere episode.

Was pretty intense stuff, That scene in the beginning them all lined up at the trough, that was just brutal. I also think that the sort of pushed the line a bit too much, I was pretty damn disturbed seeing that.

They really upped the gore factor too.

The other scene where I forget the guys name but he's the guy with the baby, and how he screaming he's not gonna do it as he brutally beatin that dude down.

That was disturbing to watch the humanity leaving that guys face.

The reunion with carol was intense, the way Daryl ran over to and hugged her like he did.
I agree...it was just over the top on the gore. I had to hold my hands in front of my eyes more than once. I just don't see where it is a good thing, in any possible way, to subject an audience to that. I had a friend on FB announce that she let her 13 year old son watch this episode (his first time watching TWD) because he was begging...and she regretted it. I would never have let my son watch this show at that age....and I told her that. Much worse than that - a friend of hers commented that she let her 5 year old grandaughter watch it as she loved it. Seriously??

Old 10-14-2014, 11:36 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,707,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I agree...it was just over the top on the gore. I had to hold my hands in front of my eyes more than once. I just don't see where it is a good thing, in any possible way, to subject an audience to that. I had a friend on FB announce that she let her 13 year old son watch this episode (his first time watching TWD) because he was begging...and she regretted it. I would never have let my son watch this show at that age....and I told her that. Much worse than that - a friend of hers commented that she let her 5 year old grandaughter watch it as she loved it. Seriously??
Just so you know, the comic books, from which the show was created, was 10 times worse than what is shown on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV