Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 12:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Morgan is not afraid to kill the wolf.

He is making a choice not to. Huge difference.
Not to the people who might be hurt by the Wolf.

I still maintain that it is fear that keeps him from doing it; fear that he will lose his newly discovered grasp on reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 12:09 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
I recognized Jeffrey Dean Morgan's name, but was having trouble putting a face with it.....

Went to his IMDB page and discovered that I have not seen a SINGLE thing he has been in....

Old 11-30-2015, 12:13 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
No doubt. You just have to assume if you stop you are dead.

Those fools looking all casual with their Harley roadblock would've gotten a rude awakening if it had been me. Either Abe or Sasha could've started shooting, or they could duck down with me as I put the hammer down and blasted right through them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
It would have been very tempting indeed, tough call either way. Do you chance a flat tire and perhaps armor piercing bullets or do you stop and risk getting imprisoned or killed. They are a seasoned and smart trio though, they probably made the right decision.
Let me clarify, I said otherwise, in if Negan's men weren't so heavily armed, they would have been wise to take a chance, but, with those men having all those guns, they really didn't have a chance of evading those motorcycles and being taken out, so, yes, I think they did the right thing more or less under the circumstances. I don't think that truck had much going for it in the speed department, but, if those guys weren't so heavily armed, the trio may have had a fighting chance if they had to take them on after maming few of them with the truck.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:18 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Sure, it had aired for you. But, when the spoilers were being posted, folks in Hawaii had not seen it yet.
*sigh*...this has been addressed already. The consensus is spoiler tags are not needed (it was a big aggravation in the Survivor thread as well). I do believe people have the will power not to visit a forum thread for 3 or 4 hours. That one page a few pages back with all the spoiler tags is near laughably incoherent.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:19 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatteredthunder View Post
I got the impression that Sam wasn't very well coached for the exit. He seems old enough that he could have understood the danger of the situation, but from what we saw, Jessie didn't really prepare him for what he needed to do (and not do).

I thought it was frustrating that more wasn't accomplished (and now have to wait until February), but I didn't think it was as bad as many make it out to be.
It's pretty sad when you have a pretty young toddler that's apparently doing better than Sam. Of course, most toddlers would not be well behaved when they have a dank covering on them and everyone's tensed.

The instructions Jessie imparted should have been enough for 10yo (or however old he supposed to be). Sam should have better self control, but he's unfortunately damaged goods-- if he actually grows up, I can't fathom him being (relatively) well adjusted.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:36 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,015,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Although I thought the opening segment with the ants was clever, the ending left a lot to be desired. Not really a cliffhanger, just an annoying kid "mom mom". If that was a real older brother behind him, he would have smacked him on the head saying "dude shut up".

I have the feeling, after watching the Talking Dead, the February 14th opener will be pretty darn good.
Can only hope. I kept waiting for something to happen and finally checked my watch... 9:52... Well that sucks.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:50 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatteredthunder View Post
I got the impression that Sam wasn't very well coached for the exit. He seems old enough that he could have understood the danger of the situation, but from what we saw, Jessie didn't really prepare him for what he needed to do (and not do).

I thought it was frustrating that more wasn't accomplished (and now have to wait until February), but I didn't think it was as bad as many make it out to be.
It seems like both of Jessie's kids are not coached very well & nor do they have acceptable grip on reality. Her one son hides in his room from fear & all she can tell him is 'pretend you are not afraid". Her other son decides to fight and shoot with Carl when they are surrounded by zombies. Why are these kids so messed up? oh wait they grew up watching their mom get beat up by their dad & are damaged in too many ways

Old 11-30-2015, 04:13 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,501,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I wonder where the story line would have gone if Frank Darabond was never let go?
It would have gone the same place. Why? Because what we see is what happened in the comics.

Sure, they make changes but the story line is still 95% faithful to the comics. The comics came out in 2003. They aren't going to alienate a decade old fanbase.

If you want to complain, complain about Robert Kirkman.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:07 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,907 times
First half of this season was really disjointed.....aside from the Morgan episode which I thought was terrible, the other episodes were a mishmash of the good, the bad & the indifferent. Just a guess, but I think the writers got lost in the anticipation of the arrival of Negan in the second half of the season. As for Morgan.....the writers have made an absolute mess of his character.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:02 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,504 times
I rarely ever say this but... I was disappointed in that episode.

Part of it was probably because I expected something else to happen (which will probably happen in the second half season premiere), and part of it was just that people acted so annoying:

Jesse, get your house in order, girl! I liked you and felt bad for you, but your parenting skills blow. Why is your older son stupid enough to break a window so walkers can get in? Why is your younger son stupid enough to talk in the middle of a zombie crowd? It's clear that both of them have Porchdick's genes. I'm so over your family. Please get eaten now.

Carol, Wtf? I know you wanted to kill that idiot downstairs, but it could've waited a minute until the zombie block party outside ended. And I know you are tough and badass, but you are also a very thin middle aged woman. Did you really think you could fight someone training in martial arts? And Morgan, stop it with the hippie BS. I was on board until this all happened. Now one of the only Alexandrians I give a crap about is being abducted by a crazy man and taken into a sea of walkers. Jesus.

Deanna, I liked you. Why'd you have to get bitten? And where's your son? And you'll probably regret wasting that last bullet when your insides are being nibbled on.

Oh, and to all the people on this board who always ask "why don't they just walk around with zombie guts on them all day herp derp derp," do you see NOW what a PItA it is to coordinate it? Especially with a stupid kid who's apparently losing his marbles because he isn't eating cookies.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I had to wait so long to watch it, because I didn't get my Internet hooked up until 7 pm tonight, and I had built it up in my head (partially because of all the buzz that it was supposed to be an "explosive" episode) and now I'm disappointed.

At least now I know that I've been pronouncing Negan correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV