Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2016, 02:27 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
I kept picturing a "Jolene" kind of lady.
flaming locks of auburn hair, with ivory skin and eyes of emerald green? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 02:46 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times
Wow, so this show is fast becoming amateur hour and is testing my resolve of sticking with it. Enough with these idiotic cliffhangers! I would have been more impressed with them if the scene had cut to black right when we hear Dwight's gun's and we just skipped the whole "is Daryl dead?!?" nonsense! It didn't work when they tried it with Glenn so I have no clue why they thought it would work with Daryl. And how much do you want to bet that next week's episode will not open up with either Daryl dead on the ground or injured but w/ some non-related bs like how Morgan got that horse he's riding in the sneak peek, or him catching up w/ that guy looking for the horse and the two of them chatting about post-apocalypse homesteading.

And enough with making competent people idiots just so the bad guys look less idiotic. We've seen ten thousand instances of our Grimes Gang getting the drop on the Saviors (even wee Carol can take down 6 armed Saviors just by playing, once again, the weak damsel). So when we need the Saviors to capture our guys, what do they do? They either have our guys experience an existential crisis at a bad moment (Carol when she and Maggie got captured) or have them forget all of their skills and training they've built up over the years. Daryl is a savant-level tracker when we need him to be but somehow missed the very guy he's looking for? Are all the Saviors masters at covering their tracks? And why would they be covering their tracks or even hanging around in that forest? Why are Glenn and Michonne having long convos in the middle of the forest while they are tracking a dangerous foe? Why the hell are ANY of them out there at all? Did they learn nothing from the Wolves attack about keeping competent fighters at the base? Or about keeping Glenn's butt at home w/ his pregnant wife and pretend they have some responsibility for this new life they've created?

I'm getting annoyed with this show and have only stuck with it this far because I know how the comics play out and was looking forward to the introduction of Negan and the other settlements. But now I'm almost certain that they will blotch that as well by relying on yet another cheap "is ____ dead?!?" cliffhanger, a cliffhanger, BTW, that will immediately be spoiled by casting and filming news just like all the other cliffhangers before.

Okay, ending my rant now.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:12 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Wow, so this show is fast becoming amateur hour and is testing my resolve of sticking with it. Enough with these idiotic cliffhangers! I would have been more impressed with them if the scene had cut to black right when we hear Dwight's gun's and we just skipped the whole "is Daryl dead?!?" nonsense! It didn't work when they tried it with Glenn so I have no clue why they thought it would work with Daryl. And how much do you want to bet that next week's episode will not open up with either Daryl dead on the ground or injured but w/ some non-related bs like how Morgan got that horse he's riding in the sneak peek, or him catching up w/ that guy looking for the horse and the two of them chatting about post-apocalypse homesteading.

And enough with making competent people idiots just so the bad guys look less idiotic. We've seen ten thousand instances of our Grimes Gang getting the drop on the Saviors (even wee Carol can take down 6 armed Saviors just by playing, once again, the weak damsel). So when we need the Saviors to capture our guys, what do they do? They either have our guys experience an existential crisis at a bad moment (Carol when she and Maggie got captured) or have them forget all of their skills and training they've built up over the years. Daryl is a savant-level tracker when we need him to be but somehow missed the very guy he's looking for? Are all the Saviors masters at covering their tracks? And why would they be covering their tracks or even hanging around in that forest? Why are Glenn and Michonne having long convos in the middle of the forest while they are tracking a dangerous foe? Why the hell are ANY of them out there at all? Did they learn nothing from the Wolves attack about keeping competent fighters at the base? Or about keeping Glenn's butt at home w/ his pregnant wife and pretend they have some responsibility for this new life they've created?

I'm getting annoyed with this show and have only stuck with it this far because I know how the comics play out and was looking forward to the introduction of Negan and the other settlements. But now I'm almost certain that they will blotch that as well by relying on yet another cheap "is ____ dead?!?" cliffhanger, a cliffhanger, BTW, that will immediately be spoiled by casting and filming news just like all the other cliffhangers before.

Excellent rant! I have to say I posted somewhere I was having moments of deja vu hearing the Benny hill music playing in the background once again like for the clip where Rick and Daryl were chasing Jesus.

Having said that I'm still hopeful and longing forward to something redeemable to make season 7 returning for, likely as vested in some of the chapters as I am I'll be back no matter.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:33 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,886,893 times
It's clearly not an "Is Daryl dead" cliffhanger. They made it pretty clear on Talking Dead that he is still alive, unlike when we weren't sure about Glenn. Besides, everyone knows that next week will end in a cliffhanger (it's not even a spoiler, since it's all over the internet that there will be a "who died" cliffhanger and we won't know who until October).

Old 03-28-2016, 05:19 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
For me the problem isn't so much the cliffhangers, I post cliffhangers in the he smiled thread, very few surprises come to me when the episodes air; it's how they are making the characters seem like deef combat workers one minute or week and bumbling announcing to to anyone within five miles here we are come pick use off one by one. The group is too well trained for that silly scenario they put before us, but, it is done and on to the next fiasco.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:58 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,032 times
If anyone dies in the finale, its going to be all Daryl's fault. If he doesn't leave, Glenn, Michonne and Rosita wouldn't have gone out after him and none of them would be where they are now. And really what was Daryl thinking going out alone trying to find Dwight himself? Even if he did find him, what was he going to do against Dwight when he's with a bunch of people? Wait until he has to take a dump or something and then kill him? Just seems like Darly should've been smarter than carry a grudge that he felt needed to be settle ASAP instead of either letting it go or waiting until down the line when he might meet Dwight again before dealing with him then.

Also although it was kinda dumb to be talking while standing in the middle of a forest where danger might be lurking, I can semi-forgive them for doing that since the majority of times they go out it seems like they don't see or meet up with anyone that's alive and hence they're use to being alone and not always being on alert for danger. But yeah I still wish they would've made sure they were on their way home before they started talking instead of getting distracted.

Also why does Carol feel the need to leave instead of just not going out of Alexandria for a while if she feels she can't kill anymore? Maybe just spend some time helping to build the community and only kill if someone invades Alexandria.

Still kinda bummed out that Denise died last week as I actually liked her and wished she would've survived longer. And hoping next week no one dies in the finale although chances are low that that's going to happen. I really don't want to lose anyone that's been on the show for a long time.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:46 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Daryl must have lost his tracker senses. This is what, the third time Dwight has snuck up on him? I think Daryl just got shot in the shoulder, he should be good in a day or two.

I don't know why they went after Carol. What part of don't come after me didn't they understand?

The finale looks like it's going to be depressing. I'm afraid to watch.
To me it looked like he shot someone else or something else entirely but someone from the show was on TTD and said it was his shoulder.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post

There is no cliffhanger. They made it clear he wasn't shot in the head. Dwight said 'you'll be ok'.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
If anyone dies in the finale, its going to be all Daryl's fault. If he doesn't leave, Glenn, Michonne and Rosita wouldn't have gone out after him and none of them would be where they are now. And really what was Daryl thinking going out alone trying to find Dwight himself? Even if he did find him, what was he going to do against Dwight when he's with a bunch of people? Wait until he has to take a dump or something and then kill him? Just seems like Darly should've been smarter than carry a grudge that he felt needed to be settle ASAP instead of either letting it go or waiting until down the line when he might meet Dwight again before dealing with him then.

Also although it was kinda dumb to be talking while standing in the middle of a forest where danger might be lurking, I can semi-forgive them for doing that since the majority of times they go out it seems like they don't see or meet up with anyone that's alive and hence they're use to being alone and not always being on alert for danger. But yeah I still wish they would've made sure they were on their way home before they started talking instead of getting distracted.

Also why does Carol feel the need to leave instead of just not going out of Alexandria for a while if she feels she can't kill anymore? Maybe just spend some time helping to build the community and only kill if someone invades Alexandria.

Still kinda bummed out that Denise died last week as I actually liked her and wished she would've survived longer. And hoping next week no one dies in the finale although chances are low that that's going to happen. I really don't want to lose anyone that's been on the show for a long time.
Well, that's the thing. She said people will always want what we have. She doesn't want to keep killing to defend it and the people.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:19 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
There is no cliffhanger. They made it clear he wasn't shot in the head. Dwight said 'you'll be ok'.
Yeah, I never thought he was dead, or even that he might be dead. I'm actually surprised at the amount of people comparing it to Glenn's cliffhanger. Sure he got shot. But Dwight saying "you'll be ok" is a pretty good indicator that he isn't laying on the ground dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV