Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2016, 12:28 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

I just thought of something.....
what would be more shocking than if Negan beat a woman to death...that wouldn't show weakness at all as defined by their way of thinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 12:34 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
^Why can't you accept that the source material is what it is. The production team is telling the story they want to tell.

Maybe you would do better with a show not based on comics. To all of your criticisms above, I say, "yep" since I've read the comics. Now what? It's not going to change.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:38 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What shark exactly? We all knew Negan was coming in this final episode & we all knew he was going to kill someone. There is no shark.

The "SHARK" is in reference to a Happy Days episode where the FONZ on water skis jumped a shark in a cage. It was widely heralded as the end of Happy Days and now the term "jumping the Shark has become synonymous with a TV show in its demise.

I'm just saying that many people are being very critical of the way this last episode was handled and it does make one wonder where the group will go from here.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:42 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
I still can't see why people are complaining. This episode was told like a great story and introduced several new storylines for next season.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:46 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
^Why can't you accept that the source material is what it is. The production team is telling the story they want to tell.
Because in the beginning AMC took what was a pretty juvenile slasher book and turned it into a gripping drama about what survival would be like. TWD was not like any other zombie flick that had ever come before it, save for "World War Z." Zombie films were horror or horror/black comedy movies that only dealt with people running from/getting eaten by/fighting back against zombies. Nothing had ever gone past an initial outbreak. AMC focused less on the violence while still acknowledging that it was a factor, and developed the interpersonal conflicts and technical challenges of living in such an environment. Terminus was an excellent example of this-human beings forced into situations where they can either accept death, compromise their morals and basic decency to survive, or, if possible, find another way.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:57 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The "SHARK" is in reference to a Happy Days episode where the FONZ on water skis jumped a shark in a cage. It was widely heralded as the end of Happy Days and now the term "jumping the Shark has become synonymous with a TV show in its demise.

I'm just saying that many people are being very critical of the way this last episode was handled and it does make one wonder where the group will go from here.
Yes, I know what jumping the shark means & why it came about. What I'm saying is, there was no jumping the shark moment in the finale.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:58 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:

Maybe you would do better with a show not based on comics. To all of your criticisms above, I say, "yep" since I've read the comics. Now what? It's not going to change.
I don't read the comics?

and I'm always thinking ahead.....

I can't accept, I'm a thinker.....and a what if, person, love cliff hangers....

Old 04-05-2016, 01:06 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Agreed.

Negan is just a caricature designed to stimulate the LCD of comic book lover. He has his harem. His bully boys and they have unlimited resources and time to explore whatever his whims desire. Zombies are not a threat to them. In fact, nothing our group has faced will be a problem for them. Just having a large group like that is an issue once people get hungry but we are supposed to believe that there is always another group for him to go bash a skull in and take half their stuff. Never any herds in the way, no sickness, no missing parts and no McGuffins to worry about. Somebody like Dwight escapes with his life and 1 out of 2 women and has Daryl's motorcycle and weapons and what does he do? Goes back to psychotic dictator. Not likely. Who rewards him by burning his face and not killing him. Not likely. Who then puts him charge of his own squad. Not likely. Who now has the ability to track and beat Daryl at his own game. Not likely.

These past couple of episodes have been very contrived with broad lapses of logic in order to set the characters up for these very comic book type situations.
So true, I get there's a huge comic book fan base, but, I and many others don't and probably haven't picked up a comic book since third grade, so, giving the rest of us comic fare just isn't doing it for us. I tuned in for the TV show not knowing anything about there having been a comic book, but, when I did hear of the cb mostly we kept hearing the TV series was not an exact replica especially that it wasn't as brutally sadistic. After hearing of some of what was done to many of the main characters, I was doubly happy they weren't following the comic and had created a show somewhat different for TV viewing, but it appears they've decided to appease the comic fanbase and incorporate more of the most sadistic nature of the comics, I imagine this will go over well for some, not so much for others.

I kind of wish I had known ahead of time like before I first started watching, that the show had all these other Governor types on the horizon as the continuing theme, maybe, I wouldn't have gotten so vested in seeing what happens to certain characters. Sigh. Sorry, but, I'm just having a hard time with the continued brutality and torture of the characters with no end of this in sight. Though I do know negans reign will end, I may skip season 7. Maybe. Likely lying to myself, but,something has to give.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:06 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:

I stopped reading the comic. I also saw the first 2-3 seasons of the show before I ever read any of the comic. I like the show better. I also don't want to know ahead of time what happens or even what might happen especially since they have said they are going to follow the comic more closely. The early years of the show was more interesting because of the struggle to survive and the conflict among the core characters.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:14 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
It's just going to be a bloody burp for the next season and maybe season 8 then things will probably calm down. Been waiting for Neagan since the start of the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV