Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 08:37 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
They didn't ruin it. It's pretty much always been kinda bad. It's always had great acting and absolutely terrible writing. Problem is, the longer the show goes on the harder it is to hid the terrible writing.

If they had better writers just imagine TWD...

It's like down to season 3 levels, and it's seeing steeper declines per episode than the last few seasons.

I've been that way for a couple seasons. While I've always been able to find some amusement, the last few episodes have been absolute yawn feasts I've had difficulty staying awake through.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stretch Negan into another season. I think there's still quite a bit more material they can pull from for him.
Negan won't be going anywhere.

Spoiler
He's still alive in the comics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 07:07 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,355,231 times
As was already mentioned, Game of Thrones successfully touches on multiple storylines in each episode, and that keeps everything balanced and flowing. If one storyline has a quiet/touching/sad/reflective moment, another storyline will have action/excitement/intrigue, so that overall, at the end of the episode, the viewer experience is more balanced and there is a sense of connection and progression of the story.

Contrast this with TWD, where each episode is stand-alone, focused on one storyline or one small group of characters disconnected from the others. No one storyline is so dynamic as to progress very much in each episode, so then a fair amount of filler material must be used to pad out the 43 minutes, and the result is a show that feels sluggish and stagnant even though there is action and zombie-killing.

So while I think overall the writing on TWD is okay, it could be tightened up considerably. If the shows were put together differently it would really take the show to the next level, and maybe then we would see some Emmy nominations.

IMHO (and I am not a writer, just an experienced viewer ), the writers could really benefit from watching GoT and taking some notes on how to balance each show, develop the characters, progress multiple storylines, and create a flow and momentum that inspires excitement and anticipation in viewers.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:27 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post

Spoiler
Doesn't mean he can't go somewhere on the show. Not that I have a problem with Negan, just beginning to question TWD. A Zombie Apocalypse movie, to me, is just right. The continuing searching and drama of TWD, is losing my interest.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:00 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,014,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Yes, in the very last episode, the last 7 seasons have all been just a dream. Carl was at a rave with Enid and was tripping on some bad acid. All these characters are his highschool teachers.

I want Rick to wake up in the hospital, walk out into the hall, and find out it's just STARTING, exactly like his dream!

Prequel dream....

Old 11-24-2016, 10:38 AM

56 posts, read 60,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
I want Rick to wake up in the hospital, walk out into the hall, and find out it's just STARTING, exactly like his dream!

Prequel dream....
Knowing the writers, they would put a twist on it and make Negan his Anesthesiologist.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:05 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,765,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Spoiler
But in logistical Hollywood world...
Spoiler
I doubt they would pay to keep the actor that plays him around for multiple seasons just so he can be in a jail cell. Maybe for a few episodes to drive the point home and then close his chapter by having him murdered or commit suicide.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:44 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,501,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Spoiler
I doubt they would pay to keep the actor that plays him around for multiple seasons just so he can be in a jail cell. Maybe for a few episodes to drive the point home and then close his chapter by having him murdered or commit suicide.
Well, he wouldn't be in every episode and they could easily film his parts early in the production schedule. Thus freeing up most of his time.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:04 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times
Quote:
Spoiler
Hes just too important.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:23 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Negan is too important of a character to go away quickly. And being realistic, too much of a bad guy with too big of an Army to easily and quickly be dispatched.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:54 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,015,891 times
Quote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
He's not in prison anymore. He escaped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV