Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 03:22 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times

Advertisements

It depends on which Rick. The Rick who took no crap from anybody? Or the Rick that handed over all the weapons to Neegan? (I'm still bitter)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 04:06 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
It depends on which Rick. The Rick who took no crap from anybody? Or the Rick that handed over all the weapons to Neegan? (I'm still bitter)
While I have not been a big fan of Rick's since early on, I do wish the writers didn't castrate him the way they did. He is just one of the worst characters on the show in my opinion (still love you Andrew Lincoln).

So yeah, I miss the Rick that didn't take any crap from anyone too.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:54 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Nah...without Rick, the show would be so much better.
Rick's leadership qualities would make a positive impact to the walker community

Old 03-01-2017, 04:54 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,657,460 times
Quote:
Nah...without Rick, the show would be so much better.
You are delusional Tell me exactly who could take over the lead. Carl? Morgan? Rosita? Jesus? Ezekiel? Who? I'd bet you $100 if they kill Rick the ratings would tank. The show has already lost a lot of steam and you're looking to push it over the edge. Your unreasonable hatred of Rick is baffling.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:18 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
You are delusional Tell me exactly who could take over the lead. Carl? Morgan? Rosita? Jesus? Ezekiel? Who? I'd bet you $100 if they kill Rick the ratings would tank. The show has already lost a lot of steam and you're looking to push it over the edge. Your unreasonable hatred of Rick is baffling.
Wow...you sure get upset over a someones opinion easily.

I'll play along though...

Out of the ones you mentioned, Carl would easily my choice for someone to lead this group. While his father is kowtowing to Negan, Carl is trying to actually do something to help his group. Carl has seen just how weak and stupid his father really is and I think we just might see more of Carl stepping up in future episodes.

In my opinion, Rick is by far the worst character on this show. I don't think his being killed off would bring the show down (yes it is definitely losing steam, but that is due to bad writing and stupid plots). There have been many shows that have killed main characters that are still doing well. If this show can get back on track with better writing and less idiotic plots I can see it turning around and more people finding their way back to it.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:30 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Out of the ones you mentioned, Carl would easily my choice for someone to lead this group. While his father is kowtowing to Negan, Carl is trying to actually do something to help his group. Carl has seen just how weak and stupid his father really is and I think we just might see more of Carl stepping up in future episodes.
Ah, yes... Carl... who went on a suicide mission, killed a few saviors - and only avoided an inevitable death per the whim of Negan.

Yeah, Carl's a real leader...

Quote:
In my opinion, Rick is by far the worst character on this show. I don't think his being killed off would bring the show down (yes it is definitely losing steam, but that is due to bad writing and stupid plots). There have been many shows that have killed main characters that are still doing well. If this show can get back on track with better writing and less idiotic plots I can see it turning around and more people finding their way back to it.
Stepping up? Rick did just that. It turned out that there were far more Saviors than anyone knew, but that wasn't foreseeable. It wasn't the idiotic act Carl committed. Meanwhile, Rick has bided his time. He's smart enough to know that alone, Alexandria stands no chance of taking down the Saviors.

You'd have him run off half-cocked on a Carlesque suicide mission?

Brilliant...

Old 03-01-2017, 05:42 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,871,284 times
I've gotten lost.

1. The Vulcans were watching the boat house stash. a. They could not figure out how to get it OR b. they would not steal from "Wilton" but could steal from the people that stole from him?

2. Gabriel was taking all the Alexandria food to hide from the Saviours so Alexandria would have a stash for the War.

But how did he end up with the Vulcans? I've looked again and cannot see where either of this is explained.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:22 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,657,460 times
As with almost every long running show the writing begins to suffer and the audience begins to shrink. Suggesting that they should kill off the main character to rejuvenate the show is the worst thing they could do. There is no remaining character who could jump in and replace him. There are no other strong characters who have the history or charisma that Andy Lincoln provides as Rick. It's like 24 legacy which is just a shell of itself without kiefer sutherland. Won't work.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:25 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I thought that too, but Eugene specifically mentioned working on the human genome project. I am guessing that the writers just assume that part of that would involve becoming a medical doc along the way.
no ............ he said he had a PhD which made him a Dr. He was clear he's not a medical Dr.

That part cracked me UP because it's his default to save himself. Worked with Abraham. Working with Negan now.

He does know enough to get away with it somewhat.

But the 'it's classified' thing isn't going to work now. Who cares what is classified to the now defunct American Government?

This is Negan's world. He's the President!

Old 03-01-2017, 06:51 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honobob View Post
I've gotten lost.

1. The Vulcans were watching the boat house stash. a. They could not figure out how to get it OR b. they would not steal from "Wilton" but could steal from the people that stole from him?

2. Gabriel was taking all the Alexandria food to hide from the Saviours so Alexandria would have a stash for the War.

But how did he end up with the Vulcans? I've looked again and cannot see where either of this is explained.
1. Yeah. Something like that. The Heapies were content to wait until the guy died and take it or then wait for someone else to steal it and take it from...yeah silly code concept for a bunch of people who act weird and walk around like they're playing life sized chutes and ladders when they gather. No need to try to figure it out.

2. Gabriel got jumped by Tamiel or whatever in the kitchen and she made him take all the food as punishment for them taking the stash that they had already claimed for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV