Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 07:21 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times

Advertisements

Last season ended with Negan rallying his troops: "We're going to war!"

In light of that, if Negan had been killed last night it would have been the dumbest episode in WD history.

Hint (not a spoiler, but a common sense deduction based on what we already know): This whole season is going to be a war, ending with a cliffhanger in which Negan survives. He's not going anywhere any time soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 07:58 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No, no....I don't see how it would prevent them escaping, it actually would have the opposite effect - they would abandon "the sanctuary" as the zombies flood in, like rats scurrying out. In that case it would have been beneficial to stick around and pick them off as they come out.
And the forces are already "rallied" as Negan seems to have already given his war speech. But who knows.
I see it as more of a "softening up"/attrition/morale attack in preparation for the final siege although it's still a bit confusing.
They can't abandon the sanctuary. The zombies herd is huge. There is no way out, unless there are some tunnels.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:53 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Great season premier last night. And the Talking Dead aftershow, a bit bizarre.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:14 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Stupid episode. Neegan could have been killed easily with one shot, but this is being dragged out.
So true, that part wasn't very realistic at all.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:07 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
They can't abandon the sanctuary. The zombies herd is huge. There is no way out, unless there are some tunnels.
Well, we don't really know. There should be multiple entrances and even multiple yards, not interconnected, for a large factory. They don't even have to abandon the sanctuary really, they just need to pull a "rick" and sneak a few out by spreading zombie guts over themselves, go out a half mile, and shoot off more rounds to lure them away.

But what's important is what the writers are intending for us the viewer to think. It's still unclear. I am not convinced it was just to keep them from fleeing. I assume it will be logically presented in future episodes and they are just not stringing this along in an illogical manner to fill a season.

On another topic, the George Romero "in memory of" note was pretty cool.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:31 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
The whole sanctuary thing is not really realistic. How did Negan get all those dudes to follow him and be submissive to him?? The whole I am Negan is absurd. Similar to the garbage people. These people regressed that much after the walker infection that they started their own lingo and decided to live in garbage dumps. (LOL).

The best season of TWD is Season 1. I feel they should become nomads again. A lot of area to cover in North America. I hope they take a break from the current cast and introduce a new cast in another area maybe Europe, Canada or Australia. When they become situated in a spot it becomes a soap drama. Also, by now the majority of the walkers should be heavily decomposed.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:55 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,863 times
I was bored and confused until the last 15 minutes of the episode. Negan was standing right there. They could have killed him right then but, they want to drag this thing out for another season. I am so over the saviors and Negan. Gregory is a douche bag. I hope Maggie gets his a**. Gabriel....why would he try to help Gregory when he knows he's an a**hole? I know he is a priest but, come on!! Now, he is stuck in a trailer with Negan. Who knows what's gonna happen. Maybe he can talk some sense into Negan but, I doubt it. Gabriel is probably a goner while useless Eugene is still alive.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:18 AM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
There have been better season openers than this one on TWD. It was ok, not great. I held out some hope that Negan would be portrayed in a more realistic fashion, but no, he is the eternal strutting teenager. I know the source material is a comic book, I get that, but Negan comes across as ridiculous more than threatening.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:29 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Boooooo!
This show has become a money grab at this point. Move the damn story along and quit dragging this out.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:30 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
There have been better season openers than this one on TWD. It was ok, not great. I held out some hope that Negan would be portrayed in a more realistic fashion, but no, he is the eternal strutting teenager. I know the source material is a comic book, I get that, but Negan comes across as ridiculous more than threatening.
Amen, talk about a comic book character. Now his arching his back and arrogant speaches are a distraction to the show. He's a caricature of himself. Kill him off already.
Who will be the next Walking Dead villain - The Joker, Lex Luthur, or Dr. Doom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV