Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2018, 07:47 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
What they need to do is bring back Frank Darabont as the writer to save the show from falling ratings.
I'm too invested in it, to just drop TWD, but just let it die already and out put me out of my misery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 09:28 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
I heard that Andrew Lincoln's contract is ending soon. Is that true?!
We can only hope.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:58 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I'm too invested in it, to just drop TWD, but just let it die already and out put me out of my misery.
Lol, me too, I am not strong enough! I have already given up so many shows I used to watch! Pretty soon I will be down to only Netflix and Amazon!

Old 02-05-2018, 02:46 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
never cared much for the character Carl. What I am looking forward to is Zombie Carl.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:38 PM

5,515 posts, read 7,107,963 times
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/th...comeexperience

We talked about this a while ago...

Old 02-15-2018, 10:42 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
We can only hope.
LOL that will give me an excuse to quit watching it.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:23 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,483,680 times
In memoriam...

Old 02-24-2018, 07:45 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
Quote:
I felt that way too. Then I just stopped watching a few seasons ago when I realized I couldn't stay awake through an episode anymore. It was an actual chore for me to keep up.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:13 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
never cared much for the character Carl. What I am looking forward to is Zombie Carl.
Don't see where he added anything to the show. He caused more problems than he's worth.

Quote:
Well, it's been renewed for Season 9, so you'll have to suffer through at least 24 more episodes.

Speculation is Michonne may be next on the way out.

The remaining episodes for this season appear to be:

#9: Rick faces new difficulties after a battle; the fight continues in other communities as core members face hard decisions.

#10: Groups unite their forces and converge on the Hilltop; Aaron and Enid search for allies; Simon takes matters into his own hands.

#11: Daryl finds himself in bad company as his group heads to the Hilltop; Maggie makes difficult decisions at the Hilltop; Gabriel’s faith becomes tested.

#12: Hilltop’s leadership faces a difficult dilemma after the arrival of unexpected visitors; Rick comes face to face with an adversary.

#13: Trouble arises when unexpected visitors arrive at the Hilltop and the community is thrust into action; heartbreaking discoveries are made.

#14: A Heaps prisoner makes a discovery; Carol searches for someone in the nearby forest; Rick and Morgan find themselves in the company of strangers.

#15: With the threat of the Saviors still looming, Aaron continues searching for allies; Daryl and Rosita take action and confront an old friend.

#16: The communities join forces in the last stand against the Saviors as all-out war unfolds.

Doesn't sound very exciting.

Old 02-24-2018, 11:21 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Even though the show has been officially renewed for season 9, I predict there will not be one. It seems they are really going to kill Carl. I am not going to watch anymore if they do, and I have seen all over the internet where countless others feel the same. The ratings, already way down, are going to drop like a rock. As this is a very expensive show to produce, I predict a last-minute change of heart and cancellation when the network discovers that the show lost 20-30% of its audience from one week to the next.

I am still hoping that it is all an elaborate hoax, and still would not be surprised, but I am prepared to turn it off if they do it. I did not watch telelvison for 15 years, discovered the show in season five, and became an addict, back-watching the first 4 seasons from the start. Since then, I have discovered all of the Marvel shows on Netflicks, which are also much to my liking and a hell of a lot fresher. And I have always got good books on hand. I won't miss this zombie of a once good show about zombies.

I just don't get it though, no matter how it is explained. There are really only five characters left that anyone gives a damn about, and I am sure that we don't really have to name them. I bought Glenn's death because it was in the comic book, but I am not sure how killing one of the most beloved characters, one of four left since the start, revives a show that jumped the shark a long time ago and has been bleeding fans for at least a couple of years.

Or maybe, just maybe, they want to kill it off? Maybe they are really all just THAT sick of doing it?

Anyway, I was going to wait until tomorrow to say my peace. If you don't see me here tomorrow, nice talking to some of you. I was a zombie fan since the Romero days, and I have lots of great memories staying up all night watching NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD every single time it was on the USA network, conning my mom into taking me and my buddy to see GREMLINS at the drive in so we could watch DAY OF THE DEAD out of the back window, and don't get me started on the masterpiece that was DAWN OF THE DEAD. Belatedly finding this show was like re-living my childhood with my wife along for the ride, and we unjoyed it while it lasted. But if they kill Carl, I am off the bus.

Last edited by cachibatches; 02-24-2018 at 11:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV