Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 07:28 AM

1,082 posts, read 828,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
I've been watching since the first episode. It's pretty hard for me to walk away from an eight-year investment.
Until that investment quits paying any dividends....later TWD!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 07:34 AM

28,889 posts, read 30,147,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
oh geez, here we go...wan't trying to hurt anyone's feelings. Should I start an Anti-TWD thread? I don't watch it. I haven''t for a year now. That doesn't change that the writing and the show have totally sucked for 2 seasons.
you didn't hurt anyone's feelings....but I thought you said, had watched it from the beginning?

I don't think it sucked at all....matter of fact, loved this season....

like I said, some like vanilla, others like mint choc chip...I guess we can't all be happy....?

Opps, I was wrong, it was the other poster whose been watching it since the beginning, not you...sorry...

Old 04-17-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you didn't hurt anyone's feelings....but I thought you said, had watched it from the beginning?

I don't think it sucked at all....matter of fact, loved this season....

like I said, some like vanilla, others like mint choc chip...I guess we can't all be happy....?
Yup, key word being "had"...past tense. I quit in the middle of season 7. It was wasting brain space and I had other things to do, so away it went. Enjoy it!

Old 04-17-2018, 07:54 AM

31,944 posts, read 34,489,929 times
So was all of the Negan hype from years past justified? I remember many people here saying things like "Oh, if you thought the Governor was bad, just wait til you see Negan!" Negan and the All Out War were supposed to be the pinnacle of suspense on TWD. It all ended in a whimper with Negan and his force of about 50 guys easily outclassed by Eugene's wits, Rick's 20 or so people, and several women throwing Molotov cocktails. The ending was totally underwhelming. Imagine the Matrix Trilogy ending with Neo getting into a backyard wrestling match with Agent Smith. The ending to All Out War was probably less exciting than that.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:22 AM

6,538 posts, read 6,691,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So was all of the Negan hype from years past justified? I remember many people here saying things like "Oh, if you thought the Governor was bad, just wait til you see Negan!" Negan and the All Out War were supposed to be the pinnacle of suspense on TWD. It all ended in a whimper with Negan and his force of about 50 guys easily outclassed by Eugene's wits, Rick's 20 or so people, and several women throwing Molotov cocktails. The ending was totally underwhelming. Imagine the Matrix Trilogy ending with Neo getting into a backyard wrestling match with Agent Smith. The ending to All Out War was probably less exciting than that.
The problem from the start was casting Negan as Fonzi with a bat....it's absurd on its face. I never expected to see a 50-year-old villain strutting around like a smirking teenager.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:36 AM

28,889 posts, read 30,147,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Yup, key word being "had"...past tense. I quit in the middle of season 7. It was wasting brain space and I had other things to do, so away it went. Enjoy it!
Thanks, I will...

and do....

I will say, I got a little bored with them donating an entire season to the war, but understand, why?

I still love the show....and I am invested in the regulars....

and love, Jerry.....lol

Old 04-17-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The problem from the start was casting Negan as Fonzi with a bat....it's absurd on its face. I never expected to see a 50-year-old villain strutting around like a smirking teenager.
Exactly my point. Well said...

Old 04-17-2018, 08:38 AM

31,944 posts, read 34,489,929 times
Quote:
TWD was already cartoonish before Negan was introduced so really JDM's portrayal was par for the course.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:55 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,435,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Or maybe he's signed on to star in a new Saddam Hussein biopic...
its not a spoiler, in the comic he's held in the jail in Alexandria for 2 years the reason for the long beard.. they start filming in May.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:06 AM

23,381 posts, read 43,879,257 times
Quote:
The problem from the start was casting Negan as Fonzi with a bat....it's absurd on its face. I never expected to see a 50-year-old villian strutting around like a smirking teenager.
I found Simon to be a much more impressive villian. He was even more impressive as a zombie than living Negan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV