Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2018, 08:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

It was okay. Rick is supposedly mortally wounded yet he can shoot head shots from laying on the ground when he hallucinated the camp being over-run? Oh yeah, that's right, he was hallucinating.

I kept thinking Rick was looking for Carl and Laurie. Never occurred to me that it was Michonne. Oopsies!

Really liked seeing the old characters, especially Herschel. Scott Wilson only died a couple of months ago, Tom.

I wasn't surprised that they did not completely kill off Rick. Left it so he could come back.

Loved the time jump. It didn't even occur to me that the girl was Judith, even picking up Carl's hat.

I think that was a total act on Negan's part. A man of his mentality wouldn't dissolve into jello like that in that amount of time, I don't think.

Looks like the show should get interesting again.

Whisperers are coming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 08:08 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times
All I can say is WOW!

And Negan totally broken, did not expect that.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:13 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,273 times
I really enjoyed Ricks last episode. In some ways, Ricks last ride reminded me of the Ed Abbey book, The Brave Cowboy.

I suppose I'm a bit curious to see where Negan is 6 years in the future. Is he still locked up, has he earned some outside time? Really though, I think Maggie should have just killed him.

When they were showing the long trailer at the end, you can hear the Whisperers in the scene where they are hiding in the mud. The sounds just like walkers, but are saying "Where'd they go?"

I have a bit of a renewed optimism regarding the show now and am looking forward to seeing the future of the Walking Dead world, and lil ass kicker.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
I really enjoyed Ricks last episode. In some ways, Ricks last ride reminded me of the Ed Abbey book, The Brave Cowboy.

I suppose I'm a bit curious to see where Negan is 6 years in the future. Is he still locked up, has he earned some outside time? Really though, I think Maggie should have just killed him.

When they were showing the long trailer at the end, you can hear the Whisperers in the scene where they are hiding in the mud. The sounds just like walkers, but are saying "Where'd they go?"

I have a bit of a renewed optimism regarding the show now and am looking forward to seeing the future of the Walking Dead world, and lil ass kicker.
Lol, I forgot about that name! Good one!

I heard the "Where'd they go?" but then heard someone say "the Walkers are evolving." That's what I thought too. So that was the Whisperers?

I noticed when the two herds of Walkers were headed for Rick when he was impaled, from the aireal shots, they looked like they were moving much faster.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:26 AM

4,788 posts, read 10,608,885 times
The Long Play Plan from AMC for 'Rick Grimes'...Some spoiler stuff.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/04/a...king-dead.html

Old 11-05-2018, 08:37 AM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
This episode was trash. They should have given Rick a true and noble death, not a cliffhanger. The ending completely ruined all of the good feelings created by the Shane and Hershel cameos. I was also disappointed that Sarah Wayne Callies didn't reprise her role as Lori Grimes. If they're going to go on all nostalgic on us, then go all the way.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:42 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This episode was trash. They should have given Rick a true and noble death, not a cliffhanger. The ending completely ruined all of the good feelings created by the Shane and Hershel cameos. I was also disappointed that Sarah Wayne Callies didn't reprise her role as Lori Grimes. If they're going to go on all nostalgic on us, then go all the way.
Why the hell did they bring Sasha? She was not really that close to Rick.

I understood Shane and Hershel but not Sasha. Glenn, Lori, or Carl would have been better.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:52 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Lol, I forgot about that name! Good one!

I heard the "Where'd they go?" but then heard someone say "the Walkers are evolving." That's what I thought too. So that was the Whisperers?

I noticed when the two herds of Walkers were headed for Rick when he was impaled, from the aireal shots, they looked like they were moving much faster.

I haven't read the books or anything, but my understanding is that the Whisperers live among the dead, they cover themselves in walker guts and whisper to each other to remain unnoticed. Ryan Hurst was one of my favorite actors on Sons of Anarchy, I'm glad he's joined the TWD cast as one of the Whisperers. I would guess that the Whisperers are able to lead groups of the dead like shepherds and that's why it would appear that they are evolving. They are making intelligent, cognitive choices, but hidden among the walkers so it seems like zombies are evolving to be smarter.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Great episode. I wish we would've seen Rick's wife instead of Sasha (never liked her), but oh well.
I wonder if Callies (Lori) left the show on bad terms. I can't imagine any writer/director purposefully leaving her out of Rick's final episode. Then again, you never know with these writers.

I liked the whole part about Rick "finding" his family at the very end. He's completed his mission. But I think we needed to see Rick get closure with Lori to make this episode truly satisfying. They could have done a flashback to the prison with a phone ringing in the background and Lori appearing before him in one his hallucinations. I never liked how Lori's apparition would show up wearing all white in the prison, but then they'd never exchange any words. The episode would have been much more powerful, IMO, if Lori had given her "sign off" on a life well-lived.

Lori would have had 100 times the emotional impact Sasha had. Glenn speaking to Rick over a walkie-talkie would have had 75 times the impact Sasha had. Even Andrea would have had at least 25 times the impact as Sasha. Everybody knows TWD viewers have a much greater emotional connection to the original Atlanta crew than latecomers like Sasha. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that these characters weren't resurrected due to scheduling conflicts.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Why the hell did they bring Sasha? She was not really that close to Rick.

I understood Shane and Hershel but not Sasha. Glenn, Lori, or Carl would have been better.
Exactly. I can't even lie, I was getting a little in my feelings with Rick and Shane sharing fries in the police cruiser. It started to come on a bit stronger once I saw Hershel. Lori, Carl, Glenn, Andrea and Dale would have reduced me to a puddle. I suppose Duane is too old now, but Morgan would have been a nice touch too. There were several different ways they could have played this. It just feels like they didn't make the most out of a big opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV