Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 03:48 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
The most interesting aspect of the episode to me was Negan. A more human side of him seems to have emerged during his captivity; his affection for Judith seems genuine, and I think that with Rick not around to witness any harm Negan might do to the Alexandrians, his motivation to do so has faded away.
It's also ironic to me that Negan appears to be lonelier in his freedom than he was in his cell. Why else keep your zombiefied comrade around except that it was some form of companionship (for a while)? I halfway thought he would end up turning himself back in to the Alexandrians.
That girl playing Judith is a damn fine little actress, BTW.
I agree I totally love with their taking Negan seems like Carl's dream is coming true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 10:02 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I bet Negan saves Alexandria from the Whisperers. I had to laugh when he walked into a clothing store and picks a new leather jacket right off the rack and it fits perfectly. All those clothes would have been taken YEARS ago.
Not likely.

There are, and have been since the early days of 'Wildfire', so few survivors that most non-perishable items in the pre-apocalypse supply chain would likely still be in abundance.

For example, ammunition. Even at the prodigious rates of consumption, there would still be plenty out there. And vehicles? No one should be driving anything that isn't a four-wheel drive. Fuel would be an issue, of course. Gas has long gone bad, and even diesel (which retains stability for far longer than gasioline) has almost certainly gone over by now. So our plucky survivors heading out in a Chevy Caprice with a full tank is unrealistic, but Neegan finding a new leather jacket - which wouldn't be all that sought after anyway, because what he preferes is more fashionable that it is utilitarian, anyway, and this would be ignored by people prioritizing survival - is entirely plausible.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:06 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I agree I totally love with their taking Negan seems like Carl's dream is coming true
Carl's dream was all I could think of when Negan was biting into the tomato.

Old 02-14-2019, 06:01 AM

Everytime they take an original actor off...I guess due to the investment I have on the show (and I'm only saying this from my true feelings) I lose a little something more for the show....it's like a chipping away at the regulars....? Now don't get me wrong, really enjoyed this last show, but....for me, it's like a whole new TV show...without Rick, Carl, and all the rest....

I also feel very badly for Eugene, and where is Morgan?

Old 02-14-2019, 07:11 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Quote:

I also feel very badly for Eugene, and where is Morgan?
Morgan is on Fear the Walking Dead.

I really liked the chemistry between Negan and Judith. She is an amazing little actress. I always could see that Negan wasn't one dimensional evil, it will be interesting to see how his character transforms this season.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Morgan is on Fear the Walking Dead.

I really liked the chemistry between Negan and Judith. She is an amazing little actress. I always could see that Negan wasn't one dimensional evil, it will be interesting to see how his character transforms this season.
do you remember Carl's dream, where Negan was picking veggies with Judith....He really likes her...and I can see the transformation, he is getting softer, not nearly as cocky....the writers surprised, me, b/c when he escaped, I thought he was going to go back to the way he was.....

Who was the walker he was talking to...not sure? Do you know...

and yes, sorry your right, Morgan is on Fear....I forgot.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:09 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
do you remember Carl's dream, where Negan was picking veggies with Judith....He really likes her...and I can see the transformation, he is getting softer, not nearly as cocky....the writers surprised, me, b/c when he escaped, I thought he was going to go back to the way he was.....

Who was the walker he was talking to...not sure? Do you know...

and yes, sorry your right, Morgan is on Fear....I forgot.
I don't recall who that particular walker was before, just assumed he may have been one of the ones sitting around the "war table " with Negan at meetings.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:52 PM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
TWD needs to bring on stronger characters since it seems to be losing them. Why not someone like Michelle Rodriguez? She can play a strong female character.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:30 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Gas has long gone bad, and even diesel (which retains stability for far longer than gasioline) has almost certainly gone over by now.
Gasoline doesn't "go bad."

Gasoline is volatile, because it has a low evaporation point. If it's exposed to air, or an air flow, some constituent chemical components will evaporate off leaving something akin to a gummy resin.

So long as it's in an air-tight container, it's fine.

If you go to the American Petroleum Institute's web-site, their "recommendation" is two years, but that's a CYA thing (Cover Your Ass). If they said 5 years, people would store it for 7 years then get mad if something went wrong and the API would take the rap.

It's no different than canned goods. The "recommendation" is 1 year, but if properly canned, it'll last a century or more. People still eat canned C-Rations, and those are 30+ years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
TWD needs to bring on stronger characters since it seems to be losing them. Why not someone like Michelle Rodriguez? She can play a strong female character.
Maybe when she's sober.

Her and the other woman (Cynthia Watros) got kicked off of LOST because they were drunks. Rodriguez was arrested for drunk-driving during filming, pleaded guilty and did jail time. That's the reason their characters were killed-off in LOST.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Gasoline doesn't "go bad."

Gasoline is volatile, because it has a low evaporation point. If it's exposed to air, or an air flow, some constituent chemical components will evaporate off leaving something akin to a gummy resin.

So long as it's in an air-tight container, it's fine.

If you go to the American Petroleum Institute's web-site, their "recommendation" is two years, but that's a CYA thing (Cover Your Ass). If they said 5 years, people would store it for 7 years then get mad if something went wrong and the API would take the rap.

It's no different than canned goods. The "recommendation" is 1 year, but if properly canned, it'll last a century or more. People still eat canned C-Rations, and those are 30+ years old.

Maybe when she's sober.

Her and the other woman (Cynthia Watros) got kicked off of LOST because they were drunks. Rodriguez was arrested for drunk-driving during filming, pleaded guilty and did jail time. That's the reason their characters were killed-off in LOST
Haha...I know. I was a huge LOST fan and have been rewatching it yet again. That's why I made the post about Michelle Rodriguez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV