Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 05:53 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsunny View Post
I believe that new York area cable provider can't reach new deal with stars and might not carry that channel if you live in that area that could be it.
That would be a frumpy thing to do....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsunny View Post
I believe that new York area cable provider can't reach new deal with stars and might not carry that channel if you live in that area that could be it.
hmmmm, you may be right....? I'm in PA?

I had a very nice conversation with one of my cable providers employee's and she told me, that these stars of the shows get paid a lot of money which is what drives up the prices?

Old 03-23-2018, 03:53 PM

794 posts, read 1,324,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
hmmmm, you may be right....? I'm in PA?

I had a very nice conversation with one of my cable providers employee's and she told me, that these stars of the shows get paid a lot of money which is what drives up the prices?
haha! So now cable companies are blaming the actor's salaries for being greedy themselves?

Yes, successful actors are paid a lot of money. The lead actors in The Big Bang Theory make $1 million an episode, I heard. No way the actors of Outlander are making that much though.

I am not up on all the whole distribution chain but this is a pretty common negotiation tactic now. Cable companies are loosing customers because so many people are getting rid of cable so they are trying to make up their profit margin by paying less to production companies, like Starz, for the content.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:53 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I’m really late to this party. I dont get Starz, but I just got the whole series on DVD. I read all the books.
I’m down to the last few episodes of season 3....where the print shop burned down, and Jamie’s nephew asks him if he’s told Claire about his other wife yet. Oops.

I think they’ve done a wonderful job on the series, with only a few things I would have changed. I tired of all the gore/battles/imprisonments. I think that Jenny and Brianna were miscast. Jenny doesn’t look like Jamie, and her capped teeth looked wrong. I wanted Brianna to have curly hair and be more like her father, with a bigger personality. Maybe she will be feistier in season 4.

I don’t know if any of you watch the Little People show with the Roloff family, but their daughter in law, Audrey, is a young woman with curly red hair. She looks exactly like how I wanted Bree to look.

Last edited by gentlearts; 04-21-2018 at 07:02 AM..

Old 04-21-2018, 08:12 AM

7,244 posts, read 7,066,230 times
I just finished season three on bluray. I wasn't as fond of this season. Some of the changes were ok but some made no sense. They spent way too much time becalmed. I didn't think Yi Tein Cho's story ended believable. They changed Margaret but the change made her being amongst the slave ceremony at the end unnecessary. The whole slave story was cut and that ceremony had no purpose, the than a call back to the dance. Young Ian had better be recast because I don't see that boy becoming who Ian becomes in the next book.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:40 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
An Echo in the Bone, was my least favorite book in the series, so I hope the next season will manage to be as good as the previous ones.

Old 04-23-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Apparently Jamie does not have the genes for it.
wait, apparently thought, he does, remember the very first season, when Claire was dressing, and Frank was returning back to their room, there was a Scot, standing there watching Claire from the street...he was looking up at her window....and Frank said, "he turned and it was as if he walked right thru me"? Or something to that affect. For a moment, Frank thought he was a ghost, but as time went by, he probably dismissed that theory?

Old 04-23-2018, 05:46 AM

has anyone heard anything as to when the next series will air on Starz? It has been awfully long, don't you think?

Old 04-23-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
wait, apparently thought, he does, remember the very first season, when Claire was dressing, and Frank was returning back to their room, there was a Scot, standing there watching Claire from the street...he was looking up at her window....and Frank said, "he turned and it was as if he walked right thru me"? Or something to that affect. For a moment, Frank thought he was a ghost, but as time went by, he probably dismissed that theory?
Nope. Jamie cannot travel. He can't hear the stones, he has touched them with no effect.

The implication from that scene is that he was a ghost, waiting for Claire to go through the stones to him. What Frank thought is irrelevant. Mrs. Baird, the innkeeper, tells them that spirits wander on Samhain.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
has anyone heard anything as to when the next series will air on Starz? It has been awfully long, don't you think?

The last episode of season 3 aired in December. I don't think 4 months is that long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV