Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 09:13 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

Wow, just wow, that was a heart stopper. Only one more to go, ugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Just because John Grey is gay doesn't make the dynamics of jealousy any less. How would Claire feel if a good friend of Jaime's was in love with him - but female? Probably threatened. Claire did not like it when Grey came to Frasers Ridge, and only developed a grudging respect for him while nursing him back to health.

Although Grey and Claire have mutual respect, their relationship is complicated. John Grey spent years with Jamie in Ardsmore and shared a part of Jamie's life that Claire was absent from. He is raising Jamie's son as his own. Of course Claire is going to have ambivalent feelings about Grey, and Grey is going to wish he was in Claire's place, but has to be satisfied with his and Jamie's deep friendship. Grey is in love with Jamie and that has not changed. The relationship between Grey and Claire will always be complicated.
I'm sorry, I understand the jealousy and the fact that they were jealous of each other but still found it disturbing. And I don't know why. But totally get what your saying

Old 01-20-2019, 10:58 PM

aquietpath

Just wanted to add, that in tonight's show, John Grey vocalizes his respect for Claire, which also made me happy....

I think what bothers me, is the fact that I know he really loves Jamie, but knows Jamie feels strongly about Claire, however, you can't turn your heart off, that's for certain....so...the emotion that he expresses is amazing. I believe they are all great actors....

especially loved it when Jamie first saw his daughter.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:36 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times
Absolutely great epi, but what Roger did was stupid, stupid, stupid. He couldn't fix the Priest making a stupid choice. I would also feel the tug to do something, but that was insane. Does he not realize now he will face the same or a similar outcome? OMG.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Wow, that guy playing the young Native American who holds the baby as the woman burns...what an actor. It doesn't hurt that he's so incredibly beautiful.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Wow, that guy playing the young Native American who holds the baby as the woman burns...what an actor. It doesn't hurt that he's so incredibly beautiful.
I'm guessing they were brother and sister? Playing Adagio for strings in the last scene last night was utterly Penetrating

Last edited by cremebrulee; 01-21-2019 at 08:32 AM..

Old 01-22-2019, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm guessing they were brother and sister? Playing Adagio for strings in the last scene last night was utterly Penetrating
Not sure what their relationship was - maybe we'll see more of him in the future.

Wow, he did a fantastic job of acting. And yes, you're right - that music was perfect for the scene. As soon as it started I thought, "Oh no...where are the tissues...something serious is about to go down..."

Old 01-22-2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Not sure what their relationship was - maybe we'll see more of him in the future.

Wow, he did a fantastic job of acting. And yes, you're right - that music was perfect for the scene. As soon as it started I thought, "Oh no...where are the tissues...something serious is about to go down..."
I have always loved that it always gives me the chills....it's a sort of penetrating feeling of complete despair...and yet, so beautifully done....they played it in Platoon.

What a perfect accompaniment for the end...it was so good, it could have been the finale...which makes me wonder about next Sunday Night....I hate hate hate the end of this show...b/c it's so long until the next series.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I have always loved that it always gives me the chills....it's a sort of penetrating feeling of complete despair...and yet, so beautifully done....they played it in Platoon.

What a perfect accompaniment for the end...it was so good, it could have been the finale...which makes me wonder about next Sunday Night....I hate hate hate the end of this show...b/c it's so long until the next series.

I feel the same way! Between Outlander and Vikings, I start dreading the end of the shows several weeks beforehand! I can't believe we have to wait so long for the next season of Outlander!

Does anyone know what the projected time is for the next season?

Old 01-22-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I feel the same way! Between Outlander and Vikings, I start dreading the end of the shows several weeks beforehand! I can't believe we have to wait so long for the next season of Outlander!

Does anyone know what the projected time is for the next season?
yes, November of 2021
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV