Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 10:00 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I wasn't thrilled with last night's show. Did someone on the thread mention that there were "bears" in Lost and the reason for them never explained. If I'm not mistaken they've wandered onto the set of The Leftovers. The Leftovers is turning into another John from Cincinnati.
yes, there was a polar bear in the very beginning of the show of Lost, which was never explained....
I'm not liking this show at all, didn't see last nights air, but it is turning out to be just like lost....

so many hints with no meanings....strange happeneing, left unsaid...which is really not my cup of tea.

As far as Norma is concerned...the reason for the shootings is this, (I think)
Remember at the end, when that guy held her and said, "you do suicidal things, so you still feel the pain".

Well, remember when I wrote it was a sort of high maybe?

Have you ever lost a friend or family member to death, and for a long time, you fear feeling happiness and laugh again....same thing, I think?

In other words, when someone shot her, she felt the pain...maybe she feared getting numb and forgetting them? All in all, the bigger picture, I know people who have lost children, and God as my witness I can't imagine...but, loosing your entire family....?

so, I don't know? But the show is really loosing my interest....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 10:10 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,242 times
I do like the series. The story line is different and it seems well acted. I like how each week they focus on one character and you learn a bit more about their life before and after the event.

That said, the "f' word overuse is just silly. It's like a 3-year old who's learned a new swear word. It seems forced into every sentence. Sorry, but in real life, nobody uses that word constantly. At least I hope not.

I was watching last night's episode with old friends (I mean it both ways... we've been friends a long time, and we are all in our 60's). One started mimicking them, and immediately we were laughing every time someone said the f-word. It sure relieved any dramatic tension the director was going for!

Old 08-11-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
I do like the series. The story line is different and it seems well acted. I like how each week they focus on one character and you learn a bit more about their life before and after the event.

That said, the "f' word overuse is just silly. It's like a 3-year old who's learned a new swear word. It seems forced into every sentence. Sorry, but in real life, nobody uses that word constantly. At least I hope not.

I was watching last night's episode with old friends (I mean it both ways... we've been friends a long time, and we are all in our 60's). One started mimicking them, and immediately we were laughing every time someone said the f-word. It sure relieved any dramatic tension the director was going for!
hi there, I'm in my 60's to, and as much as I hate to say this, a whole lot of people use the F word in almost every other sentence, it is a culture shock for me as well, but unfortunatly, those that do, apparently are not wise enough to find any other descriptive words?

Old 08-11-2014, 10:56 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,251,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post

Agree. The overuse of the "f" word is the reason I stopped watching Ray Donovan. It's used to cover up bad writing.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:00 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,251,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, there was a polar bear in the very beginning of the show of Lost, which was never explained....
I'm not liking this show at all, didn't see last nights air, but it is turning out to be just like lost....

so many hints with no meanings....strange happeneing, left unsaid...which is really not my cup of tea.

As far as Norma is concerned...the reason for the shootings is this, (I think)
Remember at the end, when that guy held her and said, "you do suicidal things, so you still feel the pain".

Well, remember when I wrote it was a sort of high maybe?

Have you ever lost a friend or family member to death, and for a long time, you fear feeling happiness and laugh again....same thing, I think?

In other words, when someone shot her, she felt the pain...maybe she feared getting numb and forgetting them? All in all, the bigger picture, I know people who have lost children, and God as my witness I can't imagine...but, loosing your entire family....?

so, I don't know? But the show is really loosing my interest....
Interesting theory. Keeping the sudden departure foremost in everyone's thoughts is the main focus of the Guilty Remnants.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:44 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,534,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
I tried watching this show, and could not get through the first episode, which was filled with gratuitous sex, violence, and other disgusting behavior. I just don't need to see that kind of garbage.
I was in the same boat but it picks up by episode 3
I'm kind of glad the sheriffs son didn't get a hug from Wayne, seems to be some form of hypnosis.
Not to go there but,
Am i the only one that thinks, that Jill's best friend, is only there to seduce the sheriff and or cause havoc.
The whole scene with the dog bite and her walking around the house half naked is strange.
I loved that Meg showed that she's really not all the way converted. That note and the response had me laughing. It was as like "I know who your husband is screwing, lets go take these white gowns off, if not for min and pay her a visit"
Can't wait for the last 2 episodes
Can't remember the name of the actor that played the sheriffs dad last night, but he's good actor.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:52 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,272,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I'm kind of glad the sheriffs son didn't get a hug from Wayne, seems to be some form of hypnosis.
Not to go there but,
Am i the only one that thinks, that Jill's best friend, is only there to seduce the sheriff and or cause havoc.
The whole scene with the dog bite and her walking around the house half naked is strange.
I loved that Meg showed that she's really not all the way converted. That note and the response had me laughing. It was as like "I know who your husband is screwing, lets go take these white gowns off, if not for min and pay her a visit"
Can't remember the name of the actor that played the sheriffs dad last night, but he's good actor.
Well you seem to have gotten into it, I just got disgusted with it early on, and from what you posted I've missed nothing by deleting it from my disk. I just found it disgusting from the spin the smartphone for a sex act scene. That was it for me. I have no use for that kind of trash on my screen and I just don't want to see it.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Not to go there but,
no no, I got the same feelings, like she is trying to seduce him....yes, indeedy!

Old 08-11-2014, 01:38 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,534,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Well you seem to have gotten into it, I just got disgusted with it early on, and from what you posted I've missed nothing by deleting it from my disk. I just found it disgusting from the spin the smartphone for a sex act scene. That was it for me. I have no use for that kind of trash on my screen and I just don't want to see it.
Understand!
The disgusting sex act with the teenagers was only the first episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no no, I got the same feelings, like she is trying to seduce him....yes, indeedy!
That's what i thought
She seemed real eager to stay home

Old 08-11-2014, 04:57 PM

7,363 posts, read 5,477,454 times
I was liking this show up until this last episode. So many scenes.

My favorite part was when Nora sprayed the two GR women with the garden hose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV