Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 04:52 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times

Advertisements

Oh, she went! She absolutely went. And gave us a perfect explanation of what the other dimension is like. I mean, wow. Her kids were living in the same house! So at the same time she was in there alone they were in there first grieving her, and then moving on. Hubby finding a new love. The kids were so young, that 7 years was a very long time. They are ok w/o her now. Building a relationship with them, in that dimension, where she has nothing and no one else, would be weird. That all made perfect sense to me within the confines of the premise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 08:17 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Good enough ending I guess. Was pleased to get an explanation as to where they went, even if we don't know how/why.

I'm kinda glad it's over, though.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
I missed the last episode! And it's not On Demand yet. Sigh. I have to at least watch the last one after sticking with it all this time!!!

Old 06-09-2017, 02:41 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I missed the last episode! And it's not On Demand yet. Sigh. I have to at least watch the last one after sticking with it all this time!!!
Turns out, the 2% were all at Disneyland this whole time! Whodathunk, huh?

Old 06-09-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Turns out, the 2% were all at Disneyland this whole time! Whodathunk, huh?
Well, not exactly. They faced the same issues. 98% of the world departed.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:07 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
I am so sorry that I watched this until the end. MrsM gave up a long time ago

Old 06-10-2017, 08:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Found it! I liked the last episode the best of all this season. I like that they brought back the opening song and that we got some kind of resolution.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:03 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Found it! I liked the last episode the best of all this season. I like that they brought back the opening song and that we got some kind of resolution.
So, now you know I was totally fibbing about them having gone to Disneyland. Sorry about that.
I liked the last episode, as well. I was surprised with the direction. This show has never failed to surprise me. I love that about it. I'm going to miss not seeing it this evening.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
So, now you know I was totally fibbing about them having gone to Disneyland. Sorry about that.
I liked the last episode, as well. I was surprised with the direction. This show has never failed to surprise me. I love that about it. I'm going to miss not seeing it this evening.
Me too, BUT the last season really dragged. I more want something to take it's place that this actual show back on.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:53 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Oh, she went! She absolutely went. And gave us a perfect explanation of what the other dimension is like. I mean, wow. Her kids were living in the same house! So at the same time she was in there alone they were in there first grieving her, and then moving on. Hubby finding a new love. The kids were so young, that 7 years was a very long time. They are ok w/o her now. Building a relationship with them, in that dimension, where she has nothing and no one else, would be weird. That all made perfect sense to me within the confines of the premise.
Absolutely, 100% disagree with this. No way did Nora "go over", for these reasons:

1) If you watch the initial scene when she's in the bubble carefully, when the fluid starts to fill up the bubble she yells "stop" right as it's filling up her mouth. And, in the later flash-back scene when she's talking to Kevin, the fluid does also fill up her mouth somewhat. And, the two "technicians" had specifically told Nora that she had to hold her breath for 30 seconds so the fluid wouldn't enter her mouth, or else she would either die?!, or the process wouldn't work (can't remember exactly what they said). In any case, I believe she stopped the process before it was completed. Going along with this, this whole "process" that the technicians came up with for "going through" was almost certainly a scam anyway - in order to make $ off of the suckers willing to believe in this. I suspect that in the cases of those people that "did" really want to go to the other side & went through the process (not Nora), somehow the technicians eliminated them & then covered this up by having the fake "body fossils" to show as "proof" that people did go through.

2) Despite the above, if you still believe she "went over", the story of her finding the "scientist" on the other side (that had built the first machine) and convincing him to build her another machine so she could "go back" to where she came from really sounds like a lot of crap, and not at all plausible. If you do believe this, why didn't others from the "other side" come back in that same machine? Why was Nora the only one?!

3) Going along with this, when Nora was telling Kevin about life on the other side, we never saw any scenes corresponding with what she was saying. In and of itself that doesn't mean this didn't happen, but it does lend credence to the idea that she was making the whole thing up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV