Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 04:23 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times

Advertisements

It's making me crazy trying to figure out why (don't remember her character name or know her real name) - the mom of Junior looks so familiar.... some soap, some old show? Anybody?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 06:26 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
It's making me crazy trying to figure out why (don't remember her character name or know her real name) - the mom of Junior looks so familiar.... some soap, some old show? Anybody?
She was on Guiding Light and ER. Her name is Sherri Stringfield, I think.

Just wanted to add, if any one can remember who she played on GL, I would appreciate it! That has been driving me nuts!

Old 09-02-2014, 06:29 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
ER

and interestinly i noticed Eriq La Salle directed that nonsense yesterday

i wouldnt want my name anywhere near that show

Old 09-02-2014, 06:31 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Thank you so much ouijee woman!! ER!!! That's it !! (I actually watch one soap, Y&R and wondered) - now I know

Old 09-03-2014, 08:14 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Funny that I just noticed that she was Sherri Stringfield too. Loved her on ER way back in it's beginnings.

Can't fathom any character she plays being married to Big Jim. The Dome should have let him hang when it had the chance.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:56 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
I wonder if the "earthquakes" were due to the dome lifting off and settling down over where the egg ended up?

Old 09-05-2014, 12:06 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,112 times
I can't stand Jim-- His fascination over this darn egg! so selfish! That girl melody i suspect is some kinda trouble i dont know- I hope the season finale answers some of our questions. (hope julia doesn't die tho)

Old 09-05-2014, 08:22 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
ER

and interestinly i noticed Eriq La Salle directed that nonsense yesterday

i wouldnt want my name anywhere near that show
I liked the show last season, but this season it just seems too much like a soap opera. I'm stuck watching with my kids because they like it, though I'm pretty sure this will be it for us after the season is over. The writing, music, way they deliver lines, way the plot keeps changing ridiculously is exactly like a soap. I think they got all those unemployed actors and writers from the canceled soap operas. They ended last season with Barbie on the gallows and the townspeople ready to stand behind Big Jim, to suddenly hating Big Jim and then the whole thing changed again two or three episodes back to something that actually would have been better to begin with, but now I'm over it. It's just too ridiculous. The actor who plays Big Jim should get as far away from that show as he can because I think he's actually pretty good, but the rest could be straight out of One Life to Live.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:34 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,233,839 times
Ratings dropped dramatically this year, so renewal is not a given. CBS is very disappointed.

I think what they misread was last year's numbers. There were a lot of us that treated the show as a joke (it *was* that bad), but we stuck around to see how it ended. So CBS sees ratings stay steady and thinks "we gotta hit". And there were decent numbers upon its return this June (June 2014).

But the show has become so gawd-awful that millions quit watching. Ratings have plummeted and CBS has put it on the bubble. People smarter than me put the renewal odds at slightly less than 50-50.

I watch it still, but only for the train wreck syndrome. I'll quit when this season is over, even I have my limits.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:46 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Ratings dropped dramatically this year, so renewal is not a given. CBS is very disappointed.

I think what they misread was last year's numbers. There were a lot of us that treated the show as a joke (it *was* that bad), but we stuck around to see how it ended. So CBS sees ratings stay steady and thinks "we gotta hit". And there were decent numbers upon its return this June (June 2014).

But the show has become so gawd-awful that millions quit watching. Ratings have plummeted and CBS has put it on the bubble. People smarter than me put the renewal odds at slightly less than 50-50.

I watch it still, but only for the train wreck syndrome. I'll quit when this season is over, even I have my limits.
lol, CBS maybe should have watched it before giving it the greenlight

i download it and watch it so that if i ever write a script i know what NOT to do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV