Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 11:45 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,461,564 times

Advertisements

I was not surprised at who went home. I think they each got into their own heads when they realized it would be a double elimination. Each made one mistake in their dishes, so it was more about whose mistake was the smallest that determined who stayed.

I'm really, really not liking Courtney right about now. She has surpassed my dislike for Leslie and Cutter. Did anyone doubt Courtney was going to save herself? I'm glad the judges decided to save Christian. He seemed to actually do a wonderful job on the burgers, considering the rocky start they had before the competition started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 11:48 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,290,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I was not surprised at who went home. I think they each got into their own heads when they realized it would be a double elimination. Each made one mistake in their dishes, so it was more about whose mistake was the smallest that determined who stayed.

I'm really, really not liking Courtney right about now. She has surpassed my dislike for Leslie and Cutter. Did anyone doubt Courtney was going to save herself? I'm glad the judges decided to save Christian. He seemed to actually do a wonderful job on the burgers, considering the rocky start they had before the competition started.
I couldn't believe she did that but then I considered who she was and knew she would be the one to do something like that.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:26 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,461,985 times
No one else seemed surprised that she saved herself either. I also noticed that when she saw the sign "Blue Rules" she automatically assumed it was for her team. Never crossed her mind the sign was made for the blue teams football players.
Self centered so and so.

When is Leslie going to figure out he needs to add MORE salt to everything? How many times does he have to hear his dish is not seasoned enough before it sinks in?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:36 PM

17,496 posts, read 15,086,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
When is Leslie going to figure out he needs to add MORE salt to everything? How many times does he have to hear his dish is not seasoned enough before it sinks in?
You know.. Leslie is not an idiot.. And his seasoning reflects that somewhat.. It's always better to be light on seasoning than over-season.. Because, you can always (almost always) add more. You can't take it back out.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:40 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,461,985 times
True enough, but every dish there one complaint is their is not enough seasoning. By the time they are tasting it, it's too late to go with more.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:45 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,810,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You know.. Leslie is not an idiot.. And his seasoning reflects that somewhat.. It's always better to be light on seasoning than over-season.. Because, you can always (almost always) add more. You can't take it back out.
Absolutely, however, he's not cooking for his family at home. The judges expect dishes to be perfect, without having to ask for someone to pass the salt shaker. He needs to make sure the seasoning is correct before he puts the dish in front of the judges.

Seasoning is something that even really good chefs can forget sometimes, though. I've seen that happen in Top Chef and Chopped as well.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:33 PM

608 posts, read 1,705,627 times
Is it just me or is Jamiee's voice becoming scratchier as the competition goes on? I like her as a contestant, but her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Sad to see Victoria go. I like all the remaining contestants except Cutter and Courtney. Early on, when Ahran called Courtney "phony", I initially dismissed it as silly drama. Now, I'm starting to see Ahran was spot-on. Courtney is very phony and duplicitous.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:32 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,290,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiderotsGhost View Post
Is it just me or is Jamiee's voice becoming scratchier as the competition goes on? I like her as a contestant, but her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Sad to see Victoria go. I like all the remaining contestants except Cutter and Courtney. Early on, when Ahran called Courtney "phony", I initially dismissed it as silly drama. Now, I'm starting to see Ahran was spot-on. Courtney is very phony and duplicitous.
It isn't scratchy but I def think she has a medical problem. We talked about this before and I was thinking MS, but not sure.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:19 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,771,171 times
Again, Courtney might just win the title of "Master Chef" despite not having cooked all that much. They need to chuck the "I don't have to demonstrate my cooking ability under pressure"..er..."I can sit out the challenge." Especially given the FACT that plenty of her wins have been TEAM wins in which she was captain. Can this dame cook--the difficult challenge items AND under pressure--or not?

Last edited by Delahanty; 08-12-2014 at 06:27 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 08:15 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,399,489 times
the blue team shouldnt have been the losers to begin with

red was disfunctional and the win margin was close

why would courtney put herself in danger when really her team shouldnt have even been up there

if the red team had lost and jaime saved herself, i woulda had a problem with it because she didnt lead and she had a disfunctional team
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV