Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2014, 10:02 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,889 times

Advertisements

I really hope Courtney gets kicked soon!!!!

So sad about willie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 01:52 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,569,659 times
I don't know why the judges seem to like Leslie unless it's a guy thing, or he's really different when the cameras aren't rolling. I'm surprised that the judges are allowing Courtney to win. They're all married with kids, and she's barely more than a child herself, so what's the draw? When she said she had a little brother who was six and she hadn't seen for a year, I wondered what her backstory was. Maybe there's something about her we don't know.

My faves to win would be either Elizabeth, Jamie or Christian. Leslie can go back to being house husband to his wife's five kids and their two, who, interestingly have taken their mother's ex-husband's last name, Hart. Maybe they want to ride the coattails of their step-sister Melissa Joan Hart.

I was sorry to see Willie go, but it was time, and he knew it. It should have been Cutter weeks ago, so I have no clue why the producers are keeping him around. He's not a villain, he's not much of anything, especially a cook. So what's the draw?

I am hoping we'll have someone come back and a double elimination next week.....

Old 08-27-2014, 03:07 AM

608 posts, read 1,707,999 times
This thread has taken a rather conspiracy theory-ish turn lately.

I don't particularly like Courtney, but her dishes have tended to look very good. Difficult to argue with her victory this time, as I thought her plate was the best in appearance.

Leslie is a spectacular cook. That's why the judges "keep him around." Though, it's also obvious why he's the "house husband" and his wife is the bread winner of the household. The guy has difficulty getting along with anyone. Frankly, he'd be the perfect winner for this competition, because the main prize is getting a cookbook published. Can't imagine Leslie having a success running a business or anything that involves interaction with real people, but as a cookbook author, he'd be great!

Sad to see Big Willie go. Hard not to root for him. He really did start to look a bit weaker over the past few episodes. Think as the competition has gotten more intense, he's struggled more. Still, if there were a candidate to open up their own restaurant, he'd be perfect! His personality + his food = winner!

Oh and ... how is Cutter still there?!!!! Actually, if anything, the fact that Cutter is still there shows that the competition is mostly not rigged. (I do think they chose favorites towards the end, though, for marketing reasons) There's really no ratings value to him at all. It's completely inexplicable that he's there. The only reason it's interesting at all is because it makes so little sense! He's consistently been "second worst" in almost every challenge!

Old 08-27-2014, 11:35 AM

703 posts, read 2,942,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I don't know why the judges seem to like Leslie unless it's a guy thing, or he's really different when the cameras aren't rolling. I'm surprised that the judges are allowing Courtney to win. They're all married with kids, and she's barely more than a child herself, so what's the draw? When she said she had a little brother who was six and she hadn't seen for a year, I wondered what her backstory was. Maybe there's something about her we don't know.

Who knows, maybe her family did not approve of her becoming an. . .ahem "aerial dancer."

Old 08-27-2014, 11:46 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,529,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofan View Post
Who knows, maybe her family did not approve of her becoming an. . .ahem "aerial dancer."
My eyes wouldn't.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:29 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,349,138 times
Ok. So when we are watching MC5 I totally sit here and call Courtney a skank. I can spot a skank from 5 miles away.

Maybe she isn't a skank. I don't know. But I certainly just came across topless pictures of her..... Think the judges know anything about all of that?

Old 08-28-2014, 01:09 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,569,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Ok. So when we are watching MC5 I totally sit here and call Courtney a skank. I can spot a skank from 5 miles away.

Maybe she isn't a skank. I don't know. But I certainly just came across topless pictures of her..... Think the judges know anything about all of that?
I guess I missed the bio on Courtney. Aerial dancer? Yikes. Topless pictures? Oy. I can't imagine the judges don't know about them. I would think the producers vet out everyone on the show. Somehow, I don't think she'll get a cookbook deal....

Old 08-28-2014, 06:04 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,349,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I guess I missed the bio on Courtney. Aerial dancer? Yikes. Topless pictures? Oy. I can't imagine the judges don't know about them. I would think the producers vet out everyone on the show. Somehow, I don't think she'll get a cookbook deal....
Or maybe it's helping her get a cookbook deal!

Old 08-28-2014, 07:31 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
But I certainly just came across topless pictures of her.....
So....not that I went looking for them ()

But a quick google search led me to multiple topless pictures of her, as well as one of her bare behind. Now who am I to judge, as what she does is "artistic."

Though I don't really care for her, I have to admit that she is a pretty good cook. But between her being on so many winning team challenges and being selected as the winner for a ton of individual challenges, Courtney has probably cooked the least of anybody on the show. As others have already said, somebody like Jamie has probably competed in at least 10 more challenges than Courtney....and she's survived them all. That's a pretty big deal.

At this point guys, I really don't see anybody else winning other than Courtney. The judges love her, she's pretty, and she's a pretty good cook. I believe it could be Leslie, Christian, or Elizabeth to make it to the finals with her, but they won't win.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:05 AM

800 posts, read 1,296,588 times
given the ease of finding topless pictures of courtney, seriously, i just googled her first name and masterchef and they were in the top links, ABOVE masterchef or fox links, she will not win because of the PR ****storm to follow. the fact that they keep saying "ariel dancer" is quite the stretch, shes a stripper and won "dancer" of the year at her club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV